JEL Classification: D11, D12, M31.
Saher L., Candidate of Economics (PhD), Senior Lecturer of the Department of Marketing and MIA, Sumy State University, Sumy, Ukraine
Starkiv I., Master of the Department of Marketing and MIA, Sumy State University, Sumy, Ukraine
ANALYSIS OF EXTERNAL AND INTERNAL FACTORS AFFECTING THE DECISION-MAKING PROCESS WHILE PURCHASING A MOBILE PHONE
Introduction. In modern conditions, the process of identifying consumer behavior under the influence of environmental factors and internal physical and psychological needs remains important. In fact, it is impossible to make effective marketing decisions without taking into account the factors that affect consumer in specific socio-economic situations, as well as his own convictions, values and lifestyle. In conditions of market saturation, it is important to make special efforts to find and keep one`s consumer.
Results. Theoretical bases of research of the factors influencing the decision-making process of the consumer in the choice of goods are examined and analyzed, and the components of external and internal impact are detailed in this article. The peculiarities of end-consumers` buying behavior during purchasing a mobile phone are analyzed, the analysis of significant criteria, put forward by the consumer, is carried out. The influence of marketing measures such as advertising and promotional offers, the period of mobile phone longevity, the reason for changing the model, the place of phone purchase are analyzed. The influence of the seller’s gender on the decision-making process is considered. The interpretation of the research results is presented graphically, for visual presentation. It was found that store personnel plays a significant role, consumers trust men more while purchasing a mobile phone. Guidelines based on consumer requirements about mobile phone modifications are given.
Conclusions. The data, which are base for establishing the dependence of consumer behavior on factors, were obtained as a result of questioning visitors of specialized shops. The results of the research allow us to state that the consumer behavior depends on the purchasing influence. It is established that the choice is more based on psychological and personal factors, dependence also exists on socio-cultural factors, marketing complex and factors of situational influence, and also the main requirements for choosing a mobile phone, which are an important aspects for producing a competitive product are identified.
Keywords: consumer, consumer behavior, buying choice, purchasing influence, mobile phone.
- Aleshyna, I. V. (2006). Povedenie potrebitelei [Сonsumer behavior], Ekonomist, Moskva, Russia [in Russian].
- Hasymova, M. E. (2016). “Doslidzhennia faktoriv, shcho vplyvaiut na spozhyvchyi vybir”, International Electronic Scientific Journal, 12, 40-44 [in Ukrainian].
- Durovych, A. P. (2008). Marketinhovye issledovaniia v turizme [Marketing research in tourism], Sankt-Peterburh, Russia [in Russian].
- Zozulov, O. V. (2015). Kryterii efektyvnoho rynkovoho pozytsionuvannia tovariv na spozhyvchomu rynku [Criteria of the effective commodities positioning on the consumer market]. Marketynh v Ukraini –Marketing in Ukraine, vol. 2, pp. 39-45 [in Ukrainian].
- Fedorovycha, R. V. (Eds.). (2014), Marketynhovyi instrumentarii formuvannia popytu na tovary ta posluhy na rynkakh Ukrainy [Marketing toolkit for the formation of demand for goods and services in the Ukrainian markets], TNTU im. I. Puliuia, Ternopil, Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
- Onyskiv, V. (2010), Doslidzhennia povedinky spozhyvachiv ta rozrobka novoho tovaru v umovakh ekonomichnoi kryzy [Research of consumer behavior and development of a new product in conditions of economic crisis], Galyc’kyj ekonomichnyj visnyk –Galician Economic Bulletin, 1, pp. 65-74 [in Ukrainian].
- Strashynska, L. V. (2010), Povedinka spozhyvachiv [Сonsumer behavior], Ekomen, Kyiv, Ukraine [in Ukrainian].
- Turcheniuk, M. O. & Shvets, M. D. (2011), Marketynh [Marketing], Znannia, Kyiv, Ukraine [in Ukrainian].