JEL Classification: A10, O38
Priadko I. V., Senior Lecturer in the Department of Economic Theory and International Economics, Petro Mohyla Black Sea National University, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
BASIC INSTRUMENTS OF UKRAINE’S INNOVATION POLICY
Introduction. The development of regional innovation leads to economic growth of the region, and therefore, the state. Each separate territory has own identity, which reveals itself in the resources, personnel, favorable institutional environment, innovative infrastructure, and regional conditions. The presence of such specific features leads to the structure of the organizational and economic mechanism of regulating innovation activity, and their condition allows assessing the effectiveness of innovation regional policy implementation and the functioning of the organizational and economic mechanism of innovative activity regulation.
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to determine the effectiveness of the main institutional tools of Ukrainian innovation policy. The following tasks are: 1) to disclosure of the essence of existing instruments of innovation policy; 2) to conduct comparative analysis and identify among them the most effective instruments of innovation policy.
Results. The peculiarities of the functioning of scientific and technological parks as the most used instruments of innovation policy are revealed in the article. The comparative analysis of its activity is conducted. It is concluded that activity of technological parks is more protected by the state. It is highlighted that the activity of scientific parks is more responsive to changing market conditions and is able to adapt better to conditions of imperfect market competition. In addition, the essence of clusters is disclosed in the article, and a cluster map of Ukraine is presented. Technological platforms as an innovative policy tool, which is gradually gaining popularity, are considered. The main problems of the clusters and technological platforms functioning are identified. The innovative policy tools, which are more appropriate for state and regional policies implementation, are concluded.
Conclusions. On the basis of the material, we can conclude that clusters and technology platforms are most appropriate organizations that promote the development of innovation both at national level and at the regional level.
Keywords: innovation, innovation policy, state innovation policy, regional innovation policy, industrial parks, technology parks, clusters, technology platforms.
- Fedulova, L. I. (2009), Orhanizatsijni mekhanizmy formuvannia rezul’tatyvnoi rehional’noi innovatsijnoi systemy [The organizational mechanisms of effective regional innovation system formation], available at: http://old.niss.gov.ua/book/StrPryor/SpPrior_13/22.pdf.
- Tretiak, V. and Dronova, N. (2009), “Problemy formuvannia ta napriamky realizatsii rehional’noi innovatsijnoi polityky”, Visnyk ekonomichnoi nauky Ukrainy, vol. 2, pp. 154-156.
- Makhmutov, A. (2009), “The Innovation policy in Ukraine”, Ekonomist, vol. 9, pp. 59-63.
- Kostak, Z. (2009), “The impact of regional innovation policy on the development of regional economy”, Naukovyj visnyk NLTU Ukrainy, vol. 19.4, pp. 9-20.
- Nakonechna, T. (2009), Rehional’na innovatsijna polityka iak faktor zrostannia natsional’noi ekonomiky [The regional innovation policy as a factor of the growth of the national economy], available at: http://eir.pstu.edu/handle/123456789/756.
- Fatkhutdynov, R. A. (2006), Ynnovatsyonnyi menedzhment [Innovative management], Pyter, Sankt-Pyterburh, Russia.
- Hlushchenko, Y. Y. (2006), Systema stratehycheskoho upravlenyia innovatsyonnoi dejatelnostiu [System of strategic management of innovation activity], OOO NPTs «Krylia», Russia.
- Korchahyn, Yu. A. (2006), Rehyonalnaia fynansovaia polytyka i ekonomyka [Regional financial policy and economics], Fenyks, Rostov-na-Donu, Russia.
- Smertenko, P. S. Chernyshe, L. I. and Bilan, I. I. (2014), “Clusters and economic platforms as mechanisms of economic development of Ukraine”, Visnyk NAN Ukkrai’ny, vol. 3, pp. 67-76.
- The Verhovna Rada of Ukraine (2009), “Pro naukovi parky” [About science parks], available at: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1563-17.
- The Verhovna Rada of Ukraine (1999), “Pro specialnyj rezhym innovacijnoi dijalnosti tehnologichnyh parkiv” [About the special regime of innovation activity of technological parks], available at: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/991-14.
- Fedulova, L. I. Nord, G. L. and Rudenko, N. O. (2012), Formuvannja tehnologichnyh klasteriv jak tochok zrostannja ekonomiky Ukrainy [Formation of technological clusters as points of growth of the Ukrainian economy], Ilion, Mykolaiv, Ukraine.
- Ukrajinski klastery [Ukrainian clusters], available at: http://ucluster.org/universitet/klastery-ukraina/karta/.
- Irtyshheva, I. O. (2010), Innovacijne onovlennja agroprodovol’choi’ sfery Prychornomors’kogo regionu: problemy teorii’ ta praktyky [Innovative renewal of the agro-food sector of the Black Sea region: problems of theory and practice], Dyzajn ta poligrafija, Mykolaiv, Ukraine.