JEL Classification: D 80, G 32, E 32, M 31, O 31
Timonin Oleksandr, PhD in Economics, Professor, Dean of the Faculty of Management and Marketing, Sіmon Kusnets Kharkiv National University of Economics, Kharkiv, Ukraine
Vereshchagina Ganna, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor of the Department of Economics, Enterprises Management and Logistics, Sіmon Kusnets Kharkiv National University of Economics, Kharkiv, Ukraine
Pliekhanova Tetiana, graduate student of the Department of Economics, Enterprises Management and Logistics, Sіmon Kusnets Kharkiv National University of Economics, Kharkiv, Ukraine
DYNAMICS OF THE INFLUENCE OF RISK FACTORS TAKING INTO ACCOUNT MARKETING OF START-UP’S LIFE STAGE
Abstract. Efficient development of enterprises in modern conditions is becoming increasingly relevant in connection with the political and economic situation in the country and an increase in the level of uncertainty in economic conditions. All this requires companies from different fields of business to use new approaches to doing business and look for new opportunities. Therefore, more and more enterprises are paying attention to the creation of startups, because its characteristic features allow it to function in conditions of uncertainty of the modern market.
Purpose. The purpose of this article is to improve the scheme of determining the risks of launching start-ups by identifying risks with a higher impact, taking into account the dynamics of start-up development by clustering.
The authors analyze the approaches to the definition of the main stages of the development of startups, characterize the main features of the startup, consider the obstacles that lead to loss making and the subsequent elimination of the initiated startup projects, as well as schemes to determine the risks of launching startups by identifying risks with a higher level of exposure to preproject stages, startup and exit stages by clustering.
In order to identify the most important risk factors of the considered stages of development of start-ups, the authors investigated the influence of factors through expert analysis. The results of the research should be used during the formation of decisions on limiting and minimizing the influence of the factors influencing the main stages of development of the startup. In order to use the conducted research in practice it is expedient to identify the factors influencing the startup, taking into account its specificity and field of application, to evaluate their possible impact and probability of their occurrence, to choose the ways of influencing the factor and to take the planned actions.
In further research it is planned to use the obtained results to develop recommendations for the management of risks of startups, depending on the stage of its development, the degree of their impact and the extent of possible losses.
Keywords: start-up, start-up development stages, features of the startup, risk factors of the preproject stage, risk factors of the start-up stage, risk factors of the output stage.
- Blank, S. and Dorf, B. (2013), Nastol’naja kniga osnovatelja [A Startup. Founder’s Handbook], Al’pina Pablisher, Moscow, Russia.
- Ries, E. (2011), The lean startup, Crown Business, Danvers, United States.
- Til’, P. (2015), Vid nulia do odynytsi. Notatky pro startapy, abo iak stvoryty majbutnie [From zero to one. Notes on startups, or how to create a future], Nash format, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Ivashova, N. V. (2013), “Start up projects are an innovation tool”, Zbirka dopovidej na Mizhnarodnij naukovo-praktychnij konferentsii [Conference Proceedings of the International Scientifically Practical Conference], Ekonomichni problemy staloho rozvytku [Economic problems of sustainable development], Sumy, Ukraine.
- Zbanats’kyj, D. (2013) “Startups: legal and practical aspects. Introduction”, Nezalezhnyj audytor, vol. 3 (14), pp. 97-98.
- Mrykhina, O. B. Stoianovs’kyj, A. R. and Mirkunova, T. I. (2015), “Prospects of startup companies in the context of the competitive development of the Ukrainian high technology market”, Aktual’ni problemy ekonomiky, vol. 9 (171), pp. 215-225.
- Lalu, F. (2017), Kompanii majbutn’oho [Companies of the future], KSD, Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- Chazov, Ye. (2013). “Startup as a new form of business”, Naukovi pratsi Natsional’noho universytetu kharchovykh tekhnolohiy, vol. 52, pp. 122-128.
- Startup Ranking (2018), “Countries Ranking”, available at: http://www.startupranking.com/countries (Assecced 25 June 2018).
- Official site of “UK“ ALLIANCE. VENTURE BUSINESS” (2018), available at: venture-biz.ru (Assecced 25 June 2018).
- Kravchenko, M. O. and Lavrova, A. O. (2017), “Analysis of the development of startup movement in Ukraine”, Suchasni pidkhody do upravlinnia pidpryiemstvom, vol. 2, pp. 177-186.
- Vereschahina, H. V. and Pliekhanova, T. Ye. (2018), “Implementation of risk management system in enterprise in conditions of innovation activity”, Modern Economics, vol. 7, pp. 32-40.
- Vereschahina, H. V. and Strupyns’ka, N. V. (2013), “Determining the scope of expediency of using funds to ensure the effectiveness of marketing activities of industrial enterprises”, Naukovyj visnyk NLTU Ukrainy, vol. 14, pp. 145-152.
- Vereschahyna, A. V. and Fefelov, Y. V. (2013), “Assessment of trends in the development of innovative activities of the enterprise based on the identification of significant development factors”, Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid, vol. 8, pp. 29-33.
- Timonin, O. M. and Syvash, Yu. M. (2016), “Creativity as a factor in the innovation activity of enterprises”, Prychornomors’ki ekonomichni studii, vol. 11, pp. 177-181.
- Timonin, O. M. and Larina, K. V. (2008), Tekhnichne pereozbroiennia pidpryiemstva na osnovi kontseptsii marketynhu [Technical re-equipment of the enterprise on the basis of the concept of marketing], VD «INZhEK», Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- Pliekhanova, T. Ye. (2017), “Determining the risk factors of the external environment of the enterprise that implements innovative projects”, Naukovyj visnyk Mizhnarodnoho humanitarnoho universytetu. Seriia: “Ekonomika i menedzhment”, vol. 24, pp. 130-134.
- Pliekhanova, T. Ye. (2017), “Determination of the risk factors of the internal environment of the enterprise in the planning of innovation development”, Biznes-navihator, vol. 4-2 (43), pp. 22-28.