Maliuta Kateryna, Assistant in the Department of tourism, hotel and restaurant business, Vinnytsia Institute of Trade and Economics of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics, Vinnytsia, Ukraine
Factors of Investment Attractiveness of the Tourist Sector of Ukraine
Abstract. Introduction. In the modern world, tourism takes one of the most important places in countries’ economics development. However, in our country this sphere is developing not so quickly and successfully, as in other European countries. Therefore, an important issue of investing money in Ukraine tourism industry is emerging. Our country has a huge number of positive factors that are conducive to the investment attractiveness of this industry, but there are both negative factors that need to be addressed or eliminated.
Purpose. The main purpose of this article is to study the investment attractiveness factors of tourism in Ukraine: both positive and negative, as well as to propose series of measures that will create or lay the foundation for the formation of investment attractiveness and favorable investment climate of tourism in Ukraine.
Results. The results of this work are elaboration and determination of both positive and negative factors that have an influene on investment attractiveness of tourism in Ukraine. It it also proposes certain measures that would reduce the effect of negative factors or eliminate them altogether and create favorable conditions for investment.
Conclusions. In this study, were analyzed a number of factors that have influence on investment attractiveness of the Ukrainian tourism sector. Their distribution is divided into positive and negative factors. Also, were recommended a number of measures that would eliminate the problems that hindering the formation of a positive investment climate in the tourism sector in Ukraine: to create a service of accounting and protection of tourist resources, to create a service for determining the demand and advertising tourist’s services, to develop programs for the tourism industry development in each region and capital plans construction and investment, to solve the problem of training tourist staff and managing the enterprises of the hotel industry, catering, production, coordinating the work of tourist organizations with transport agencies, cultural institutions, assessing the economic efficiency of tourism and recreational territories’ assessment, identifying areas favorable for tourism and treatment, to develop a classification of recreation areas for degree of significance, natural conditions, functional characteristics, as well as methods of substantiation of the norms of simultaneous loading to various natural complexes.
Within this framework, particular attention must be paid to infrastructure, transport links, hotel and restaurant services. As a result of overcoming the problems and downsides of the industry through active state support, the tourism business will become a source of significant revenues to the budget of our country.
Keywords: investment attractiveness; tourism industry; investment climate; factors of influence; investment; index of investment attractiveness.
- The official website of the World Tourism Organization. Retrieved from www.un wto.org [in Ukrainian].
- Fedorenko, V.Gh. (2004). Inozemne investuvannja ekonomiky Ukrajiny. Kyjiv: Naukova dumka [in Ukrainian].
- Valyrunova, L. S. (2010). Ynvestyrovanye. Moscow: Moscow State Institute of International Relations [in Russ.].
- Marhonos, S. M. (2012). The tourism sector as a factor increasing the region’s investment attractiveness. Management. Innovations, 1 (7). Retrieved from http://tourlib.net/statti_ukr/marhonos.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Sydor, Gh.V. & Davydovsjka, Gh.I. (2015). Investment attractiveness of the regions. Stalyj rozvytok ekonomik, 2, 185-186 [in Ukrainian].
- Dovghalj, Gh. V. (2013). Investing in the tourist complex of Ukraine: the current state and problems. Mizhnarodni vidnosyny. Ekonomika. Krajinoznavstvo. Turyzm, 1086, 135-138 [in Ukrainian].
- Myronov, Ju. B. (2017). Problems and prospects of development of world tourism in conditions of global instability. Suchasni tendenciji rozvytku svitovoji ekonomiky, 35-36 [in Ukrainian].
- Myronov, Ju. B. (2013). The essence and factors of sustainable tourism development in the region. Naukovyj visnyk NLTU Ukrajiny, 23.11, 117-122 [in Ukrainian].
- Antonenko, I. Ja., Okhrimenko, A. Gh. (2010). The theory of investment problems and prospects of attraction of investments in the tourist sphere within the framework of European integration of Ukraine. Investyciji: praktyka ta dosvid, 4, 10-12 [in Ukrainian].
- Dovghalj, Gh. V. (2014). Investment attractiveness as a factor in the formation of the tourist image of the Kharkiv region. Khark. nac. un-tu imeni V. N. Karazina, 961, 171-175 [in Ukrainian].
- Ukraine’s investment attractiveness index grew. Retrieved from https://nachasi.com/2018/07/11/indeks-investytsijnoyi-pryvablyvosti/ [in Ukrainian].
- Macuka, V.M. (2016). Modern Trends and Prospects for Tourism Development in Ukraine. Visnyk Mariupoljsjkogho derzhavnogho universytetu. Serija: Ekonomika, 1, 43-49 [in Ukrainian].
Received: 24 January 2019
How to quote this article?
|Maliuta, K. (2019). Factors of Investment Attractiveness of the Tourist Sector of Ukraine. Modern Economics, 13(2019), 168-173. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V13(2019)-26.|