|JEL Classification: M14
Dvulit Zoriana, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Professor of the Department of Foreign Economic and Customs Activities, Lviv Polytechnic National University, Lviv, Ukraine
Sokulskyi Nazarii, student, Lviv Polytechnic National University, Lviv, Ukraine
Corporate Social Responsibility of Business as a Marketing Tool in a Pandemic
Annotation. Introduction. It is known that today corporate social responsibility is one of the most important and necessary prerequisites for the development of modern business. Every year, more and more domestic companies use corporate social responsibility in shaping their own business strategy, as it has long established itself in world business as an effective means of forming a sustainable image. It should be noted that the COVID-19 coronavirus pandemic has significantly affected CSR activities, accelerated their development and increased commitment to it by many companies.
Purpose. The purpose of article is to study the experience of corporate social responsibility during the period of deep uncertainty (pandemic COVID-19), preparation of dosage for its use as a marketing tool for doing business and development of recommendations for further use of CSR by domestic companies in the post-crisis period.
Results. Based on the research, the experience of corporate social responsibility in a pandemic has been analyzed. In addition, various forecasts and statistical studies of global and domestic organizations, agencies and publications on CSR have been systematized. The expediency and effectiveness of the use of corporate social responsibility as an effective marketing tool in business in a period of deep uncertainty has been substantiated. Projects of such responsibility of well-known Ukrainian companies at the time of the pandemic have been described, and CSR activities aimed at caring for employees have been investigated. As a result, the main recommendations for the effective implementation of corporate social responsibility of business in the post-crisis period have been developed.
Conclusions. Studies have shown that the impact of the pandemic on global and domestic business has significantly accelerated the development of corporate social responsibility and forced many companies to turn to it not only to help society but also to maintain their market position and improve image, thus becoming the main marketing strategy this year.
Keywords: corporate social responsibility, pandemic, socially responsible business, marketing strategy, management, crisis.
- Newman, C., Rand, J., Tarp, F. & Trifkovic, N. (2020). Corporate Social Responsibility in a Competitive Business Environment. The Journal of Development Studies. 56:8, 1455-1472. DOI: 10.1080/00220388.2019.1694144
- Lunkina, T. & Vlasiuk, I. (2017). Corporate social responsibility of business in Ukraine: current state and areas for improvement. Modern Economics, 1, 24-30 [in Ukrainian].
- Komarova, K. V. & Koval’chuk, N.V. (2016). Social responsibility as a component of business development strategy at Ukrainian enterprises. Innovatsijna ekonomika, 5-6, 25-30 [in Ukrainian].
- Holovinov, O. (2014). Social responsibility of business: Ukrainian realities and problems. Ekonomichnyj visnyk Donbasu, 2, 187-192 [in Ukrainian].
- Ignatieva, I. A., Gavrilenko, T. V.& Serbenovskaya, A. Y. (2020). Corporate social responsibility: a practical aspect in terms of bifurcation. Ekonomichni nauky, 5-1, 62-68. DOI: 10.18523/2519-4739.20205.1.62-68
- Stetsenko, V. & Berezova, Y. (2020). Corporate social responsibility of enterprises in a pandemic. Halyts’kyj ekonomichnyj visnyk, 2, 243-250. DOI: 33108/galicianvisnyk_tntu2020.02.243
- Marom, S. & Lussier, R. (2020). Corporate Social Responsibility during the Coronavirus Pandemic: An Interim Overview. Macrothink Institute, 10(2), 250-269. DOI: 10.5296/ber.v10i2.17046.
- Doing Well By Doing Good – Global Corporate Social Responsibility Report (2014). Retrieved from https://www.nielsen.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2019/04/global-corporate-social-responsibility-report-june-2014.pdf
- Vidpovidal’nyj biznes: iak kompanii pidtrymuvaly odna odnu ta suspil’stvo (2020). Retrieved from https://grc.ua/article/27119.
- Building confidence amid an uncertain recovery (2020). OECD Economic Outlook, Interim Report. Retrieved from http://www.oecd.org/economic-outlook/
- Ukraine and the International Monetary Fund (2020). Retrieved from https://www.imf.org/en/Countries/UKR.
- 10 rokiv rozvyvaiemo KSV v Ukraini (2020). CSR Ukraine. Retrieved from https://csr-ukraine.org/ [in Ukrainian].
- Onset of COVID-19 saw increased branding and CSR campaigns for influencer marketing in Asia (2020). AnyMind Group. Retrieved from https://anymindgroup.com/news/press-release/8125/
- Koronavirus vs Biznes: otsinka naslidkiv dlia biznesu uriadovykh zakhodiv schodo zakhystu naselennia vid koronavirusnoi infektsii COVID-19 (2020). Union of Ukrainian Entrepreneurs. Retrieved from https://sup.org.ua/uk/news/419 [in Ukrainian].
- Pershyj kataloh KSV-initsiatyv (2020). Pro Bono Club Ukraine. Retrieved from https://sup.org.ua/uk/news/419 [in Ukrainian].
- Korotenko O. (2020). Yak velykyj biznes dopomahaie u borot’bi z koronavirusom. Bazilik Media. Retrieved from https://bazilik.media/iak-velykyj-biznes-dopomahaie-v-borotbi-z-koronavirusom/ [in Ukrainian].
- Korporatyvna sotsial’na vidpovidal’nist’: vesniani kejsy (2020). LLC ‘LIGA ZAKON’. Visnyk MSFZ, 5. Retrieved from https://msfz.ligazakon.ua/ua/magazine_article/FZ002168 [in Ukrainian].
- COVID-19 Barometer shows consumers are in for the long haul (2020). Kantar. Retrieved from https://www.kantar.com/inspiration/coronavirus/covid-19-barometer-shows-consumers-are-in-for-the-long-haul
Received: 03 October 2020
How to quote this article?
|Dvulit Z., Sokulskyi N. (2020). Corporate Social Responsibility of Business as a Marketing Tool in a Pandemic. Modern Economics, 23(2020), 50-55. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V23(2020)-08.|