JEL Classification: Н10; Н70; Н80.
Stepaniuk Nataliia, Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Rivne Regional Institute of Postgraduate Pedagogical Education, Rivne, Ukraine
DECENTRALIZATION IN THE SYSTEM OF NATIONAL ECONOMY MANAGEMENT
Introduction. Article deals with the investigation of the theoretical approaches to the notion of decentralization in the system of management of the national economy.
Purpose. It has been found that for the effective functioning of the state it is necessary to achieve a rational relationship between centralization and decentralization, change the role, responsibility and powers for local self-government and executive authority.
Results. t is substantiated that most of the scientific works are devoted to the study of the issue of decentralization of power, the implementation of reform of public finances, the transfer of power to the place as a guarantee of the development of the national economy.
It is emphasized that the main idea of decentralization is to transfer competence to local government to address local needs issues. Consequently, decentralization is closely linked to the organization of public administration, promotes the building of effective relations between state authorities and local government.
The main advantages of decentralization are: simplified management on the local area, establishing closer connection with civil society, increasing transparency of managerial decisions and raising the level of responsibility to the territorial community. Considered organizational and legal aspects of introduction of decentralization in Ukraine.
It is noted that the course on decentralization outlines both prospects and implementation problems. Among the main risks of decentralization are the inconsistencies of the development of separate territorial units and strategic goals, the loss of state mobility, reduction of workplaces of the state apparatus, risks of complication of coordination between levels of management.
Conclusions. It has been determined that for efficiency and effectiveness of the reform decentralization principles are necessary for wide introduction in the administrative, political, budgetary, financial and social spheres and promote development of human and resource potential, responsibility of the authorities, increase quality provision of state and public services, consolidation of society, solving of economic, environmental, legal, political and other issues. But in general, decentralization plays an important role at the development of democracy and positive changes in society, the transition to institutions based on the initiative and responsibility of the community and the individual.
Keywords: decentralization, management, executive authority, local self-government, types of decentralization, national economy.
- Aver’ianov, V. B. (2002), Administratyvna reforma i pravova nauka [The administrative reform and legal science ], Pravo Ukrainy, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Hrytsiak, I. A. (2005), Upravlinnia v Yevropejs’komu Soiuzi: teoretychni zasady: monohrafiia [The management in the European Union: theoretical foundations: monograph], NADU, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Myronova, T. L. Dobrovol’s’ka, O. P. Protsaj, A. F. and Kolodij, S. Yu. (2006), Upravlinnia rozvytkom rehionu [The Management by development of the region], Tsentr navch. literatury, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Nyzhnyk, N. R. (1997), Derzhavne upravlinnia v Ukraini: tsentralizatsiia i detsentralizatsiia [The governance in Ukraine: centralization and decentralization], UADU, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Tkachuk, A. F. (1997), Mistseve samovriaduvannia: svitovyj ta zarubizhnyj dosvid [The local government: world and foreign experience], Zapovit, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Shapoval, V. M. (2002), Sutnisni kharakterystyky mistsevoho samovriaduvannia [An essential characteristics of local government], Pravo Ukrainy, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Buchanan, J. (1957), Federal expenditures and state functions [Online], available at: https://fraser.stlouisfed.org/docs/historical/jec/19571105jec_fedexpenditure_buchanan.pdf, (Accessed 4 December 2017).
- Samuelson, P. (1954), The Pure Theory of Public Expenditure [Online], available at: http://www.ses.unam.mx/docencia/2007II/Lecturas/Mod3_Samuelson.pdf, (Accessed 4 December 2017).
- Stiglitz, J. (1999), Economics of the public sector. Third edition, New York, London.
- Vlasiuk, O. S. (2016), Natsional’na bezpeka Ukrainy: evoliutsiia problem vnutrishn’oi polityky: vybr. nauk. pratsi [Тhe National Security of Ukraine: the evolution of the problems of the internal politics: selected scientific works], NISD, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Danylyshyn, B. M. (2016), Detsentralizatsiia u krainakh Yevropejs’komu Soiuzi: uroky dlia Ukrainy [The decentralization in EU countries: lessons for Ukraine], Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Tiebout, C. (1961), An Economic Theory of Fiscal Decentralization [Online], available at: http://www.nber.org/chapters/c2273.pdf, (Accessed 4 December 2017).
