Kuzoma Vitaliy, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor, Department of Accounting and Taxation, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Ukraine
ORCID ID: 0000-0002-6763-2120
Pavliuk Svitlana, Assistant of the Department of Production Organization and Innovative Activities, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Ukraine
Implementation of the Food Safety Management System Based on the Concept of HACCP
Purpose. The purpose of the paper is to study standardization as a lever for the development of international trade, as well as an analysis of the implementation of food safety management systems market operators by the principles of the HACCP system.
Methodology / approach. The methodological basis of the research became the fundamental positions of modern economic science and the work of the leading domestic and foreign scientists on standardization, safety and quality of food products, as well as legislative and regulatory acts of Ukraine. In the process of research, the methods of economic research have been used, which have helped to achieve the most complete and reliable results: systematic approach and generalization, monographic, statistical, historical and economic.
Results. The results of the study show that over a considerable period of time, issues of standardization, both phenomena in general and issues of quality and safety of food products, were at the center of attention. Taking into account that Ukraine has integrated into the system of international economic relations, as evidenced by the volumes of exported products, the manufacturers-operators of the market is an urgent requirement to adapt to the conditions of world markets. The most acute issue is with regard to food producers. Therefore, in the context of the approximation of national standardization to international and European norms and rules, implementation of the principles of a food safety management system based on the HACCP concept is one of the highest priority topics. The main advantages and risks are analyzed, the algorithm for implementation of HACCP according to the process approach is generalized.
Originality / scientific novelty. In order to improve the quality and safety of food products by market operators, in the first place small enterprises, regardless of the type of products they produce, are offered a generalized algorithm for the introduction of HACCP.
Practical value / implications. The conclusions and suggestions outlined in the article are practical and can be used to develop and substantiate small enterprises of the HACCP system.
Keywords: standardization; HACCP system; product safety; product quality; critical points.
Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2014). Pro stanartyzatsiu (Act No. 1315-VII, June 5). Retrieved from https:// https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1315-18/ed20160801 [in Ukrainian].
- Lloyd, S. T. (1928). Standardization of Farm Products. The Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, 137, 205-212.
- Derzhavne pidpryiemstvo «Ukrainskyj naukovo-doslidnyj i navchalnyj tsentr problem standartyzatsii, sertyfikatsii ta iakosti (2017). Zvit pro diialnist natsionalnoho orhanu standartyzatsii za 2017 rik Retrieved from http://uas.org.ua/vp-tsontent/uploads/2018/02/Zvit-na-KR-NOS.pdf https:// https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1315-18/ed20160801 [in Ukrainian].
- State Treasury Service of Ukraine (2018). Spivrobitnytstvo mizh Ukrainoiu ta krainamy ЕS u 2017 rotsi. Retrieved from http://vvv.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publitsat/kat_u/2018/zb/06/zb_ES_2017.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- State Treasury Service of Mykolaiv region (2018). Sotsialno-ekonomichne stanovysche Mykolaivskoi oblasti za sichen–lystopad 2018 roku. Retrieved from http://vvv.mk.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
- Posibnyk dlia malykh ta serednikh pidpryiemstv miasopererobnoi haluzi z pidhotovky ta vprovadzhennia systemy upravlinnia bezpechnistiu kharchovykh produktiv na osnovi kontseptsii NASSR. Retrieved from https://smr.gov.ua/images/misto/Pipriemstvo/Harchuvannia/6._posibnyk_nassr.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (1997). Pro osnovni pryntsypy ta vymohy do bezpechnosti kharchovykh produktiv (Act No. 771/97-VR, December 23). Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/lavs/shov/771/97-%D0%B2%D1%80 [in Ukrainian].
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2017). Pro derzhavnyj kontrol za dotrymanniam zakonodavstva pro kharchovi produkty, kormy, pobichni produkty tvarynnoho pokhodzhennia, zdorovia ta blahopoluchchia tvaryn (Act No. 2042-VIII, May 18) Retrieved from https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/lavs/shov/2042-19 [in Ukrainian].
- Humeniuk, H. (2014). Problemy i perspektyvy standartyzatsii silskohospodarskoi produktsii. Standartyzatsiia: Metodolohiia ta praktyka, 6, 18-21 [in Ukrainian].
- Mykhajlenko, O. H. (2017). Standartyzatsiia iak faktor rozvytku mizhnarodnoi torhivli silskohospodarskoiu produktsiieiu v suchasnomu suspilstvi. Naukovyj visnyk Uzhhorodskoho universytetu : Seriia: Ekonomika, 1(49), 26-32 [in Ukrainian].
- Saienko, Ya. A. & Nedbaliuk, O. P. (2017). Adaptatsiia vitchyznianykh pidpryiemstv do standartiv iakosti produktsii na rynku Yevropejskoho Soiuzu. Molodyj vchenyj, 10, 1033-1036 [in Ukrainian].
- Zeltwanger, H. (2015). A short history of standardization and CAN. Control Engineering. Retrieved from https://www.controleng.com/articles/a-short-history-of-standardization-and-can/.
- Ferree, M. (1973). What is food quality? Journal of Food Distribution Research, 4(2), Retrieved from https://ageconsearch.umn.edu/bitstream/27676/1/04020034.pdf.
- Jaiswal, P. K. (2000). Grading and standardisation in agricultural food products. Agricultural Marketing, 43(3), 33-34 Retrieved from https://www.cabdirect.org/cabdirect/abstract/20033015729.
- Müller, Jo-Ann (2017). Standardization and International Business: Evidence from German Micro Data. Retrieved from https://depositonce.tu-berlin.de/bitstream/11303/7484/5/m%C3%BCller_jo_ann.pdf.
Received: 20 March 2019
How to quote this article?