|JEL Classification: Н54, L83, Q55, Q57
Lesik I., PhD in Economics, Associate Professor, Associate Professor of Economic Theory and Social Sciences Department, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
Lesik M., Student of Management Faculty, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
Infrastructure Support of the Ecotourism Sphere
Introduction. The paper considers the prerequisites for the formation and development of ecotourism, its infrastructure in Ukraine. The object of this study is to study the trends in the formation and development of infrastructure for ecotourism. The authors consider the current trends in the development of the ecotourism sector and its infrastructure, as one of the fundamental dimensions of sustainable development.
Purpose. In the review of literature sources the definition of “ecotourism” and “infrastructure” is analyzed, the discussion questions raised by domestic and foreign scientists on the research topic, the experience of solving problematic issues are studied. A critical assessment of the intensification of ecotourism development is given in view of the existing contradictions in the definition of positive and negative factors. Among the research methods the authors used abstract-logical to study the genesis of basic concepts, knowledge of their essence and features; bibliographic for the study and development of scientific sources on the infrastructure of ecotourism, analysis and synthesis to identify cause-and-effect relationships and patterns, correlation for the study of infrastructure of ecotourism and determine the effectiveness.
Results. The results of the study, calculated by regression analysis, show that the coefficient of determination R-square indicates a 92% relationship between the studied indicators. The coefficient of variable X1 (0.944) indicates the impact of the costs of tourism entities on the services of third parties used in the production of tourism products within the obtained model on the income from the provision of tourism services with a weight of 0.944. With the help of graphical analysis the final formula of linear regression, R-square, trend equation and efficiency of the studied regions of the country are considered. The growing dynamics of 2017-2019 in the number of tourism entities was noted.
Conclusions. The practical significance of this study is that the results of this work can be used as a reference material for students of this topic, including businesses, scientists, educators and other stakeholders.
Keywords: ecotourism; infrastructure; regression analysis; efficiency; conceptual approach.
- Gaston, J. (2020) Arctic Ocean Islands. Encyclopedia of the World’s Biomes, 83-100. doi: 10.1016/B978-0-12-409548-9.11769-5.
- Higham, J., & Lück, M. (2007). Ecotourism: Pondering the paradoxes. Critical issues in ecotourism: Understanding a complex tourism phenomenon, 117-135.
- Lesik I. (2020). Assessment of Transport Infrastructure Development Level of Ukraine. Modern Economics, 23(2020), 95-101. doi: 10.31521/modecon.V23(2020)-15.
- Lesik I.M. & Lesik M.A. (2020). Digitalization as an element of environmental tourism infrastructure. Tezy dopovidej XIII Mizhnarodnoi naukovo-praktychnoi konferentsii [Abstracts of XIII International Scientific and Practical Conference], Sotsial’na funktsiia nauky, vykladannia ta navchannia, [Social function of science, teaching and learning]. Bordeaux : France, 509-512 doi: 10.46299/ISG.2020.II.XIII [in Ukrainian].
- Lesik, I., Bobrovska, N., Bilichenko, O., Dranus, L., Lykhach, V., Dranus, V., … & Nazarenko, I. (2020). Assessment of management efficiency and infrastructure development of Ukraine. Management Science Letters, 10(13), 3071-3080. doi: 10.5267/j.msl.2020.5.016.
- Liang, K. Y., & Zeger, S. L. (1993). Regression analysis for correlated data. Annual review of public health, 14(1), 43-68. doi: 10.1146/annurev.pu.14.050193.000355.
- Mbaiwa, J. E. (2017). Poverty or riches: who benefits from the booming tourism industry in Botswana?. Journal of Contemporary African Studies, 35(1), 93-112. doi: 10.1080/02589001.2016.1270424.
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. (1995). About tourism (Act No. 324/95-VR, September 15). Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/324/95 [in Ukrainian].
- Weaver, D. B. (2002). The evolving concept of ecotourism and its potential impacts. International Journal of Sustainable Development, 5(3), 251-264. doi: 10.1504/IJSD.2002.003753.
- Weaver, D. B. & Lawton, L. J. (2007). Twenty years on: The state of contemporary ecotourism research. Tourism management, 28(5), 1168-1179. doi: 10.1016/j.tourman.2007.03.004.
- Lesik, I. M. (2019). Innovative infrastructure development and sustainable industrialization. Scientific Bulletin of Ivano-Frankivsk National Technical University of Oil and Gas (Series: Economics and Management in the Oil and Gas Industry), (1(19), 109–116. 10.31471/2409-0948-2019-1(19)-109-116.
- Tarasova, V.V. Kovalevskaya, I.M. (2012). Graphic method of distribution of objects of the population. Bulletin of ZhSTU, 1 (59), 216-
- Travel company in Ukraine in 2018: Statistical bulletin. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kiev. 2019. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua. [in Ukrainian].
- Travel company in Ukraine in 2019: Statistical bulletin. State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Kiev. 2020. URL: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua. [in Ukrainian].
Received: 11 November 2020
How to quote this article?
|Lesik I., Lesik M. (2020). Infrastructure Support of the Ecotourism Sphere. Modern Economics, 24(2020), 100-106. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V24(2020)-16.|