JEL Classification: D83; I25; J24.
Bei Hanna, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor of Management and Behavioral Economics Department, Vasyl’ Stus Donetsk National University, Vinnytsia, Ukraine
MANAGEMENT OF PERSONNEL DEVELOPMENT AS METHOD OF ENSURING OF HIGH LEVEL EMPLOYEES ENGAGEMENT
Introduction. In modern conditions of economy development forming a high level of the personnel engagement and a highest level of motivation of work allows enterprises to reach the best indicators of efficiency.
Purpose. Determination of interrelation between effective personnel development management and achievement of high level of its engagement in the conditions of competitive economy.
Results. In the article it is determined that management of personnel development, availability of the professional improvement and training opportunities in the course of work act as one of the determining factors which influence the level of the personnel engagement. Interpretation of the personnel engagement and modern vision of this problem at the Ukrainian enterprises is proved, the interrelation research between existence of effective systems of personnel development and increase in level of its engagement is conducted. High degree of dependence between availability of predictions of professional growth, an opportunity to enhance the skills on a workplace and desire to continue working at the entity, an embodiment of own and corporate tasks is revealed. The directions of improvement of the existing personnel development systems of the enterprise in the context of ensuring high level of the personnel engagement are offered, major factors of influence are formulated. Major factors, which influence level of personnel engagement, are fair and clear system of a financial incentive, the developed communications structure and certain organization culture, the system of an authority delegation and goal setting, forming of positive image of the enterprise and also the worker’s embodiment as persons. The last component is considered in the context of management of personnel development – systems which are provided by fixed professional enhancement of workers and improvement of their knowledge, abilities and habits.
Conclusion. It is proved that effective management of personnel development is offered to workers as an important factor of engagement to work, and the lack of similar system and opportunities of advanced training and professional knowledge negatively influences job satisfaction and loyalty of personnel.
Keywords: personnel development, employee engagement, motivation.
- Kolot, A. M. and Tsymbaliuk, S. O. (2012), Motyvatsiia personalu [Personnel motivation], KNEU, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Petrachenko, D. (2009), “Labour motivation and stimulation as a tool of enterprise activity improvement”, Skhid, 9 (100), pp. 23–27.
- Huhul, O. Ya. (2013), “Theoretical bases of the management of personnel development”, Innovatsijna nauka, 6 (44), pp.194–198.
- Larycheva, A. V. and Vedernikov, M. D. (2014), “Methods of the personnel training organization in the conditions of the enterprises fixed assets compelled movement”, Innovatsijna ekonomika, 6 (55), pp. 72–77.
- Nikonec, O. E. and Cherkasova, A. N. (2016), “Organization’s personnel engagement as a highest level of its motivation”, Koncept, vol. 11, pp. 231–235.
- Kahn, W.A. (1990), “Psychological conditions of personal engagement and disengagement at work” [Online], available at: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua (Accessed 15 April 2018).
- Kirillov, A. V. (2014), “Technologies of human recourses management and its conjuncture”, Social’naja politika i sociologija, vol. 4 (105), pp. 173-184.
- Konovalova, V. (2014), “Management of personnel engagement: factors of success and fail”, Kadrovik, vol. 9, pp. 74-84.
- Schetinina, L. V. and Yastrubyns’ka, A. Ye. (2017), “Evaluation of staff involvement: significance, requirements and practical recommendations” [Online], available at: http://ir.kneu.edu.ua/bitstream/2010/22607/3/259-266.pdf (Accessed 9 April 2018).
- Frank, F. D. Finnegan, R. P. and Taylor, C. R. (2004), “The race for talent: retaining and engaging workers in the 21st century”, Human Resource Planning, vol. 27, no 3, pp. 12-25.
- Korn Ferry Hay Group (2017), “Personnel engagement”, available at: https://www.haygroup.com/ua/services/index.aspx?id=3066 (Accessed 25 March 2018).
- Savina, H. H. Bochkareva, Ye. I. and Scherbyna, A. M. (2014), “Socail aspekts of organizational management effectiveness”, Visnyk Khmel’nyts’koho natsional’noho universytetu, vol. 5, pp. 82-93.
- Chulanova, O. L. and Pripasaeva, O. I. (2016), “Involvement of staff of the basic approaches, the basic principles practice in the use of staff”, Naukovedenie, 8 [Online], available at: https://naukovedenie.ru/PDF/ 127EVN216.pdf (Accessed 20 April 2018).
- Hviniashvili, T. Z. and Pavlovych, S. O. (2017), “Effective instruments of personnel motivation” [Online], available at: http://www.confcontact.com/2017-ekonomika-i-menedzhment/4_gvini_pavlovich (Accessed 10 April 2018).
- Kappel, M. (2018), “How to establish a culture of employee engagement”, [Online], available at: https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikekappel/2018/01/04/how-to-establish-a-culture-of-employee-engagement/2/#77fddb4f2a04 (Accessed 30 March 2018).