JEL Classification: P34, P35, P43
Lysiak Liubov, Doctor of Economics, Professor, The Head of the Department of Finance, University of Customs and Finance, Dnipro, Ukraine
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-2948-7089
Zhuravel Marharyta, student, University of Customs and Finance, Dnipro, Ukraine
BUDGET POLICY AS AN INSTRUMENT FOR FINANCIAL SECURITY OF UKRAINE
Introduction. Ensuring sustainable and stable development of the state financial sector is a priority task in the current conditions of functioning of the economy. Not least in the economic space is the budget system, which, when planning and distributing existing and future revenues and expenditures, can completely change the present state of the economy, both for the better and for the worse. The question arises about the qualitative assessment of the impact of fiscal policy on Ukraine’s financial security, the advantages and disadvantages of its implementation and strategic opportunities.
Purpose. Budget policy should work to create favorable conditions for improving the socio-economic state of the country and solving problems that impede the development of the state financial sector. There is a need to create a balanced distribution and redistribution of financial and non-financial assets in order to meet the needs of Ukrainian citizens and achieve the necessary level of financial security. The goal is to reveal the theoretical and practical principles of fiscal policy as an instrument for achieving the country’s financial security.
Results. The dynamics of the projected indicators of the State Budget for 2020-2021 were analyzed, it was revealed that the proposed project plans to increase the gross domestic product of Ukraine at the level of 11.9%, which is a possible positive trend. The share of gross domestic product real in growth will increase projected in 2021 relative to 2020 by 2,2%. The consumer price index will decrease by 0.2%, which will lead to an increase in own savings of the population. The unemployment rate will also decrease by 2.4%, which is quite positive in the dynamics of the development of the fiscal policy of Ukraine. The exchange rate of the hryvnia to the US dollar will increase by 1.3%, which is associated with an increase in inflation.
Conclusions. The conducted research proves that fiscal policy should ensure the financial security of the state, and therefore it is simply necessary to control and stimulate the development of this sphere. The state policy in the area of fiscal policy and financial security strengthening should include targeted activities of state authorities, public administration and local self-government on the creation of a unified crisis-management strategy for the development and stabilization of the budget sphere to ensure the social and economic development of Ukraine.
Keywords: budget policy, financial security, budget, finance, development.
- Butenko, V. V. (2017), “The role of budget policy in the system of financial security of Ukraine”, Vіsnik socіalno-ekonomіchnih doslіdjen, vol. 1, pp. 170-179.
- Grabchuk, O. M. and Valuiskii, I. A. (2017), “Transformation of the conceptual foundations of fiscal policy of Ukraine”, Ekonomіka rozvitku, vol. 3, pp. 14-19.
- Tarasova, O. V. (2018), “Financial Policy and Budget Security of Ukraine”, Ekonomіka harchovoї promislovostі, vol. 10, no.1, pp. 76-80.
- Onischenko, S. (2015), “Principles of the formation of an effective state policy aimed at ensuring budget security”, Vіsnik Kiyvskogo nacіonalnogo unіversitetu іmenі T. Shevchenka. Ekonomіka [Online], vol. 2, available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/VKNU_Ekon_2015_2_15 (Accessed 6 June 2018).
- The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2018), Draft Resolution “The main directions of budget policy for 2019-2021 years”, available at: http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=63995 (Accessed 6 June 2018).
- The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2017), “The State Budget of Ukraine for 2018”, available at: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2246-19 (Accessed 6 June 2018).
- Lysiak, L. V. and Podluzhnaya, Y.Y. (2015), “Current state and main problems of financial security of Ukraine”, Effective economy [Online], vol. 12, available at: http:www/economy.nayka.com.ua (Accessed 6 June 2018).
- Chugunov, І. and Makogon, V. (2014), “Budgetary and fiscal policy in the context of institutional transformations”, Vіsnik Kiїvskogo nacіonalnogo torgovelno-ekonomіchnogo unіversitetu, vol. 4, pp. 79-91.
- Krysovatyi, A. and Syniutka, N. (2016), “Transformation of Public Finances in Ukraine in the System of Decentralized Processes”, Journal of European economy [Online], vol. 15, no. 1, pp. 34-55.