JEL Classification: Е02, І31, О13, Q01
Lunkina T., Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Finance, Banking and Insurance, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
ORCID ID: https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7252-3239
Shyroka A., applicant for higher education of Accounting and Finance faculty, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
LOCAL SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY IN THE AGRARIAN SECTOR OF UKRAINE
Introduction. The emergence of social responsibility in Ukrainian society inevitably leads to its spread to all areas of the national economy, including the agrarian sector. At this stage, the state’s formation, along with power decentralization, the development of local social responsibility of agrarian enterprises, can become the basis for solving social and economic problems.
Purpose. The main objective of the research is to determine the peculiarities of the development of local social responsibility in agrarian enterprises of Ukraine.
Results. The article is devoted to the essence and features of social responsibility in the agrarian sector of Ukraine. The theoretical and practical aspects of social responsibility are explored and the specifics and features of the formation of social responsibility in the agrarian sector are determined. It was determined that local social responsibility of agrarian enterprises is manifested through external and internal factors of influence. The external aspects of local social responsibility (CSR) include interaction with the community, impact on the natural environment, society. The internal aspects of local social responsibility (CSR) include positive interaction with employees of the enterprise, ecologization of production, use of resource-saving technologies. The directions of local social responsibility of agrarian business are presented. Constrained factors of social responsibility implementation and its benefits for the agrarian sector have been formed. The priority directions of development of social responsibility in the agrarian sector of the economy and the advantages that the agrarian business receives from the introduction of LSR are presented.
Conclusions. In the process of social responsibility implementation both agrarian enterprises and society as a whole receive positive benefits. However, there are a number of important problems that hamper the development of social responsibility and local social responsibility of agrarian enterprises. In case of their untimely solution it is possible to have negative consequences for both society and agrarian business of Ukraine as a whole.
Keywords: social responsibility, local social responsibility, agrarian business, agrarian enterprises, economic development, strategy.
- Buyan, O. A. (2013), “Approaches to the assessment of the effectiveness of corporate social responsibility in Ukraine”, Visny`k Dnipropetrovs`kogo universy`tetu, vol. 6 (2), pp. 159-165.
- Dudkin, O. V. (2010), “Transformation of the essence of corporate social responsibility in the conditions of economic instability”, Visny`k Sums`kogo nacional`nogo agrarnogo universy`tetu. Seriya “Ekonomika ta menedzhment”, vol. 5/1, pp. 150-155.
- Integrated Strategy for the Development of Agriculture and Rural Areas for 2015-2020 [Online], available at: http://minagro.gov.ua/node/16015 (Accessed 20 June 2018).
- Zinchenko, A. G. and Sapry`kina, M. A. (2010), Korporaty`vna social`na vidpovidal`nist` 2005-2010 : stan ta perspekty`vy` rozvy`tku [Corporate Social Responsibility 2005-2010: State and Development Prospects], Farbovany`j ly`st, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Petrushenko, Yu. M. and Dudkin, O. V. (2009), „Formation of the Institute of Positive Social Responsibility”, Naukovi praci Donecz`kogo nacional`nogo texnichnogo universy`tetu. Seriya : ekonomichna, vol. 37-3, pp.25-31.
- Lazorenko, O. and Koly`shko, R. (2008), Bazova informaciya z korporaty`vnoyi social`noyi vidpovidal`nosti [Basic Information on Corporate Social Responsibility ], Energiya, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Moroz, O. S. (2013), „Social responsibility of business in Ukraine: problems and solutions”, Ekonomika promy`slovosti, vol. 4 (64), pp.135-143.
- Forum social`no vidpovidal`nogo biznesu [Online], available at: http://svb.org.ua (Accessed 20 June 2018).
- Bowen, H. R. (1953), Social responsibilities of the businessman, Harper&Row, N. Y, USA.
- The Social Responsibility of Business is to Increase its Profits by Milton Friedman [Online], available at: https://is.gd/tvHyWj (Accessed 20 June 2018).