|JEL Classification: F40, H26, K33.||DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V17(2019)-27|
Nаidеnkо O. Ye., Ph. D. in Economics, Associate Professor, Simon Kuznets Kharkiv National University of Economics, Kharkiv, Ukraine
ORCID ID: 0000-0003-0638-3965
Rieznikova Ye. S., student, Simon Kuznets Kharkiv National University of Economics, Kharkiv, Ukraine
Counteracting the Smuggling as One of the Ensuring Methods of the Customs Security of the State
Abstract. Introduction. It is established that due to the unstable economic and political situation in the country, smuggling is becoming a mass negative phenomenon and poses a real threat to the economic interests of the state. This leads to the fact that the state is not receiving significant amounts of funds that should have been allocated for financing various spheres of socio-economic development.
Purpose. Customs security has been proven to be a key element of a country’s economic security, because, thanks to customs security, the state regulates the processes of foreign economic activity related to the export and import of goods, works and services by setting tariffs and applying tariff and non-tariff methods of regulating foreign economic activity The dynamics of customs offenses has been investigated, and the activity of the controlling authorities has been analyzed.
Results. The results of the analysis show an increase in the number of customs offenses due to imperfect legislation. It has been formed some groups of products transported by smugglers, also the state losses caused by illegal activities in the customs sphere have been calculated. Within the group of goods the main share is industrial goods, raw materials and materials.
Conclusions. The conclusion’s been made that such activity adversely affects public safety in the case of illegal transportation of drugs, weapons and ammunition, psychotropic substances and weapons of mass destruction. There is also a threat to the interests of culture through the smuggling of cultural assets and property of the country. The results of the analysis show a decrease in the number of detected heavy drugs, which is a confirmation of the efficiency of the customs authorities. The results of the controlling authorities activity in Ukraine evaluated by analysis.
Keywords: smuggling; customs security; duty; regulatory authorities; customs rules.
- Bаzyаruk, I. (2009) Objective and subjective factors of crime in the area of moving objects across the customs border of Ukraine. Visnyk prоkurаtury, 10, 81-87 [in Ukr.].
- Ministry of Economic Development and Trade (2013). Methodical recommendations for calculating the level of economic security of Ukraine (Order No. 1277, October 29). Retrieved from http: //cct.cоuа/2013_1277.htm/ [in Ukr.].
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2012). Customs Code of Ukraine (Order No. 4495-VI, March 13). Retrieved from http: //zаkоn4/rаdа.gоuа/lаws/shоv/995_643 [in Ukr.].
- Оmеlʹchuk, О. M. (2002). Smuggling under the criminal law of Ukraine (Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis). Criminal Law and Criminology: Criminal Enforcement. Kyyiv: Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv [in Ukr.].
- State Fiscal Service of Ukraine (2019). Official web-site. Retrieved from http://sfs.gоuа/ [in Ukr.].
- Pаshkо, P. V. (2010). On certain issues of ensuring the effectiveness of customs control. Mytnа bеzpеkа, 1, 6-13 [in Ukr.].
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2010). Tax Code of Ukraine (Order No. 2755-VI, December 02). Retrieved from http://zаkоrаdа.gоv.uа/lаws/shоw/2755-17 [in Ukr.].
- Sоrоkа, S. О. (2010). Drug smuggling: problems of counteraction ( Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis). Criminal Law and Criminology: Criminal Enforcement. Lʹviv: Lviv State University of Internal Affairs [in Ukr.].
- Tsymbаl, P. V. (2009). Оsоblyvоsti vyyаvlеnnyа, rоzkryttyа tа rоzsliduvаnnyа zlоchyniv u sfеri оpоdаtkuvаnnyа. Irpinʹ: Nаtsiоnаlʹnyy univеrsytеt DPS Ukrаyiny [in Ukr.].
- Chоrnyy, V. B. (2000). Ukrаyinа i mytnа sprаvа. Kyiv: Komp’yuterno – vydavnychyy, informatsiynyy tsentr “KVITS” [in Ukr.].
- Bublеynyk, V. А. (2007) Combating illicit drug trafficking: criminal law and criminological aspects (Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis). Criminal law and criminology. Kyyiv: Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyyiv [in Ukr.].
Received: 19 September 2019
How to quote this article?
|Nаidеnkо O. Ye., Rieznikova Ye. S., (2019). Counteracting the Smuggling as One of the Ensuring Methods of the Customs Security of the State. Modern Economics, 17(2019), 172-176. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V17(2019)-27.|