|JEL Classification: A13, H55
Shcherbak Serhii, Postgraduate Student of the Department of Personnel Management, Labor Economics and Economic Theory, Poltava University of Economics and Trade, Poltava, Ukraine
“Welfare State” as a Variable Conceptual Model of a Modern Socially Oriented Market Economy
Annotation. Introduction. The article discusses the views of scientists on the “welfare state” model of the implementation of the principles of a socially oriented market economy.
Purpose. Analysis of versatile scientific works and researches. Research of the theorical and methodological principles of “welfare state” as a variable conceptual model of modern socially oriented market economy.
Results. The implementation of the tactical and strategic task that fundamentally faces the state and the national economy of Ukraine – a significant improvement in the welfare and level of social protection of citizens – is possible only if the socially oriented market economy is consistently developed according to the “state of general welfare” model. Fundamentally, this model should include, as shown earlier: effective private and public sectors of the economy, effective state macroeconomic regulation, high level of social protection and health care, correctly defined goals of investment and innovation development, stimulation of entrepreneurial initiative and competition, a clear focus on a high level of international competitiveness.
Conclusions. The socially oriented market economy, built in developed countries in the last third of the twentieth century, was studied as a generalized and practically implemented model of the “welfare state”. Theoretical and methodological directions of its analysis as a conceptual model in variative theoretical and practical approaches and their application in the context of possibilities of realization of general principles, principles and peculiarities of certain countries are defined. It has been shown that in the target orientation of the “welfare state” as a conceptual model of the social market economy, the welfare of the country’s citizens occupies the first place, that is, the standard of living, which includes not only the material component (the level of income per capita), but also such a concept as quality of life (ecology, quality of food, medicines, social standards, etc.). The theoretic and methodological approach to the analysis of the socio-economic system as a model of development and functioning is substantiated, which allows to find out more thoroughly and clearly the main directions of society’s progress in the XXI century.
Keywords: welfare state; socio-economic system; socially oriented economy; welfare of the nation; social protection.
- Pigu, A. (1985). Ekonomicheskaya teoria blagosostoyaniya [Economic theory of welfare]. Moscow : Progres [in Russ.].
- Gelbreyt, D. (2018). Obzhchestvo izobilia [Abundance society]. Moscow: Izd-vo “Olimp-Biznes” [in Russ.].
- Keyns, D. (1993). Obshchaya teoria zanyatosti, protsenta I deneg [General theory of employment, interest and money]. Petrozavodsk : Petrokom [in Russ.].
- Sheldreyk, D. (2001). Teoria menegmenta: ot teylorisma do yaponizacii [Management theory: from Taylorism to Japaneseization]. SPb.: Piter [in Russ.].
- Meskon, M. H. (1999). Osnovy menegmenta [Management Basics]. M. : Delo [in Russ.].
- List of countries by GDP (PCS) per capita. Retrieved from http://surl.li/mtyt [in Ukr.].
- Index chelovecheskogo razvitia. Gumanitarniy portal. Retrieved from https://gtmarket.ru/ratings/human-development-index [in Russ.].
- Amosha, O.I. (2015). Problems and ways of securing the social organization of the economy of Ukraine. Zhurnal evropeyskoy ekonomiki, 4 (№2), 184-196 [in Ukr.].
- Novikova, O.F. (2016). Ekonomichna bezpeka: konceptualne viznachennia ta mechanism zabezpechennia [Economic security: conceptual definition and support mechanism]. Donetsk: NAN Ukrainy. In-t ekonomiky prom. [in Ukr.].
- Sen, A. (2009). Development as Capability Expansion. Journal of Development Planning, 19, P. 41-58.
Received: 15 January 2021
How to quote this article?
|Shcherbak S. (2021). “Welfare State” as a Variable Conceptual Model of a Modern Socially Oriented Market Economy. Modern Economics, 25(2021), 166-171. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V25(2021)-26.|