|JEL Classification: A29; D20; M11; M12
Zhelezniak K., PhD (Economics), Associate Professor of the Department of Management, National Transport University, Kyiv, Ukraine.
Ignatiuk V., PhD (Engineering Science), Associate Professor of the Department of Management, National Transport University, Kyiv, Ukraine
Improving the Effectiveness of Self-Management based on Self-Esteem
Annotation. Introduction. The research is devoted to the urgent problem of constantly improving efficiency of production management, the urgency of which is not in doubt, as the search for ways to solve it is one of the most important issues the economic mechanism of improvement. In addition to the existing system of increasing level of competence of management specialists through training in faculties in higher education and various types of further training institutions, ways of increasing the importance of active self-education of managers are being considered. It should be carried out not from time to time, but on an continuing basis, according to a certain system. There are several reasons for the difficulty in performing assignments оf self-education of managers: lack of accessible, legible, widespread literature on production management, recommendations for organizing the process of self-training of managers, taking into account the intensity of the mainstream labour market, the difficulty of estimation their shortcomings and finding ways to overcome them. The research considers and suggests ways to overcome these difficulties.
Purpose. The issue of ensuring the continuity of the process of improving the management methods and techniques of middle-level and top-level managers of enterprises and organizations is considered.
Results. To reduce the complexity of one of the important areas for improving the level of competence in management – the difficulty of estimation their shortcomings and finding ways to overcome them – it is proposed to use tests for managers, which can be created and upgraded based on modern computer tools and technologies. It is emphasized that this can be especially successful at the initial stage of their self-training/self-study.
Conclusions. Attention is paid to the organization of periodicity as a condition for the continuity of work on self-improvement on the basis of objective self-assessment. Motivational aspects of the organization and self-organization of self-assessment are considered. The ways of further development of research in the direction of self-improvement of specialists-managers of middle-level and top-level are outlined.
Keywords: personnel; management; qualification; estimation; self-assessment; self-improvement.
- Chzhuo, Dz. (2020). Stanovlennia menedzhera. Kyiv: BookChef Fors, [in Ukrainian].
- Druker, P. (2008). Yak upravliaty soboiu. Kyiv: Knyholav [in Ukrainian].
- Ivanova, I. V. (2001). Menedzher – profesijnyj kerivnyk. Kyiv: Natsional’nyj torhovo-ekonomichnyj universytet [in Ukrainian].
- Aliushyna, N. O. (2009). Tajm-menedzhment posadovtsia: mystetstvo planuvaty ta upravliaty svoim chasom. Kyiv: NADU [in Ukrainian].
- Chajka, H. (2014). Samomenedzhment menedzhera (navchal’nyj posibnyk. Kyiv: Znannia [in Ukrainian].
- Shvindina, H. O. (2011). Orhanizatsiia pratsi menedzhera. Sumy: SumDU [in Ukrainian].
- Yuryk, N. (2015). Samomenedzhment. Ternopil’:TNTU.
- Luhovyj, I. (2009). Competences and competencies: conceptual and terminological discourse. Vyscha osvita Ukrainy: teoretychni ta naukovo-metodychnyj chasopys, 3, 8-14 [in Ukrainian].
- Karnehi, D. (2020). How to make friends and influence people. Retrieved from: URL http://ukrlife.org/main/minerva/karnegie.htm.
- Komarov E. (1984). Ability to attract people. JEKO, 10, 3-19 [in Russ].
- Serhiienko, V. P., Malezhyk, M. P. & Sitkar, T. V. (2012). Komp’iuterni tekhnolohii v testuvanni. Luts’k: SP Volyn’polihraf [in Ukrainian].
Received: 13 November 2020
How to quote this article?
|Zhelezniak K., Ignatiuk V. (2020). Improving the Effectiveness of Self-Management based on Self-Esteem. Modern Economics, 24(2020), 56-59. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V24(2020)-09.|