JEL Classification: М 40.
Koblyanska Olena, Associate Professor of Accounting and Taxation of Institute of Technology and Business Banking Higher Education Institution Banking University, Candidate of Economic Sciences, Kyiv, Ukraine
Koblyanska Galina, Assistant of Department of Accounting and Auditing Taras Shevcenko National University of Kyiv, PhD in Economics, Kyiv, Ukraine
Babenko Olga, Master of Accounting and Taxation Department of Institute of Technology and Business Banking Higher Education Institution Banking University, Kyiv, Ukraine
ACCOUNTING AND AUDIT OPERATIONS ON CURRENT ACCOUNT
Introduction. The article is devoted to theoretical, methodical and practical issues of accounting and auditing of operations on the current account.
The purpose of the study is to deepen and consolidate the theoretical and practical knowledge of the issues of accounting and auditing of operations on the current account, identify practical problems with the implementation of the methodology and organization of accounting and auditing of operations on the current account and develop recommendations for the elimination of deficiencies and improve the accounting and auditing.
Results. The issue of the relevance of proper accounting and audit of transactions on the current account in the bank is considered. The research of typical operations on the current account was carried out with using of the method of their reflection in the account on practical examples. Features of the audit of transactions on the current account are examined, the procedure for its implementation is presented, and types of abuses and violations that occur while performing operations on the current account are identified. The legal regulation of accounting, analysis and control of operations with cash on current accounts is considered. The problem issues related to the organization and conducting of the audit of funds in the accounts of the bank are analyzed, as well as the directions of their solution are determined. The proposals for determining the sequence of actions of the auditor during the check of cash flow on accounts in the bank are provided.
Conclusions. The questions about theoretical, methodological and practical issues of accounting and auditing of operations on the current account in the bank. A study of typical operations with cash on the current account was carried out with the use of the method of their reflection in the accounts and the features of the auditing of cash on the account.
Keywords: cash, current account, cashless settlements, bank statement, primary documents.
- Instruction on cashless settlements in Ukraine in national currency (2004) [Online], available at: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0377-04 (Accessed 25-02-2018).
- Verhovna Rada of Ukraine, “On the National Bank of Ukraine”, available at: http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/679-14 (Accessed 25-02-2018).
- Verhovna Rada of Ukraine, “Banks and Banking Activity”, available at: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2121-14 (Accessed 25-02-2018).
- Koblyans’ka, O. I. (2007), Financial Accounting [Fundamentals of Financial Accounting], ed. Fundamentals, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Butinet, F. F. and Bonard, V. P. (2010),Reporting of the enterprise, Zhytomyr,
- Butynet, F. F. Ivakhnenko, S. V. Davidov, T. V. and Shahraichuk, T. V. (2010),Information systems of accounting, Zhytomyr,
- Kim, Yu. G., Accounting and tax accounting: primary documents and the order of their filling [The manual for universities], ed. Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Sakhartseva, I. I. Semenov, G. A. and Bezkostya, G. M. (2005), Accounting [Teaching. manual on practical tasks], Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Gudz, N. V. (2016), Accounting: Teaching [The manual for universities], ed. Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Dorosh, N. I. (2011), Audit: methodology and organization, Society “Knowledge” KOU, Kiev, Ukraine.
- Yeresko, Yu. O. (2011), Essence of cash flows of the enterprise as an economic category: Formation of market relations in Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Ostafiychuk, S. М. (2011), Cash and cash equivalents are the most liquid assets of the enterprise [Scientific Bulletin of Uzhgorod University], Uzhgorod, Ukraine.
- Suk, L. K. (2012), Financial Accounting [Teaching. manual], Kyiv, Ukraine.