|JEL Classification: Q10; O18; O13
Piliavoz T., PhD (Economics), Associate Professor of the Department of Entrepreneurship and Financial Activity, Vinnytsia National Technical University, Vinnytsia, Ukraine
Hlushchenko L., PhD (Economics), Associate Professor of the Department of Economics of Enterprise and Production Management, Vinnytsia National Technical University, Vinnytsia, Ukraine
Current State and Trends of Development of the Agricultural Sector in Ukraine
Annotation. The article analyzes the current state and development trends of the agricultural sector of Ukraine, which has become one of those sectors of the Ukrainian economy that are developing very dynamically in recent years.
Thanks to this sphere of the national economy that a significant part of gross added value is created, revenues to the budgets of all levels are formed, foreign exchange revenues from exports grow, and the investment process is actively carried out. The special role of the agricultural sector in the socio-economic life of the country is due to the unique combination of favorable climatic conditions and geostrategic position, the ability of Ukraine to occupy an important place in the international food market. Therefore, the study of the state and development trends of the agricultural sector of Ukraine is relevant.
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to research the state and trends of the agricultural sector in the economy of Ukraine.
Results. The article identifies the place of the agricultural sector in the country’s economy. The key macroeconomic indicators of the agricultural sector are analyzed. The dynamics of the share of agricultural products in total value added, the share of the rural population in the general structure of the population, the structure of employment of the population of Ukraine by all types of economic activity, as well as the share of the employed population in agriculture. It is determined that one of the urgent problems of the agricultural sector of Ukraine’s economy is to attract investments that are necessary to modernize the industry and ensure its competitiveness. The factors that contribute to attracting investment are identified. The volume of foreign direct investment in the agricultural sector and trends in foreign direct investment in the share capital of the agricultural sector are considered. The main obstacles to intensifying investment processes are highlighted. The financial results of the agricultural sector, the growth trend and the dynamics of profitability of agricultural enterprises are studied. The priority directions of the state regulation of the agrarian sector are offered.
Conclusions. Considering the state and development trends of the agricultural sector of Ukraine, we can conclude that the agricultural sector occupies an important place in the economy and plays an important role in the socio-economic life of Ukraine.
Taking into account the above areas and sound public policy will contribute to the further development of the agricultural sector of Ukraine.
Keywords: agricultural sector; dynamics; development; agriculture; agricultural enterprises; investments; areas for improvement.
- Lupenko, Yu.O. (2015). Current state and prospects of the international integration of the agrarian sector of Ukraine: the problem of agroeconomic science. Ekonomika APK, 6, 6-10 [in Ukrainian].
- Meljnyk O.I., Meljnyk A.Gh., Malysh L.B. (2019). Inozemne investuvannja jak faktor rozvytku aghrarnogho sektora Ukrajiny. Investyciji: praktyka ta dosvid, 2, 32-37 [in Ukrainian].
- Mesel-Veselyak, V.Ya. (2016). Strategic directions of development of agrarian sector of economy of Ukraine. Ekonomika APK, 6, 37-49 [in Ukrainian].
- Mykhailenko O., Khilchenko I. (2019). Agricultural sector of Ukraine: the modern state, problems and prospects of reform in the field. Modern Economics, 15 (2019), 148-152. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V15(2019)-21 [in Ukrainian].
- Neghoda Ju.V. (2019) Misce aghrarnogho sektoru v nacionaljnij ekonomici Ukrajiny. Ekonomika ta derzhava , 8, 41-43. [in Ukrainian].
- Okrepka, M. Y. (2010). Development of agricultural production and problems of its investment. Zaporizha: Visnyk of Zaporizha National University, 176-180 [in Ukrainian].
- Pugachev, M.I. (2017). Agrarian sector of Ukraine’s economy in the context of institutional change. Ekonomika APK, 5, 12-18 [in Ukrainian].
- Oficijnyj sajt Derzhavnoji sluzhby statystyky Ukrajiny. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Statystychnyj zbirnyk «Siljsjke ghospodarstvo Ukrajiny» za 2019 rik. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2020/zb/09 /zb_sg_Ukr_2019.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Strateghija stalogho rozvytku «Ukrajina2020». Skhvalena Ukazom Prezydenta Ukrajiny vid 12 sichnja 2015 roku Retrieved from: http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5/2015 [in Ukrainian].
Received: 17 November 2020
How to quote this article?
|Piliavoz T., Hlushchenko L. (2020). Current State and Trends of Development of the Agricultural Sector in Ukraine. Modern Economics, 24(2020), 143-150. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V24(2020)-23.|