|JEL Classification: G18; M 30
Kovalenko Victoria, Doctor of Economics, Professor, Professor, Department of Banking, Odessa National University of Economics, Ukraine
Marketing Banking Communications in the Conditions of Digitalization of Economy of Ukraine
Abstract. Introduction. Realization of economic shocks and geopolitical risks changed the strategy of development of domestic banks, actualizing the task of developing new products aimed at ensuring the profitability and sustainability of the banking business. Digitalization of Ukraine’s economy poses new challenges for banks to develop and promote new Internet services and digital marketing communications.
Purpose. The main purpose of the study is to deepen the theoretical and methodological foundations and to monitor the risks of project financing in the current conditions of development of the national economy.
Results. The article focuses on identifying problems in the use of marketing tools for banking innovations in the digitalization of Ukraine’s economy. It is considered scientific views on the definition of “digital marketing”. The systematization of scientific views on the definition of “digital marketing” gave the author the opportunity to determine that he solves the following tasks: maintaining the brand image; support for bringing a new brand or product to market; raising awareness; sales promotion. The article analyzes the dynamics of digital advertising in Ukraine to deepen the understanding of the extent to which banks are ready to improve the marketing policy of banking communications. An analysis of the costs of marketing and advertising of leading banks in Internet banking has shown that their increase has allowed banks to get a positive return on assets. It is proved that the decision to improve the website of banks, first, should be based on a study of traffic, which testifies to its popularity among consumers of banking products. For modern banks, a promising area of activity for financial institutions is Internet banking and mobile banking in a smartphone.
Conclusions. The author proposes to form the concept of marketing banking communications based on creating a brand to support the identity and image of banks. The brand is an integral part of the product. With the growth of dialogic business communications, a new, financial approach to the brand is formed. In determining the parameters of business processes, it is increasingly beginning to be seen as a specific corporate asset that requires design, development, and investment.
Keywords: banks; marketing; communications; marketing tools; digital marketing; internet banking; brand.
- Monnappa, A. (2020). The history and evolution of Digital Marketing. Retrieved from https://www.simplilearn.com/history-and-evolution-of-digital-marketing-article.
- Girchenko, T., Kossmann, R. (2016). Introduction and development of digital marketing in modern banking. International collection of scientific works “European cooperation”, 2 (19), 68-85 [in Ukrainian].
- Karpishchenko, O. O., Loginova, Y. E. (2012). Digital marketing as an innovative communication tool. Retrieved from http://essuir.sumdu.edu.ua [in Ukr.].
- Aucklander, M. A., Romanenko, O. O. (2015). Specific differences between digital marketing and Internet marketing. Economic Bulletin of NTUU “KPI”. Retrieved from http://ela.kpi.ua/bitstream/123456789/14093/1/54.pdf [in Ukr.].
- Mishchenko, V. , Mishchenko, S. V. (2018). Marketing of digital innovations in the banking services market. Financial space, 1 (29), 75-79 [in Ukrainian].
- Chubukova, O., Martsinovsky, V. (2019). Integrated marketing communications: current issues of theory. Formation of market relations in Ukraine, 6, 67-72 [in Ukrainian].
- Girnyak, V. (2017). Modern marketing tools in the sale of banking products. Scientific Bulletin of the International Humanities University, 23, 55-58 [in Ukrainian].
- Dunas, N. (2017). Development of communication strategies for marketing electronic banking services for individuals. Problems of the economy, 1, 344-350 [in Ukrainian].
- The volume of the advertising and communication market of Ukraine 2019 and the forecast of market volumes for 2020. Expert assessment of the All-Ukrainian Advertising Coalition. Retrieved from http://vrk.org.ua/ad-market/ [in Ukr.].
- Grebenyuk, N.V. (2017). Conceptual principles of strategic management of the bank in terms of transformation processes in the banking system of Ukraine. Scientific Bulletin of NLTU of Ukraine, 27 (7), 65-69 [in Ukrainian].
- Ruban, V.V. (2017). Digital marketing: the role and features of use. Economic Bulletin of the Zaporozhye State Engineering Academy, 22 (08), 20-25 [in Ukrainian].
- Grouped balance sheets (2020). National Bank of Ukraine.URL: https: //bank.gov.ua/statistic/supervision-statist/data-supervision#5 [in Ukr.].
- Find Website Traffic, Statistics, and Analytics (2020). Alexa. Retrieved from alexa.com/siteinfo.
- Individuals using the internet for internet banking (2020). European Commission. Retrieved from tps://ec.europa.eu/ eurostat/tgm/table.do?tab=table&init=1&language=en&pcode=tin00099&plugin=1 (Last accessed: 19.06.2020).
- Ukrainians choose digital devices and services for payments: 87% prefer smartphone payments – Mastercard survey (2020). Retrieved from https://newsroom.mastercard.com/eu/uk/press-releases/digitalization-trust-survey/ [in Ukr.].
Received: 10 June 2020
How to quote this article?
|Kovalenko, V. (2020). Marketing Banking Communications in the Conditions of Digitalization of Economy of Ukraine. Modern Economics, 21(2020), 115-121. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V21(2020)-18.|