|JEL Classification: J28; J30; M12
Vasylyk Alla, PhD (Economics), Associate Professor of the Department of Personnel Management and Labor Economics, Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman, Kyiv, Ukraine
Vonberg Tetyana, PhD (Economics), Associate Professor of the Department of Personnel Management and Labor Economics, Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman, Kyiv, Ukraine
Dorosh Mariia, student of the Department of Personnel Management and Labor Economics, Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman, Kyiv, Ukraine
Factors and Activities of Job Satisfaction Enhancing in Current Context
Abstract. Introduction. Modern companies rebuild and improve their business and management processes, develop corporate cultures and loyalty programs to maximize the potential of their key employees, support a positive employer brand to attract and retain staff. In a system of development of the high employee engagement culture and maintaining the employer brand, the basic element is job satisfaction, on which other higher components – loyalty, commitment and dedication – are based. The article substantiates the role of job satisfaction as a basic element in the system of forming a high culture of staff involvement and maintaining the employer brand.
Purpose. The main purpose of the study is to analyze the factors that influence job satisfaction and to develop a project of activities to increase employee satisfaction.
Results. The job satisfaction is defined as the internal state of the employee, which characterizes his / her overall positive assessment of his / her work activity in the organization, as well as the positive attitude towards its partial elements – content and working conditions, organizational support, motivational factors, social environment, psychological aspects of business and personal relationships in collective, etc. The factors of staff satisfaction are systematized, and it is substantiated that the diagnosis of the factors that determine the employee’s attitude to their work is an important precondition for making managerial decisions to enhance job satisfaction. The main practices and activities for increasing employee satisfaction are described. In order to investigate employee`s job satisfaction, a sociological survey was conducted to identify employees’ understanding of the importance of job satisfaction for performance and productivity, common methods for assessing job satisfaction, practices and activities undertaken by companies to increase job satisfaction, factors affecting employee satisfaction and dissatisfaction.
Conclusions. The focus on job satisfaction should be included in the goals and indicators of evaluating the success and effectiveness of all personnel management processes – from selection and adaptation to development, motivation, career management, and more.
Keywords: job satisfaction; involvement; motivation; factors influencing satisfaction; corporate culture.
- Kredentser, O. V. (2017). The influence of organizational culture on the level of job satisfaction of staff of educational organizations in conditions of social tension. Orhanizatsijna psykholohiia. Ekonomichna psykholohiia, 2-3 (9-10), 77-85 [in Ukrainian]
- Hitis, T. P., Hitis, V. B., & Didenko, D. P. (2018). Research of the job satisfaction level of the personnel in the industrial enterprises of Ukraine. Ekonomichnyj visnyk Donbasu, 2(52), 206-211 [in Ukrainian].
- Motsna S., Baiier O. (2019) Peculiarities of the relationship between job satisfaction and performance appraisal of representatives of the group of professions “man – technique”. Problems of modern psychology, 43, 167-186. DOI 10.32626/2227-6246.2019-43.167-186 [in Ukrainian].
- Scherbakova, I. M. (2015). Satisfaction with professional activity as an indicator of neuroticism of the subjects of work. Pedahohichni nauky: teoriia, istoriia, innovatsijni tekhnolohii, 1 (45), 186-192 [in Ukrainian].
- Vezhnovets’, T. A. (2017) Research on job satisfaction and burnout syndrome in healthcare professionals. ScienceRise: Medical Science, 2(10), 36-40. DOI: 10.15587/2519-4798.2017.94354 [in Ukrainian].
- Huba, N. O. & Kondratenko V. S. (2017). Psychological factors of the level of satisfaction with the work of staff of insurance companies. Problemy suchasnoi psykholohii, 2, 17-22 [in Ukrainian].
- Batranak, G. & Giliuvienė, V. (2018). Theoretical aspects of employee job satisfaction. Humanitarnyj visnyk ZDIA, 73, 157-168.
- Alexandrova, N. A. (2016). Increasing the level of job satisfaction as a direction of the personnel policy of the organization. Agrarnoe obrazovanie i nauka, 2016, 2 [in Russ.].
- Khodakovs’ka, M. O. (2017). Job satisfaction in modern conditions. Retrieved from https://conf.ztu.edu.ua/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/104-1.pdf [in Ukrainian]
- Danyuk, V. M. ed. (2018) Pratsya i sotsial’no-trudovi vidnosyny: slovnyk-dovidnyk. Kyiv, К [in Ukrainian].
- Inuwa, M. (2015). The impact of job satisfaction, job attitude and equity on employee performance. International Journal of Business and Management, 3(5), 288-293.
- Latif, M. S., Ahmad, M., Qasim, M., Mushtaq, M., Ferdoos, A., & Naeem, H. (2013). Impact of employee’s job satisfaction on organizational performance. European Journal of Business and Management, 7, 166–171.
- Swaroopa D. & Sudhir B. (2017). A study on the impact of employee satisfaction on quality and profitability of organizations. International Journal of Latest Trends in Engineering and Technology, 8(2), 342-347. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.21172/1.82.046.
Received: 06 May 2020
How to quote this article?
|Vasylyk, A., Vonberg, T. & Dorosh, M. (2020). Factors and Activities of Job Satisfaction Enhancing in Current Context. Modern Economics, 21(2020), 30-36. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V21(2020)-05.|