UDC 339.97: 65.01: 504.06
Danilova Nicole, PhD in International Economics and International Economic Relations, Assistant of the Department of International Economics and Marketing, Taras Shevchenko National University, Kiev, Ukraine
“GREEN OFFICE” CONCEPT: INTERNATIONAL PRACTICES AND ECONOMIC EVALUATION FOR UKRAINE
Different approaches to the “green office” definition are summarized in the paper, the author’s definition of the category “green office” is proposed, goals of the “green office” and its benefits are formed. Also, various approaches to certification of offices are examined and their features are revealed. The main directions of the implementation of the “green offices” have been singled out. Macro- and micromarketing problems have been analyzed and the relevance of the introduction of green offices in Ukraine is being determined. The goals and advantages of the “green office” for state institutions of Ukraine are revealed. A methodology for calculating the economic effect from creating the “green office” is proposed.
Key words: green office concept, green office certification, environmental safety, efficient resource utilization, economic effect.
JEL Classification: F53; Q5; M1.
- Ivanilov, S. (2009). Economics of the enterprise: under the umbrella [For the studio. Higher Tutor Eng]. Center for Educational Literature, pp.728.
- Starostina, and Kravchenko, V. (2011). Essence and practical application of the methodology of constructing a categorical apparatus of economic science (for example, the concepts of “globalization” and “business risk”). Bulletin of the Taras Shevchenko National Taras Shevchenko University, vol. 128, pp. 5–10.
- The United Nations in Ukraine. Sustainable Development Goals 2016–2030, UN Summit for adoption of the Development Agenda for the period after 2015, available at: http://www.un.org.ua/ua/tsili-rozvytku-tysiacholittia/tsili-staloho-rozvytku.
- International Organization for Standardization (2015). ISO 14000 family – Environmental management, available at: https://www.iso.org/iso-14001-environmental-management.html.
- European Commission (‘DG Environment’). The EU Eco-Management and Audit Scheme (EMAS), European Commission (‘DG Environment’), available at: http://ec.europa.eu/environment/emas/index_en. Htm
- Certification options [LEFT] / LEED, available at: http://www.usgbc.org/leed.
- Certification, BRE Environmental Assessment Method, available at: http://www.breeam.com/.
- Greenpeace How to make an office green? Greenpeace in Russia, available at: http://www.greenpeace.org/russia/en/campaigns/green-office/advice/.
- World Wildlife Fund. GREEN OFFICE. A WWF initiative to reduce ecological footprint, available at: https://wwf.fi/en/green-office/what-is-green-office/.
- WWF Ukraine (2017). WWF GREEN OFFICE program, WWF Danube-Carpathian program. 2017, available at: http://wwf.panda.org/en/about_wwf/wwf_dcp/.
- Chisala William (2013). The implementation of the green office at JAMK: case Dynamo campus. Jyväskylän ammattikorkeakoulu, available at: http://www.theseus.fi/handle/10024/60879.
- U.S. Green Building Council. ROADMAP TO GREEN GOVERNMENT BUILDINGS USGBC, available at: https://goo.gl/Cy9Jn6.