|JEL Classification: G21, I19
Bil Mariana, Doctor of Economics, Senior Researcher Fellow, Department of Social and Humanitarian Development of Regions, Dolishniy Institute of Regional Research of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine, Lviv, Ukraine
Havrylov Anton, Applicant of Higher Education, Accounting and Finanse Faculty, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Ukraine
Analysis of the State of the Ukrainian Banking Services Market during the Pandemic
Annotation. Introduction. In the current global crisis, the spread of globalization, unstable economy in the country, the emergence of threats related to the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and the introduction of quarantine in the country, it is necessary to analyze their impact on banking institutions in Ukraine and accordingly to the national security of Ukraine.
Purpose. The main purpose of the study is to analyze the current state of the banking services market of Ukraine during a pandemic and to develop practical recommendations for its further development.
Results. The state of the Ukrainian market of banking services in the conditions of a pandemic is analyzed. The dynamics of operating banks in Ukraine is studied. The TOP-10 banking institutions according to the stability rating and the leaders of the people’s rating of banking institutions are presented. It is noted that in modern conditions, the activities of banking institutions are extremely strongly influenced by external factors. The dynamics of gross domestic product volumes is considered. The dynamics of the discount rate of the National Bank of Ukraine is studied. The analysis of indicators of return on assets and capital of the banking system in Ukraine as a whole is carried out. Examples of adaptive solutions of banking institutions in Ukraine during a pandemic are given. It is noted that due to the introduction of quarantine in Ukraine, citizens began to actively and effectively use Internet technology to address their own issues and meet needs, thus accelerating the transition to the digital age.
Conclusions. We are convinced that the introduction of adaptive measures of banking institutions in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic for other banks will help to minimize the negative consequences and possible risks associated with such exposure. Thanks to timely decisions on the functioning of banking institutions, re-planning, changing approaches to customer service, banking institutions were able to adapt to the conditions caused by the pandemic, and reduce possible risks, losses and threats to their activities and generally positively affect the economy.
Keywords: bank; pandemic; banking market; banking institutions; digitalization.
- Gudima, T. (2020). Economic and legal features of the implementation of monetary policy in the crisis period (on the example of the COVID-19 pandemic). Entrepreneurship, economy and law, 4, 70–75. DOI https://doi.org/10.32849/2663-5313/2020.4.11.
- Dolbneva, D. (2020). The impact of COVID-19 on the economy of the world. Problems of the economy, 1(43), 20-26. DOI: https://doi.org/10.32983/2222-0712-2020-1-20-26.
- Zakha, D., Movchan, V., Kravchuk, V., Kirchner, R., Polushkin, G. (2020). Economic impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on Ukraine. German Economic Team, 1. Retrieved from: https://rpr.org.ua/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/GET_UKR_PS_01_2020_ua.pdf.
- Ministry of Economic Development, Trade and Agriculture of Ukraine and UNICEF (2020). Consensus forecast “Ukraine in 2020-2021: consequences of the pandemic”, 51. Retrieved from: https://bit.ly/2RMntq7.
- Coronavirus: how the pandemic affects the work of Ukrainian banks. Retrieved from: https://smebanking.news/en/26852-koronavirus-kak-pandemiya-vliyaet-na-rabotu-bankov-ukrainy-obnovlyaetsya/#1.
- Kulitsky, S. (2020). Problems of economic development of Ukraine caused by the pandemic of coronavirus COVID-19 in the world, and the search for ways to solve them (End). Ukraine: events, facts, comments, 9, 47–53.
- Martsenyuk-Rozaryonova, O., Shmigelska, V. (2018) Analysis of the current state of the banking services market in Ukraine and directions of its development. Efficient economy, 10. DOI: 10.32702 / 2307-2105-2018.10.43.
- Ministry of Finance of Ukraine. Retrieved from:http://www.minfin.gov.ua.
- National Bank of Ukraine. Retrieved from:https://bank.gov.ua/.
- Poltorak, A. & Palamarchuk, V. (2020). Features of Guaranteeing the Security of the Integrated Global Financial Space. Modern Economics, 20(2020), 215-225. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V20(2020)-34.
Received: 23 September 2020
How to quote this article?
|Bodnar O., Palamarchuk V., Havrylov A. (2020). Analysis of the State of the Ukrainian Banking Services Market in a Pandemic. Modern Economics, 23(2020), 13-19. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V23(2020)-02.|