|JEL Classification: І21; J14
Lunkina Tеtiana, Doctor of Economics, Associate Professor of the Department of Finance, Banking and Insurance, Mykolaiv National Agrarian University, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
Sizonenko Julia, applicant higher education, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Mykolaiv, Ukraine
Socialization of Young People with Special Educational Needs
Annotation. Introduction. The unfavorable trend of disability in the world as a whole and in Ukraine in particular, necessitates solving the problems of access to education for children and youth with special needs, because a full life in society of people with disabilities is impossible without quality education and professional self-realization. Today, the education system for applicants with special educational needs is at a stage of inevitable change.
Purpose. In the course of the research the essence and peculiarities of the development of inclusive education in Ukraine are considered. The advantages and disadvantages of including young people with special needs in the educational process are analyzed. The advantages of inclusion in the educational process both for young people with special needs and for typical applicants for higher education are substantiated.
Results. A SWOT analysis of the socialization of young people with special educational needs was conducted. It is proposed to introduce measures to attract young people with special educational needs for their socialization, adaptation and integration into society.
Conclusion. It has been proven that the problem of inclusive education is becoming more and more widespread every year, so higher education institutions need to respond immediately, developing mechanisms for attracting and further cooperation of young people with special needs. The practical value of the proposed ideas is: creating conditions for improving the competence of higher education students when working with people with disabilities; approbation of educational programs focused on training specialists with special needs; providing comprehensive and equitable quality education and encouraging lifelong learning opportunities for all. The socialization of young people with special educational needs will create conditions for effective work and interaction of higher education students with people with disabilities throughout the educational process.
Keywords: inclusion; persons with disabilities; socialization; educational process; integration; institutions of higher education; tutor students.
- Talanchuk, P. (2016). Modern education requires radical changes. 4-6, 17-19. Retrieved from : http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/dslg_2016_4-6_6 [in Ukrainian].
- Тaldonova, L. O. (2019). Inclusive education as a sign of the system of democratic processes in education. Teoretychni i prykladni problemy psykholohiyi, 2, 320-330. Retrieved from : http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Tippp_2019_2_29 [in Ukrainian].
- Kalinovska, I. M. & Prokopchuk, V. V. (2020). Inclusive education in Canada and Ukraine in a comparative aspect. Sotsialʹno-humanitarnyy visnyk, 31, 29-30 Retrieved from : http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/sochumj_2020_31_14 [in Ukrainian].
- Sadova, I. I. (2019). Inclusive education in Ukraine : current status and prospects. Zbirnyk naukovykh pratsʹ Khmelʹnytsʹkoho instytutu sotsialʹnykh tekhnolohiy Universytetu «Ukrayina, 17, 94-97. Retrieved from : http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Znpkhist_2019_17_25 [in Ukrainian].
- Udych, Z. I. (2018). Inclusive education – a promising area of development of scientific and pedagogical schools in Ukraine. Visnyk Zhytomyrsʹkoho derzhavnoho universytetu imeni Ivana Franka. Pedahohichni nauky, 4, 213-219. Retrieved from : http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/VZhDUP_2018_4_36 [in Ukrainian].
- Hrebin, S. (2019). Social inclusion : the aspect of «inclusion» of children in adult society. Nova pedahohichna dumka, 3, 10-12. Retrieved from : http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Npd_2019_3_4 [in Ukrainian].
- Social protection of the population of Ukraine : statystychnyy zbirnyk. Retrieved from : http://ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/ Arhiv_u/15/Arch_szn_zb.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine. Invalidnistʹ. Retrieved from : https://www.msp.gov.ua/timeline/invalidnist.html [in Ukrainian].
- UNDP Sustainable Development Goals in Ukraine. Retrieved from : https://www.ua.undp.org/content/ukraine/uk/home/sustainable-development-goals.html [in Ukrainian].
- On the basics of social protection of persons with disabilities in Ukraine. Retrieved from : https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/875-12#Text [in Ukrainian].
Received: 13 December 2020
How to quote this article?
|Lunkina T., Sizonenko Ju. (2021). Socialization of young people with special educational needs. Modern Economics, 25(2021), 98-104. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V25(2021)-15.|