Lemishko Olena, PhD (Economics), Associate Professor of the Department of Finance, National University of Life and Environmental Sciences of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
Budget Support for Reproductive Processes in the Agrarian Sector of Ukraine’s Economy
Abstract. Introduction. The urgency of budget support for reproductive processes in the agrarian sector of the Ukrainian economy is determined by its important role in ensuring the country’s food security, the formation of the agrarian market, the application of measures of customs and tariff regulation.
Purpose. The purpose of the study is to determine the patterns of dynamics and structural development of indicators of budget support of reproductive processes in the agrarian sector of the Ukrainian economy.
Results. According to the results of the analysis of the dynamics of expenditures of the State Budget of Ukraine for the agrarian sector of the economy for the years 2012-2019 it has been established that it is reliably described by a parabola with branches upwards and minimum values in 2015. And the actual data for 2012-2016 are formalized by a linear killing function with a minimum value at the end of the period. Comparison of the above results allows us to put forward the hypothesis that the point of bifurcation is connected with the signing by Ukraine of the Association Agreement with the EU, which strengthened the competitive position of the agrarian sector in comparison with other sectors of the national economy. As a result, the mentioned agriculture became more attractive for budget financing and investment in categories of absolute sizes, but its share in expenditures of the State Budget of Ukraine remains negligible. The patterns of the structural development of sources of budget financing of the agrarian sector of the economy, which are connected with the processes of budget decentralization, which are reflected in the growth of the share of local budgets in the Consolidated Budget of Ukraine, are revealed. Characteristic features of the expenditures of the State Budget of Ukraine to finance the agrarian sector of Ukraine are priority financial support for livestock, plant growing, hop growing, land reform, scientific activities, and Agrarian Fund activity.
Conclusions. Recommendations for improving the state financial policy of reproduction of capital in the agrarian sector of the economy are an increase in the absolute volume and specific weight in the total expenditures of the State Budget of Ukraine; structural changes in favor of the development budget; the transition to the formation of the budget for development on a medium-term basis; specification of expenditures according to the departmental and program classification at the level of state target programs, which will create preconditions for conducting a state audit of the effectiveness of their use.
Keywords: budget support; reproductive processes; agrarian sector; economics.
- Kvasha, S. M. (2013). Methodological basis for making public decisions in agrarian policy. Ekonomika APK, 8, 12-21 [in Ukr.].
- Pasichnyk, Ju. V. (2016). Budgetary levers of national economy management. Naukovyj visnyk Uzhgorods’kogo universytetu. Serija : Ekonomika, 1(2), 176-179 [in Ukr.].
- Pasichnyk, Ju. V. (2016). Problems of effective management of the state budget in the conditions of globalization. Ekonomichnyj nobelivs’kyj visnyk, 1, 156–163 [in Ukr.].
- Chugunov, I., & Makogon, V. (2016). Budget policy under economic transformation. Economic Annals-XXI, 158(3-4(2)), 66-69. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21003/ea.V158-15.
- Meiss, K.-M., Naumik-Gladka, K., Krivtsova, T., & Liadova, Yu. (2017). Improvement of public financial control in the context of ensuring financial security of the state. Economic Annals-XXI, 168(11-12), 63-68. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21003/ea.V168-13.
- Kosova, T.; Steblianko, I.; Slobodyanyuk, N.; Doroshkevych, V. (2019). Tax security of national economic systems in globalization conditions, Journal of Security and Sustainability Issues8(3): 493-505. DOI: https://doi.org/10.9770/jssi.2019.8.3(16).
- Pylypenko, K. A., Baklyc’ka, M. R. (2018). Features of execution of incomes and expenditures of the State Budget through bodies of the State Treasury Service of Ukraine. Modern Economics, 9, 73-78. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V9(2018)-09 [in Ukr.].
- Dolbnjeva, D. V. (2018). The current state of the state audit of budget programs by the State Audit Office of Ukraine. Modern Economics, 10, 43-48. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V10(2018)-07 [in Ukr.].
- Voznyak, H., & Pelekhatyy, A. (2017). Participatory budgeting as a tool for the implementation of the fiscal policy of regional development of Ukraine. Economic Annals-XXI, 167(9-10), 53-56. DOI: https://doi.org/10.21003/ea.V167-11.
- Dubauskas, G. (2016). The management of public finance literacy for sustainable economic environment, Journal of Security and Sustainability Issues5(3): 403-409. DOI: https://doi.org/10.9770/jssi.2016.5.3(8).
- Sirenko, N. M., Mikuljak, K. A., & Ignatenko, Zh. V. (2018). Financial mechanisms of agrarian sector development in the market environment. Modern Economics, 12, 185-190. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V12(2018)-28 [in Ukr.].
- Ministry of Finance of Ukraine (2015). Budget of Ukraine – 2014. Statistical Publication. Retrieved from: https://www.minfin.gov.ua/news/view/statystychnyi-zbirnyk-ministerstva-finansivukrainy-biudzhet–?category=bjudzhet&subcategory=budget-2014 [in Ukr.].
- Ministry of Finance of Ukraine (2018). Budget of Ukraine – 2017. Statistical Publication. Retrieved from: https://www.minfin.gov.ua/uploads/redactor/files/Budget%20of%20Ukraine%202017%20(publish).pdf [in Ukr.].
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2017). About the state budget of Ukraine for 2018 (Act 2246-VIII, December 7). Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2246-19 [in Ukr.].
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2018). About the state budget of Ukraine for 2019 (Act No. 2629-VIII, November 23). Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2629-19 [in Ukr.].
Received: 16 April 2019
How to quote this article?
|Lemishko Olena (2019). Budget Support for Reproductive Processes in the Agrarian Sector of Ukraine’s Economy. Modern Economics, 14(2019), 136-141. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V14(2019)-22.|