|JEL Classification: O18; O33
Svynarenko Tatyana, Candidate of Sciences (Economics), Associate Professor, Department of Finance, Banking and Entrepreneurship, Donbass State Machine-Building Academy, Kramatorsk, Ukraine
Gladkova Olga, Candidate of Sciences (Economics), Associate Professor, Department of Management and Economics of Enterprise, National University of Pharmacy, Kharkiv, Ukraine
Formation and Development of Regional Innovation Systems: Theory, Practice
Abstract. Introduction. The article defines the role of the innovative direction of economic development in modern realities and proves that it is the national innovation systems that create the preconditions for activation of innovative activity of enterprises in priority industries, promote their diffusion into all spheres of socio-economic environment, increase the competitiveness of national producers. Therefore, the economic growth achieved on the basis of innovative development will, firstly, contribute to the further increase of the economic potential of the state and the pace of economic development, and secondly, to improving the level and quality of life of the population, stabilizing the situation in the country, ensuring its economic and social security.
Purpose. The state of the national innovation system is considered, the tendency of the innovation activity in Ukraine to decline according to the international ratings and the State Statistics Service of Ukraine is determined, the differentiation of the regions by their innovative activity and innovative potential is proved.
Results. It is stated that the national innovation system includes the innovative systems of its individual territories, which determine the effectiveness of its functioning and development. The leading role of regional components in the development of innovation processes in countries and increasing the efficiency of innovation activities is substantiated, the composition of regional innovation systems, factors and peculiarities of their formation and development are determined. There are four main subsystems: organizational-coordination, scientific-educational, business, infrastructure. These subsystems have different functions, but they are closely interconnected, complementary and must be designed according to the functional purpose of the regional innovation system.
Conclusions. By summarizing the existing scientific and practical experience in the formation of the state innovation strategy and regional innovation systems, proposals are made for the formation of modern instruments for innovative development of regions, taking into account and in accordance with the level of their socio-economic development and identified priorities, to the available financial, human and other resource opportunities. The application of such instruments in the practice of state and regional authorities will increase the competitiveness of regions and make effective use of their innovative potential.
Keywords: national innovation system; regional innovation system; regional innovation development; innovation transfer.
- Bendasiuk, S. P. (2014). Formation and development of regional innovation systems. Kul’tura narodov Prychernomor’ia. 273, 207-210 [in Ukrainian].
- Bendasiuk, S. P. (2015). Principles, strategies, tools for managing the innovative development of food industry enterprises. AHROSVIT, 34, 66-70 [in Ukrainian].
- Horbliuk, S. A. (2014). The essence and key characteristics of the regional innovation system. Visnyk NADU, 3, 137–144 [in Ukrainian].
- Horbliuk, S. A. (2015). Structural and functional model of regional innovation system.. Efektyvnist’ derzhavnoho upravlinnia : zb. nauk. pr. L’viv. rehion. in-tu derzh. upr. Nats. akad. derzh. upr. pry Prezydentovi Ukrainy, 45, 183–190 [in Ukrainian].
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2020). Official web-site. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua [in Ukrainian].
- Zakharchenko, V. I., Korsikova, N. M. & Merkulova, M. M. (2012). Innovatsijnyj menedzhment: teoriia i praktyka v umovakh transformatsii ekonomiky. K. : Tsentr uchbovoi literatury [in Ukrainian].
- Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2009). Concept of development of national innovation system (Decree No. 680-r, June 17). Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/680-2009-%D1%80. [in Ukrainian].
- Mart’ianov, M. P. (2016). Regional innovation infrastructure as one of the key elements of a regional innovation system. Visnyk Vinnyts’koho politekhnichnoho instytutu. Retrieved from https://conferences.vntu.edu.ua/index.php/all-fm/all…/420 [in Ukrainian].
- Kuznietsova, M. S. (2019). Naukova ta innovatsijna diial’nist’ Ukrainy. Statystychnyj zbirnyk. K.: Derzhavna sluzhba statystyky Ukrainy [in Ukrainian].
- Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine. (2019). On approval of the Strategy for development of the sphere of innovative activity for the period till 2030 (Decree No. 526-r, July 17). Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/526-2019-%D1%80 [in Ukrainian].
- Pysarenko, T. V. (2019). Stan innovatsijnoi diial’nosti ta diial’nosti u sferi transferu tekhnolohij v Ukraini u 2018 rotsi. K.: UkrINTEI [in Ukrainian].
- Fedulova, L. I. (2014). Formation of regional innovation systems in the context of the principles of еuropean innovation policy. Akademichnyj ohliad. 1, 144-155 [in Ukrainian].
Received: 06 March 2020
How to quote this article?
|Svynarenko, T. & Gladkova, O. (2020). Formation and development of regional innovation systems: theory, practice. Modern Economics, 20(2020), 239-245. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V20(2020)-37.|