|JEL Classification: E24, M41
Ksonzhyk Іryna, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Professor of Department of Accounting and Taxation, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
Pisochenko Tetiana, Candidate of Economic Sciences, Assistant, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
Petrov Pavel, candidate for a master’s degree, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
Organizational and Legal Regulation of Accounting of Business Trip Expenses
of Employees of Public Sector Institutions of Ukraine
Abstract. Introduction. The public sector of Ukraine at the present stage of its historical development is constantly transforming, cooperating with many countries of the world in various fields, adopting their experience of the state formation. Therefore, in order to ensure an effective solution to the issues of successful functioning of public sector entities, there is a need for business trips both on the territory of Ukraine and abroad. At the same time, both heads of public enterprises and institutions and ordinary workers can be sent on a business trip.
Purpose. The goal of the research is to analyze the organizational and legal foundations and scientific and methodological positions regarding business trips, accounting for the costs for their implementation and documenting this process in institutions and at public sector enterprises.
Results. The article examines the list of documents that are made to document business trips and identifies the specifics of reporting on receipt of funds. The requirements for documents added to the report on the use of funds provided for a business trip or on condition of accountability have been determined. The features of the procedure for reflecting expenses in accounting and tax accounting have been considered. The introduction of the performance audit mechanism has been proposed as a progressive source of control over the use of public funds.
Conclusions. Absolute and timely documentation of the accounting of business trip expenses within the framework of regulatory legal acts is a guarantee of compliance with accounting policies, reliability of accounting and reporting, accounting for settlements with accountable persons. In order to minimize travel expenses and make the most efficient use of financial resources, institutions operating in the public sector are in dire need of a performance audit mechanism.
Keywords: business trips; accountable persons; advance payment; business trip expense report; per diem expenses; reporting deadlines; performance audit.
- Svirko, S. V. & Farion, А. І. (2012). Subjects and Objects of Accounting in the Public Sector of Ukraine in the Context of Current Domestic Legislation. Independent auditor, 2 (IV), 36-42.
- Atamas, P. Y. (2009). Accounting in Budgetary Institutions: study guide [for students of higher educational institutions]. Kyiv: Center for Educational Literature.
- Luchko, М. R., Zorii, N. М. & Khorunzhak, N. М. (2015). Control in the Public Sector of the Economy: study guide. Ternopil: Ternopil National Economic University.
- Khorunzhak, N. М. (2013). Theory and Methodology of Accounting in Budgetary Institutions in the Conditions of Informatizationof Society: monograph. Ternopil: Ternopil National Economic University.
- Luhcko, M., Sosiuk, S., Khorunzhak, N., Benko, I. (2017). Accounting in Ukraine under Implementation of the European Legislation. Ternopil : TNEU.
- Dzhoha, R. Т. (2003). Accounting in Budgetary Institutions: textbook. Kyiv: Kyiv National Economic University.
- Bilukha, М. Т. (2003). Standards of State Financial Control. Accounting and auditing, P. 45-48
- Duda, Т. Т. (2014). Estimated Aspects of Accounting for Business Trip Expenses Abroad. Economic sciences, 3(212), 156-160.
- Len, S. (2006). Organization of Accounting: textbook. Kyiv: Center for Educational Literature.
- Melnyk, N. (2014). Calculations for Business Trips in the System of Elements of the Method of Accounting. Current problems of the region’s development, 9, 65-70.
- Instruction on Business Trips within Ukraine and Abroad: Order of Ministry of Finance of Ukraine of March 13, 1998 No. 59. Date of update 09.2017. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0218-98.
- Code of Labor Laws of Ukraine No. 322-VIII of December 10, 1971. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/322-08#Text
- On Public Service: Law of Ukraine of December 10, 2015 No. 889. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/889-19#Text.
- On the amounts and composition of business trip expenses of civil servants, as well as other persons sent on a business trip by enterprises, institutions and organizations, which are fully or partially supported (financed) from budget funds : Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine of 02.02.2011 No.98. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/98-2011.
- Code of Ukraine on Administrative Offenses No.80731-Xof December 07, 1984. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/80731-10#Text.
- Business Trip: the Nuances. URL: https://i.factor.ua/ukr/journals/ds/2018/november/issue-11/article-40653.html.
- On Business Trips: a Letter from the Ministry of Finance of 20.01.2007 No. 31-18030-07-10/854. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v_854201-07#Text
- Regarding Problematic Issues of Working Time Accounting: Letter of Ministry of Social Policy of 15.11.2013 No. 656/18/99-13. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v0656739-13#Text
- Annual Leave: Highlights. Taxes and accounting. No. 32. p. 34.
- Maximum Per Diem Expensesfor Public Sector Employees 2020. ua: website. URL: https://buh.ligazakon.net/aktualno/7269_dobov-2020
- Verkhohliad, О. How to Send an Employee on a Business Trip: From Ordering to Reporting. ibuhgalter.net :website. URL: https://ibuhgalter.net/ru/material/171/3602
- Syrtseva, S. V., Cheban, Y. Y., Braslavska, І. М. (2019). Settlements with accountable persons in budgetary institutions: features of accounting and control. Modern Economics, 18(2019), 189-196. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V18(2019)-28.
- On Accounting and Financial Reporting in Ukraine: Law of Ukraine of July 16, 1999 No. 996-XIV.Date of update 14.11.2020. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/996-14#Text.
- National Regulation (Standard) of Accounting in the Public Sector 124 “Income”: Order of Ministry of Finance of Ukraine of February 7, 2013 No.73. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0089-11#Text.
- National Regulation (Standard) of Accounting in the Public Sector 21 “Impact of changes in exchange rates”: Order of Ministry of Finance of Ukraine of August 10, 2000 No. 193. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0515-00#Text.
- National Regulation (Standard) of Accounting in the Public Sector 135 “Expenses”: Order of Ministry of Finance of Ukraine of May 18, 2012No. 568. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0903-12#Text.
- On approval of the Chart of Accounts in the public sector: Order of Ministry of Finance of Ukraine of December 31, 2013 No. 1203. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0161-14#Text.
- Procedure for application of the Chart of Accounts in the public sector: order of Ministry of Finance of Ukraine of December 29, 2015 No. 1219. URL: http://search.ligazakon.ua/l_doc2.nsf/link1/RE28215Z.html.
- Typical correspondence of accounting subaccounts to reflect transactions with assets, capital and liabilities by managers of budgetary funds and state trust funds: order of Ministry of Finance of Ukraine dated December 29, 2015 No.1219. Date of update URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0086-16.
- On approval of the form of the Report on the use of funds issued for business trips or on condition of accountability, and the Procedure for its compilation of 09.15 No.841. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1248-15#Text
- Liashenko, A. Business Trip Expenses: Nuances of Accounting.URL: URL: https://uteka.ua/ua/publication/budget-13-byudzhet-buxgalterskij-uchet-otchetnost-i-kaznachejskoe-obsluzhivanie-52-rasxody-na-komandirovku-nyuansy-ucheta
- Spodaryk, V. M., Khotnianska, N. Y. Performance Audit is a New Form of Public Financial Control in Ukraine. URL: https://dspace.uzhnu.edu.ua/jspui/bitstream/lib/7623/1/%D0%90%D0%A3%D0%86.pdf.
Received: 15 January 2021
How to quote this article?
|Ksonzhyk I., Pisochenko T., Petrov P. (2021). Organizational and Legal Regulation of Accounting of Business Trip Expenses of Employees of Public Sector Institutions of Ukraine. Modern Economics, 25(2021), 86-91. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V25(2021)-13.|