Bugai Volodymyr, Candidate of Science (Economics), Senior Researcher, Professor of the Department of Finance, Banking and Insurance, Zaporizhzhya National University, Zaporozhye, Ukraine
Sidorenko Valentina, student, Department of Finance, Banking and Insurance, Zaporizhzhya National University, Zaporozhye, Ukraine
Concept of Competitiveness of the Enterprise and Possibilities of its Increases
Abstract. Introduction. This article is devoted to the actual problem of forming the competitiveness of enterprises. The importance of the problem is due to the need to preserve and enhance the business’s economic security in the strategic perspective in the conditions of financial and economic instability. The essence of the concept “Competitiveness of enterprises” is described in the work, the approaches to the study of this concept are shown. The main directions and ways of increasing the competitiveness of enterprises in modern economic conditions are also determined.
Purpose. This article has aimed to analyze modern approaches to assessing the effectiveness of improving the competitiveness of products and identify the main trends in the development of scientific thought.
The problem of competitiveness of enterprises and the search for ways to increase it today is relevant due to the intensification of competition on the domestic and foreign markets, as well as the integration of Ukraine into the world economy. The competition requires enterprises of all forms of ownership to continuously analyze changes in the value of material resources, supply, and demand, reduce costs of production of goods and services, and improve product quality.
Results. Ensuring competitiveness is a strategic goal for any enterprise. In order for the company to be competitive, it is necessary to continuously analyze the influence of external and internal factors which are on its activities. This makes it possible to reduce the level of uncertainty and reduce risks in the process of production activity.
Conclusions. Support and enhancement of the competitiveness of domestic enterprises in the modern market are extremely important and the most important priority of economic policy for Ukraine. The state also changes the system of incentives and motivations, eliminates obstacles to the development of a competitive environment, and changes the rules that restrict and direct economic behavior. Leading domestic enterprises, in turn, need to radically change the style of management of them. It is necessary to intensify innovation activities, to optimize the management system and organization of production.
Keywords: enterprise; enterprise competitiveness; competitiveness of products; competition; competitor; assessment of competitiveness; increase of competitiveness.
- World economik forum The Global Competitiveness Index (2017-2018). Retrieved from: http://edclub.com.ua/analityka/pozyciya-ukrayiny-v-reytyngu-krayin-svitu-za-indeksom-globalnoyi-konkurentospromozhnosti-1
- Sharko, V. V. (2015). Competitiveness of the enterprise: methods of evaluation, strategy of raising. Scientific herald of Mukachevo State University, 2 (4), 2, 120-125. Retrieved from: http://www.msu.edu.ua/visn/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2-4-2-2015- 22.pdf.
- Myronyuk, T. I. (2014). Modern problems and methods of evaluation of competitiveness. Economics of the food industry: Scientific journal, 1 (21), 35-37 [in Ukrainian].
- Karpenko, L. M. (2013). Methodical approaches to assessing the level of competitiveness of the enterprise. Bulletin of socio-economic research, 3 (2), 24-31. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Vsed_2013_3(2)__6.
- Koshlupov, I. F. (2013). The system of competitive strategies of the enterprise. Bulletin of Social and Economic Research, 36, 90-96 [in Ukrainian].
- Kiperman, G. Y. (1995). Market economy: Dictionary, 2nd ed., Ext. M: Republic, 495.
- Koretskaya, O. V. (2014). Concerning the definition of the economic essence of the competitiveness of industrial enterprises. Scientific works of MAUP, 42 (3), 215-222 [in Ukrainian].
- Khrushchev, N. A. (2010). Competitive strategies: processes of creation and implementation. Kyiv, 316 [in Ukrainian].
- Plotitsina, T. M. (2010). Definition of enterprise competitiveness. Bulletin of TSTU, 16 (1), 205-211 [in Ukrainian].
- Dolzhanskyi, I. & Zagorna T.O. (2006). Competitiveness of the enterprise: Textbook. Center for Educational Literature, Kyiv, 384 [in Ukrainian].
- Sysoeva, E. A. (2015). Factors of enterprise competitiveness: approaches and components. Economics and Management, 12, 283–287 [in Ukrainian].
- Voronov, D. S. (2015). The ratio of the competitiveness of an enterprise and the competitiveness of its products. Modern competition, 1, 39–53 [in Ukrainian].
- Porter, M. Building a competitive development strategy for a business entity. Retrieved from: https://cyberleninka.ru/article/v/postroenie-konkurentnoy-strategii-razvitiya-subekta-predprinimatelskoy-deyatelnosti.
- Polyanichkin, Yu. A. Methods for assessing the competitiveness of enterprises. Retrieved from: http://elibrary.ru/download/85945413.pdf.
- Savitska, O. M. (2017). Prerequisites for forming a strategy of marketing communications on the basis of a systematic approach to assessing the level of competitiveness and the state of resource support of the enterprise. Effective economy, Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=5378.
- Fatkhutdinov, R. А. (2013). Strategic competitiveness. Economy, 504 [in Ukrainian].
Received: 21 April 2019
How to quote this article?
|Bugai Volodymyr, Sidorenko Valentina (2019). Concept of Competitiveness of the Enterprise and Possibilities of its Increases. Modern Economics, 14(2019), 33-38. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V14(2019)-05.|