|JEL Classification: C 50; O 00; R 40
Lesik Irina, Ph.D. (Economics), Associate Professor, Associate Professor of Economic Theory and Social Sciences Department, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
Assessment of Transport Infrastructure Development Level of Ukraine
Abstract. The purpose of the article is to create a basic model of conducting an analytical assessment of infrastructure development efficiency. The basic model allows assessing the level of current infrastructure condition which provides production and social dimension of its stable development. The article substantiates the necessity of conducting an analytical assessment of infrastructure development level which identifies its weaknesses and determines the potential of improving its performance indicators. Integral estimation of road infrastructure efficiency is proposed. To assess the problems of infrastructure development provision the comparative analyses within the proposed model are made as well as with the Data envelopment analysis (DEA) method. The results of the research allow discovering the causes of harmful phenomena in the system of management and development, identifying major trends and prospects of development.
Keywords: transport infrastructure; development; efficiency; integral assessment; comparative analyses; DEA..
- Liu, H. J., Love, P. E., Sing, M. C., Niu, B., & Zhao, J. (2019). Conceptual framework of life-cycle performance measurement: Ensuring the resilience of transport infrastructure assets. Transportation Research Part D: Transport and Environment, 77, 615-626.
- Kopiec, A. C., Siguencia, L. O., Szostak, Z. G., & Marzano, G. (2019). Transport infrastructures expenditures and costs analysis: the case of Poland. Procedia Computer Science, 149, 508-514.
- Reisi, M., Sabri, S., Agunbiade, M., Rajabifard, A., Chen, Y., Kalantari, M., … & Li, Y. (2020). Transport Sustainability Indicators for an Enhanced Urban Analytics Data Infrastructure. Sustainable Cities and Society, 102095.
- Yang, L., van Dam, K. H., Majumdar, A., Anvari, B., Ochieng, W. Y., & Zhang, L. (2019). Integrated design of transport infrastructure and public spaces considering human behavior: A review of state-of-the-art methods and tools. Frontiers of Architectural Research, 8(4), 429-453.
- Pavón, N., & Rizzi, L. I. (2019). Road infrastructure and public bus transport service provision under different funding schemes: A simulation analysis. Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, 125, 89-105.
- Argyroudis, S. A., Mitoulis, S. Α., Winter, M. G., & Kaynia, A. M. (2019). Fragility of transport assets exposed to multiple hazards: State-of-the-art review toward infrastructural resilience. Reliability Engineering & System Safety, 191, 106567.
- Lesik, I. M. (2018). Socio-economic aspects of society development. Ukrainian Black Sea region agrarian science. (4), 11-17. DOI: 10.31521/2313-092X/2018-4(100)-2.
- Lesik, I., et al. (2020). Assessment of management efficiency and infrastructure development of Ukraine. Management Science Letters. 10(13). 3071-3080.
- Sazykin, V.L. (2004). A new method of integral assessment.Bulletin of the Orenburg State University (12).
- State Statistics Committee of Ukraine. 2019. Transport and Communication of Ukraine – 2018. Kyiv: State Statistics Service of Ukraine.
- EP, C. (2013). Regulation (EU) No 1315/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 11 December 2013 on Union guidelines for the development of the trans-European transport network and repealing Decision No 661/2010/EU. Official Journal of the European Union, 1-128.
- Lemer, A. C., Chong, K. P., & Tumay, M. T. (1995). Research as A Means for Improving Infrastructure. Journal of Infrastructure Systems, 7(1), 6-15.
- Lesik, I. M. (2016). Formation and functioning of the vegetable products’ market is on innovative principles. Economics, management, law: innovation strategy: Collection of scientific articles. Henan Science and Technology Press, Zhengzhou, China. P. 29-31.
Received: 18 October 2020
How to quote this article?
|Lesik I. (2020). Assessment of Transport Infrastructure Development Level of Ukraine. Modern Economics, 23(2020), 95-101. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V23(2020)-15.|