|JEL Classification: C13, D 23, H 82, K11, R10.
Tymoshchyk Liliia, Ph.D. (Economics), Scientific Secretary of the Research Center for Forensic Examination on Intellectual Property of the Ministry of Justice of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine
General Theoretical Approaches to the Concept of “State Property” as an Object of Evaluation
Abstract. Introduction. The basic concept of modern society is the concept of property. It is the basis of social relations – a variety of categories of tangible and intangible objects can be considered as property. This article considers the modern definition of “state property” in the Ukrainian economic literature, and features of the definition of state property as an object of evaluation in its economic content in Ukraine.
Purpose. The main purpose of this article is to analyze the main existing in the current economic literature approaches to the valuation of state-owned property.
Results. As simple and basic concept “state property” does not have a single clear and comprehensive definition. The article presents three main approaches to it. The interpretations presented in encyclopedic materials, views on state property from the point of view of sociology and philosophy are considered. Considerable attention is paid to the views of domestic economists, who focus on various aspects of the economic content of the concept, considering it as an act of state appropriation of certain objects (S. Mocherny), from the standpoint of the social contract (M. Kamyshanska), with emphasis for the purpose of using property – the realization of national interests (G. Dorofeeva), taking into account the role of state property as the basis of the economy of society (V. Emelyanov) and the primacy of economic relations compared to legal (N. Biryukova).
Conclusions. Concluding the article, the author concludes that he adheres to the approach that state property, in contrast to private property is a system of relations regarding the appropriation of goods in the interests of the community and the state as a whole. Thus, state property can be considered as a basis for the development of capital-intensive industries and industries, an economic reserve designed to ensure the development of private and public capital of the nation, private enterprise, and to eliminate the effects of economic crises. State property is also responsible for the material security of public safety, the work of the social sphere and the production of public goods.
Keywords: property; state property; property valuation; economic content of property.
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2003). The Civil Code of Ukraine (Act No. 43, January 16). Retrieved from http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/435-15 [in Ukrainian].
- Abdulaiev, N. (2001). State property and its structure. Zhurnal dlia aktsyonerov, 6, 1216 [in Russ.].
- Balatskyi, E. V. (1997). Problems of assessing the scale of the effectiveness of state participation in the economy. Vesty MHU. Ekonomyka, 6, 2244 [in Russ.].
- Biriukova, N. N. (2012). Theoretical and legal aspects of defining the concept of property rights and state property rights in Ukraine. Vcheni zapysky Tavriiskoho natsionalnoho universytetu im. V. I. Vernadskoho. Seriia: Yurydychni nauky, 2, 121-128 [in Ukrainian].
- Hehel, H. V. (1990). Philosophy of law. M.: Misl [in Russ.].
- Dorofieieva, H. A. (2005). Management of the public sector of industry in Ukraine (Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis). Organization of management, planning and regulation of the economy. Donetsk [in Ukrainian].
- Ivaniuta, V. V. (2018). The structure of state property as an object of public administration in modern economic conditions. Derzhavne upravlinnia: udoskonalennia ta rozvytok, DOI: 10.32702/2307-2156-2018.12.29 [in Ukrainian].
- Mochernyi, S. V. (2000). Ekonomichna entsyklopediia. K. : Vydav. Tsentr «Akademiia» [in Ukrainian].
- Emelianov, V. P. (1996). Protection of property rights by criminal legislation. : Rubykon [in Russ.].
- Zadorozhnii, H. V. (1996). Sobstvennost y ekonomycheskaia vlast. Kh. : «Osnova» [in Russ.].
- Kamyshanska, M. O. (2004). State property in the transformational economy of Ukraine (Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis). Economic theory. Donetsk [in Ukrainian].
- Kant, Y. (1994). Works in German and Russian. Treatises and articles (1784-1786). M [in Russ.].
- Raizberh, B. A. (1999). Modern economic dictionary. : YNFRAM [in Russ.].
- Savchenko, A. (2000). Economic foundations of state property management. Problemi teoryy y praktyky upravlenyia, 6, 2832 [in Russ.].
- Turskyi, I. V. (2007). Management of economic property in the post-transformation economy. Aktualni problemy ekonomiky, 8, 5463 [in Ukrainian].
- Iasyshena, V. V. & Pyliavets, V. M. (2019). Analysis of methods of valuation of intangible assets. Oblik i finansy, 2, 61-70. DOI: https://doi.org/10.33146/2307-9878-2019-2(84)-61-70 [in Ukrainian].
Received: 30 July 2020
How to quote this article?
|Tymoshchyk L. (2020). General Theoretical Approaches to the Concept of “State Property” as an Object of Evaluation. Modern Economics, 22(2020), 95-98. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V22(2020)-15.|