JEL Classіfіcatіon: F52, H56.
Ventskovskyy Dmytro, PhD in Economics, Senior Research Fellow, Depute Head of the Economic Security Department, National Institute for Strategic Studies, Kyiv, Ukraine
Malynovskyy Yuriy, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor of the Department of Management and International Business, Lviv Polytechnic National University, Lviv, Ukraine
Malynovska Yuliia, PhD in Economics, Assistant of the Department of Foreign Trade and Customs, Lviv Polytechnic National University, Lviv, Ukraine
Ruda Mariana, PhD in Economics, Associate Professor of the Department of Foreign Trade and Customs, Lviv Polytechnic National University, Lviv, Ukraine
Institutional Mechanisms of Strengthening Economic Security of Ukraine in Terms of Development of Integration Processes
Introduction. International transformations pose serious threats to the economic security of Ukraine, the source of which is the commitment of the domestic foreign economic course to the monophocous model of development of trade and economic relations. The determining role in these processes is played by the current state of foreign-policy relations Purpose. The purpose of this article is to substantiate the problems and ways of ensuring economic security of Ukraine.
Results. In the article, attention was paid to threats to economic security. The influence of the main threats such as the lack of sustainable development impulse has been highlighted and analyzed; “disease of Holland” of the national economy; vulnerability of macroeconomic stability to current changes in the foreign trade sphere; unsatisfactory internal environment response to external challenges; foreign trade sphere, as a flank of the hybrid war.
Conclusions. As a result of the research, it has been established that the concentration of efforts in the international struggle for the formation of new regional centers for the location of production facilities, the transition to proactive mechanisms for promoting national economic interests in the international arena, formation of high-precision focus groups of regional priorities, modernization of the concept of carrying out trade missions for exporters, development of new forms of export promotion, activating the role of the state in relation to the rights and opportunities of protecting the interests of exporters will increase the economic security.
Keywords: economic security of the state, national interests, challenges, threats, institutional mechanisms.
- Biloshkurs’ka, N. V. (2013). “Economic and organizational mechanism of formation of economic security of the enterprise: principles of construction, functions, structure”. Ekonomika ta derzhava, vol. 12, pp. 24-29.
- Vasyl’tsiv, T. H. (2011). “Generalization of the conceptual foundations of economic security of the enterprise”. Naukovyj visnyk NLTU Ukrainy, vol. 21.2, pp. 153-158.
- Korobchyns’kyj, O. L. (2009). “Methodology of forming the system of economic security of the enterprise”. Aktual’ni problemy ekonomiky, vol. 4 (94), pp. 41-45.
- Pojda-Nosyk, N. N. (2011). “The essence of financial security of entrepreneurs and their role in ensuring national economic security”. Visnyk ZhDTU, vol. 1 (55), pp. 340—342.
- International Monetary Fund (2018). GLOBAL POLICY AGENDA UPDATE. IMF, available at: http://www.imf.org/~/media/Files/Publications/PP/GPA/2018/pdf/sm2018-gpa-041918.ashx (Accessed 01 November 2018).
- State Fiscal Service of Ukraine (2018). Mytna statystyka zovnishnjoji torghivli [Customs statistics of foreign trade], available at: http://sfs.gov.ua/ms (Accessed 01 November 2018).
- World Trade Organization (2018). DS512: Russia – Measures Concerning Trafficin Transit, available at: https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/dispu_e/ cases_e/ds512_e.htm (Accessed 01 November 2018).
- World Trade Organization (2018). DS544: United States – Certain Measureson Steel and Aluminium Products, available at: https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/ dispu_e/cases_e/ds530_e.htm (Accessed 01 November 2018).
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2018). Nacionaljni ekonomichni interesy na mizhnarodnij areni [National economic interests in the international arena], available at: ukrstat.gov.ua (Accessed 01 November 2018).
- Ministry of Economic Development and Trade of Ukraine (2018). Minekonomrozvytku prodovzhuje pidghotovku do pidpysannja Ughody ASAA [The Ministry of Economic Development continues to prepare for the signing of the ACAA], available at: http://www.me.gov.ua/News/Detail?lang=uk-UA&id=81e80461-136b-4c87-bfb4-af6f5d06750b&title=MinekonomrozvitkuProdovzhuPidgotovkuDoPidpisanniaUgodiAsaa (Accessed 01 November 2018).
- CFTA – Continental Free Trade Area (2018). available at: https://au.int/en/ti/cfta/about (Accessed 01 November 2018).
- The Organization of American States (2018). available at: http://www.oas.org/en/ (Accessed 01 November 2018).
- Inter-American Development Bank (2018). available at: https://www.iadb.org/en (Accessed 01 November 2018).
- Grigoreva, E. and Garifova, L. (2015). “The Economic Security of the State: The Institutional Aspect”, Procedia Economics and Finance, vol. 24, pp. 266-273. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S2212-5671(15)00658-9 (Accessed 01 November 2018).
- Korol, I. and Poltorak, A. (2018). “Financial risk management as a strategic direction for improving the level of economic security of Ukraine”, Baltic Journal of Economic Studies, vol. 4(2018), no. 1, pp. 235-241. DOI: https://doi.org/10.30525/2256-0742/2018-4-1-235-241 (Accessed 01 November 2018).
- Sirenko, N. Baryshevskaya, I. Poltorak, A. and Shyshpanova, N. (2018). “State and tendencies of intergovernmental regulation in Ukraine in conditions of fiscal decentralization”, Financial and credit activity: problems of theory and practice, vol. 2, no. 25 (2018), pp.157-164. DOI: https://doi.org/10.18371/fcaptp.v2i25.136489 (Accessed 01 November 2018).
- Koshkina, I. and Sharamko, M. (2015). “Economic Security and Internal Control of the Academic Research Projects”, Procedia – Social and Behavioral Sciences, vol. 214, pp. 858-865. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2015.11.741 (Accessed 01 November 2018).
Received: 24 October 2018
How to quote this article?
|Ventskovskyy, D., Malynovskyy, Y., Malynovska, Y. & Ruda, M. (2018). Institutional mechanisms of strengthening economic security of Ukraine in terms of development of integration processes. Modern Economics, 12, 34-40. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V12(2018)-05.|