|JEL Classification: I30; L51; O15; O18; O20
Chornobai Larysa, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor, Associate Professor at the Department of Economics, Business, Trade and Exchange Activities, Podilsk State Agrarian and Engineering University, Kamianets-Podilskyi, Ukraine
Mushenyk Iryna, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor, Associate Professor at the Department of Mathematical Disciplines, Informatics and Modeling, Podilsk State Agrarian and Engineering University, Kamianets-Podilskyi, Ukraine
Improving the Organizational and Economic Mechanism Regulation of Living Standards of Rural Population in Terms of Decentralization
Abstract. In modern conditions, the main problems in rural areas are high unemployment, increasing migration of rural population, reducing the network of socio-cultural institutions, wear and obsolescence of their material and technical base, lack of resources to preserve and reproduce the productive potential of the village. These and other problems have remained relevant to this day, and their negative impact on rural development limits the formation and use of socio-economic potential of the village, causes problems in agricultural production and is accompanied by the destruction of traditional rural life, negatively affects the level and quality life of rural population.
Purpose. Formulated and substantiated scientific conclusions and practical proposals are the basis for the organization of integrated development of rural territorial communities and ensuring a high standard of rural population living.
Results. It has been determined that the main problems in rural areas are high unemployment, increased migration of the rural population, reduction of the network of socio-cultural institutions, wear and obsolescence of their material and technical base, lack of resources to preserve and reproduce the productive potential of the village and the quality of life of the rural population. It has been argued that the basis of rural development is the development of rural economy, services, improving the living standards of the rural population, creating a comfortable living environment for peasants, that the basis of measures aimed at increasing the living standards of the rural population is economic development of rural areas. It is necessary to move the village from its agrarian concept to a more diversified one, which provides for stimulating the development of other spheres of human activity. The organizational and economic mechanism of regulation of a living standard of the population at the level of a rural territorial community has been offered. It has been established that the standard of living is formed based on efficient functioning of the spheres of production, distribution, exchange and consumption, forming intensive factors of economic growth.
Conclusions. The standard of living of the population is formed based on the efficient functioning of the production spheres, distribution, exchange and consumption. At the same time, intensive factors of economic growth have been formed: expansion of employment in rural areas, growth of real incomes of participants, acceleration of scientific and technological progress both in the production sphere and in the sphere of service; advanced training of employees; rational use of working capital; increasing the efficiency of economic activity due to its better organization; increase local budget revenues.
Keywords: standard of living; employment; unemployment; diversification of economic activity; factors of economic growth.
- Vdovichenko, M. Kh., Yakuba, K. I., Orlatiy, M. K. (1993). Social revival and development of the village in the minds of the market economy. Kyiv: Urozhai [in Ukrainian].
- Law of Ukraine on voluntary association of territorial communities № 157-VIII. (2015, February 05). Vidomosti Verkhovnoi Rady Ukrainy, 13, 91 [in Ukrainian].
- Concept of the State Program of Sustainable Rural Development of Ukraine for the period up to 2025. URL: smcae.kiev.ua/news/ridne/Kons.doc [in Ukrainian].
- The concept of rural development. URL: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995-2015-%D1%80#n8 [in Ukrainian].
- Mocherny, S.Economic Encyclopedia. (Vols. 1-3). Kyiv: Vydavnychyj centr „Akademija” [in Ukrainian].
- Mushenyk, I. M. & Burlakov, O. S. (2018). Problems of innovative development of agroindustrial complex of Ukraine. Innovacijna ekonomika: Vseukrajinsjkyj naukovo-vyrobnychyj zhurnal, 3-4, 23-28 [in Ukrainian].
- Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On approval of the State Strategy for Regional Development for 2021-2027” from 05.08.2020, №695. URL: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/npas/pro-zatverdzhennya-derzhavnoyi-strategiyi-regionalnogo-rozvitku-na-20212027-t50820 [in Ukrainian].
- Chornobai, L. M, Chornobai, M.M. (2015). Ensuring the integrated development of rural areas in terms of decentralization. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats’ Podil’s’koho derzhavnoho ahrarno-tekhnichnoho universytetu, 23, 102-109 [in Ukrainian].
- Chornobai, L. M, Chornobai, M. (2016). The current state of income, expenditure and material well-being of the rural population. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats’ Tavrijs’koho derzhavnoho ahrotekhnolohichnoho universytetu (ekonomichni nauky), №1 (30), 130-136 [in Ukrainian].
- Chornobai, L. M, Chornobai, M. M. (2016). Estimation of poverty of the rural population of Ukraine. Hlobalizatsijni protsesy v rozvytku natsional’nykh ekonomik: мaterialy Mizhnarodnoi naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii (pp. 78-80). Ternopil: Krok [in Ukrainian].
Received: 18 September 2020
How to quote this article?
|Chornobai L., Mushenyk I. (2020). Improving the Organizational and Economic Mechanism Regulation of the Living Standards of the Rural Population in Terms of Decentralization. Modern Economics, 23(2020), 220-226. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V23(2020)-35.|