|JEL Classification: D71; L20; M14
Berzhanir Anatolii, PhD (Sociology), Associate Professor of the Department of Economics and Social Behavioral Sciences, Pavlo Tychuna Uman State Pedagogical University, Uman, Ukraine
Implementation of Social Responsibility Principles in Agricultural Business
Abstract. Introduction. The current stage of functioning of the world economic system is characterized by the desire to ensure sustainable development, the essence of which lies in the unity of economic, social and environmental components. The most important tool for its implementation at the level of enterprises, companies, firms is the concept of corporate social responsibility.
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to substantiate the essence and analyze the main directions of introducing social responsibility of the domestic agricultural business, as well as the system of objective and subjective factors that influence it.
Results. The features of the implementation of the social responsibility system in the domestic agricultural business as an important component of the further development of agricultural production have been investigated. The necessity of activating the social orientation of the agricultural business in connection with the insufficient development of the social sphere of the village and the presence of significant social problems in rural areas has been determined. The essence of social responsibility of business as a voluntary contribution of entrepreneurial structures in solving problems of social, economic and environmental spheres, which is carried out outside the regulatory requirements, has been substantiated. The need to implement an effective management system using modern innovative tools has been pointed out. It has been proven that most agricultural enterprises focus their activities on ensuring decent working conditions for personnel, cooperation with local communities, and solving environmental problems. The directions of implementation of social responsibility of agricultural companies in Ukraine have been shown. The structure and volumes of social investment of the leading agricultural holdings have been characterized. New ways of doing agribusiness and promising areas of social responsibility in the internal and external environment have been formulated.
Conclusions. Expanding the scale and improving the mechanisms of social responsibility, increasing the level of motivation and interest of agribusiness to improve the quality of life of rural residents and the development of rural areas will contribute to the intensification of production and social infrastructure. Ultimately, all this will reveal a significant positive impact on the socio-economic development of the regions and the country as a whole.
Keywords: social responsibility, agrarian business, social infrastructure, social sphere, social efficiency, social investments.
- Kolot, A. M. (2014) Corporate social responsibility: modern philosophy, problems of assimilation. Economy of Ukraine, 3(628), 70–82 [in Ukrainian].
- Nicenko, V. S. (2015) The role of agricultural holdings in the development of rural areas. Formation of a market economy, 33, 293–302 [in Ukrainian].
- Kolosok, A. M. (2016) Formation of social responsibility in agrarian business. Current economic problems, 1(175), 231–235 [in Ukrainian].
- Corporate social responsibility: understanding and implementation Retrieved from: http://www.un.org.ua/files/Concept_Paper.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- CSR practices in Ukraine (2019). Retrieved from: http://old.csr-ukraine.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/%D0%9F%96-2019.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Continental Farmers Group: corporate social responsibility. Retrieved from: https://cfg.com.ua/csr/directions-and-goals/ [in Ukrainian].
- Kolot, A. & Ghrishnova, O. (2019) Socialjna vidpovidaljnistj: teorija i praktyka rozvytku. Kyjiv: KNEU [in Ukrainian].
- Berzhanir, A. L. (2017) Institutional support of social responsibility of business as a necessary condition for its development. Economics. Finances. Law, 1, 12–14 [in Ukrainian].
- Ghaghaljuk, T., Shaft, F. Corporate social responsibility of agrarian business. Report on agricultural policy. Retrieved from: https://www.apd-ukraine.de/images/APD_APR_08-2016_CSR_in_Ukrainian_agriculture_ukr.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Lunkina, T. I. (2019) Formation of social responsibility of subjects of agrarian sector of economy of Ukraine (Abstract of D. Sc. Thesis). Economics and Enterprise Management by types of economic activity. Mykolayiv: National Agrarian University [in Ukrainian].
- Zinchuk, T. O., Levkivsjkyj, Je. V. (2019) Corporate social responsibility of vertically integrated structures of agrarian business as a condition of sustainable development. Economics of agro-industrial complex, 1, 39–49 [in Ukrainian].
Received: 04 March 2021
How to quote this article?
|Berzhanir A. (2021). Implementation of Social Responsibility Principles in Agricultural Business. Modern Economics, 26(2021), 6-11. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V26(2021)-01.|