JEL Classification: M31; O13; O18; Q13.
Chumachenko Yuliia, postgraduate PhD, Teacher of the Department of Management and Business Administration, Cherkasy State Technological University, Cherkasy, Ukraine.
Chumachenko Evgeniya, magistrate, Department of Marketing, Lviv National University named after. I. Frankо, Lviv, Ukraine
IMPLEMENTATION OF MARKETING IN RURAL TOURISM AS A PRAGMATIC DEVELOPMENT AGENDA
Introduction. In the context of integration processes and the transition to a market economy, innovative forms of management and the search for alternative or related activities for gaining competitive advantages and obtaining additional profit become more and more important. This tendency takes place not only in specific business units, but also in industries and business complexes in general. Therefore, these available resources and opportunities, new forms and activities within the business segment and market niche should to be introduced.
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to highlight the essence of rural tourism, study its types and forms, as well as substantiate the need for the development of this service for the development of rural areas. The main task is to demonstrate the role and necessity of using the marketing system for the effective development of rural tourism, indicating its advantages and peculiarities of practical implementation.
Results. As a result of the study, the general characteristics of rural tourism, its types and place in the general structure of agrarian-industrial complex are determined. The difference between the definitions of «rural tourism», «agro tourism» and «green tourism», which is often identified, however, has distinctive features and features. The existing definition of the definition of «rural tourism» is investigated and the author’s own definition is formed. The weight of green tourism in the socio-economic development of the village and region as a whole is proved. The level of application of marketing in the development of this direction and its main problems are determined. Examples of marketing tools that are successfully applied in the world are presented and recommended to be used for the development of green tourism in Ukraine.
Conclusions. Rural tourism is a new direction of development, which is a symbiosis of the tourist and recreational sphere and agro-industrial complex, in particular, the agricultural sector. The positive features of the development of this type of tourism are the improvement of socio-economic development of the village, expansion of the employment of the rural population and additional income without interruption from the main activity. To successfully develop rural tourism it is necessary to apply marketing tools, in particular, the means of advertising and promotion of the services provided. The use and practical implementation of the marketing complex will allow us to form a positive reputation, to bring the activity to a profitable level and to occupy a corresponding niche in the market
Keywords: rural tourism, agro-industrial complex, agrarian marketing, rural green tourism, ecotourism, agrarian tourism, marketing, agro-village.
- The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2009), The Law of Ukraine «Agricultural Rural green tourism», available at: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua (Accessed 01 February 2018).
- Darmostuk, G. (2017) Trends in the development of green tourism in Ukraine, Theory and Practice of Public Administration, no. 2 (57), pp. 1.
- Medlik, S. (1993) Dictionary of Travel. Tourism and Hospitality, Butterworth-Heinemann, Etd London, pp. 43.
- Kifyak, F. (2003) Organization of tourism activity in Ukraine [Teaching. Manual], Books XXI, Chernivtsi, Ukraine.
- Dvorskaya, L. (2010), “Features of Marketing of Rural Green Tourism in Ukraine”, Scientific notes of Ternopil National Pedagogical University named after Volodymyr Hnatyuk. Geography. Taipe, Ternopil, Ukraine.
- Telichkan, V. V. (2009), “Promotion of agro-tourism services with the help of modern information technologies”, Collection of scientific works of Uman National University of Horticulture, no. 72 (2), pp.169-175.
- Nilsson, (2002), “Staying on farms; an ideological background”, Annals of Tourism Research, no. 29, pp. 7-24.
- Lobo, R. (2001), “Helpful agricultural Tourism (Agri-tourism)” Definitions, no/ 5, 25 – 26.
- Ivanova, V. , “Rural tourism» as a category of science of administrative law and legislation”, Law and Society, no. 3, pp. 119-125.
- Papp, V. (2015), Rural green tourism as a priority trend in the development of rural areas of Ukraine, AgroSvit, no.18, pp. 17-22.
- Kalna-Dubinjuk, T. P. and Pugach, N. A. (2011), “Application of modern information technologies in the development of rural green tourism in Ukraine”, Scientific herald of the National University of Bioresources and Nature Management of Ukraine, vol. 163, part 1.