- Mashrejv, R. A. (2009), Hosudarstvennye fynansy: teoryia y praktyka [The state finance: the theory and practice], Byznes Atlas, Moskva, Rosyia
- Oates, W. E. (2008), “On the Evolution of Fiscal Federalism: Theory and Institutions”, National Tax Journal, vol. 61, рр. 313-334.
- Ser’ohin, S. M. and Honcharuk, N. T. (2015), “The theoretical principles and main directions of the reform of local government and decentralization of power in Ukraine“, Teoriia ta praktyka derzhavnoho upravlinnia i mistsevoho samovriaduvannia, vol. 2, рр. 1–17.
- Kovbasiuk, Yu. V. (2014), “New approaches to the formation of regional policy and regional administration“, Aktual’ni problemy ekonomiky, vol. 7(157), pp. 246–253.
- Nelina, N. V. (2013), “The local government as a sphere of realization of the constitutional legal personality of the Ukrainian people“, Naukovo-teoretychnyj chasopys, vol. 1, рр. 104-107.
- Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2014), The concept of the reform of local government and territorial organization of power in Ukraine.
- The Decree of the President of Ukraine (2015), “The questions of the constitutional committee“, available at: http://www.president.gov.ua/documents/19212.html (Accessed 5 December 2017).
- The Verhovna Rada of Ukraine (2015), “Adout voluntary association of territorial communities“, available at: http://zakon0.rada.gov.ua/laws/ show/157-19 (Accessed 5 December 2017).
- The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2014), “The State Strategy for Regional Development on the period up to 2020“, available at: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/385-2014-%D0%BF#n11 (Accessed 5 December 2017).
- Busel, V. T. (2005), Velykyj tlumachnyj slovnyk suchasnoi ukrains’koi movy [The great explanatory dictionary of modern Ukrainian language], VTF «Perun», Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Detsentralizatsiia vlady v Ukraini [The decentralization of power in Ukraine], available at: http://www.archivelviv.qov.ua/archive/information/decentralizacija-vladi-vukrajini/ (Accessed 5 December 2017).
- Obolens’kyj, O. Yu. (2005), Derzhavne upravlinnia ta derzhavna sluzhba [The state administration and public service], KNEU, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Malynovs’kyj, V. Ya. (2005), Slovnyk terminiv i poniat’ z derzhavnoho upravlinnia [The dictionary of terms and concepts of government], The сenter for Support of Civil Service Institutional Development, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Odintsova, H. S. (2002), Derzhavne upravlinnia i menedzhment [The governance and management], KharRI UADU, Kharkiv, Ukrainе.
- Pobochnyj, I. A. (2013), “The political and legal principles of decentralization of power in the context of reforms in Ukraine“, Pravova derzhava: istoriia, suchasnist’ ta perspektyvy formuvannia v umovakh ievrointehratsii [The rule of law: history, modernity and prospects of formation in the conditions of eurointegration], University of Internal Affairs, Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine, pp. 24-25.
- Kaiser, K. (2006), Decentralization Reforms, available at: http://siteresources.worldbank.org/INTPSIA/Resources/ 490023-1120845825946/3622-06_Ch06.pdf. (Accessed 5 December 2017).
- Roman, V. (2014), “The features of decentralization and deconcentration of power: theoretical aspect“, Efektyvnist’ derzhavnoho upravlinnia, vol. 38, pp. 92-98.
- Ма, J. “Decentralization From the “Top Down”: The Japanese Case [Online], available at: http://www.worldbank.org/nidf/nidfl/topdown.htni (Accessed 4 December 2017).
- Zavhorodnij, V. A. and Romanov, M. Yu., “The decentralization and federalization: comparative analysis and possibilities of implementation in Ukraine“, Visnyk Zaporiz’koho natsional’noho universytetu, vol. 1(1), pp. 16-22.
- Stepaniuk, N. A. (2016), “An analysis of the causes of crisis dynamic of an economy in Ukraine “, Hlobal’ni ta natsional’ni problemy ekonomiky, vol. 10 [Online], available at: http://global-national.in.ua (Accessed 4 December 2017).