JEL Classification: С10; С15; С60.
Mentey O., Candidate of Economics, Associate Professor, Department of Statistics and Economic Analysis, Kharkiv National Agrarian University named after VV Dokuchaev, Kharkiv, Ukraine
METHODS OF STATISTICS IN ANALYSIS OF ECONOMIC ACTIVITY
Introduction. In current economic conditions, the use of statistical methods in the analysis of the enterprise’s economic activity becomes especially relevant. Since the numerical specifications of the analyzed mass phenomena obtained by means of statistical methods allow to have an objective and comprehensive understanding of the nature of causal relationships between them and to obtain reliable parameters for justification of directions of socio-economic strategy, results estimation and forecasting of development of administrative decisions. That is why the use of statistical methods in the analysis of the enterprise economic activity becomes especially relevant, since the quantitative characteristics of the analyzed mass phenomena obtained by means of statistical methods allow us to have an objective and comprehensive view of the nature of causal relationships between them.
Purpose. The purpose of this study is to consolidate and systematize the statistical methods used in the analysis of economic activity.
Results. In the context of globalization, the demand for financial information is very high. Today, the decision which is made in most businesses requires some informational support. Usually, the source of information for making managerial decisions is the enterprise’s financial reporting. The analysis of scientific literature for solving this problem has shown that at the current stage of economic reform, the introduction of commercialization, the need for managerial decision efficiency in calculating and forecasting options for possible areas of production activity of individual enterprises is growing. And it is virtually impossible to do without implying economic and mathematical methods in the analytical studies.
Conclusions. All things considered, statistical methods provide a profound and detailed analysis of economic activity. The choice of a particular method depends on the set of factors, as well as on the availability of output data and research tasks. However, systematic use of methods provides the most complete disclosure of the essence, patterns and trends of economic processes.
Keywords: statistics, information, method, analysis of economic activity, forecast, regularity.
- Horkavyj, V. K. Mentej, O. S. and Yarova, V. V. (2014), Ahrarna statystyka [Agrarian statistics], Khark. nats. ahrar. un-t im. V.V. Dokuchayeva, Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- Horkavyj, V. K. and Mentej, O. S. (2015), “Use of methods of mathematical statistics in the management of socio-economic processes”, Visnyk KhNAU, 1, pp. 129-139.
- Barkov, Ya. (1999), “Methods of analysis of indicators and development trends”, Ekonomika Ukrainy, vol. 8, pp. 90-92.
- Diehtiar, A. (2002), “The use of statistical methods in the process of forecasting the consequences of government-management decisions”, Visnik UADU, vol. 4, pp. 47-51.
- Druzhynyn, N. (1978), “Statistics and econometrics”, Vestnyk statystyky, vol. 12, pp. 50-58.
- Opria, A. T. (2000), “To develop statistical methodology in agrarian-economic research”, Ekonomika APK, vol. 4, pp. 58-60.
- Sklyarova, I. S. (2013), “Improvement of the methodology of financial reporting preparation”, Naukovyj visnyk Khersons’koho derzhavnoho universytetu «Upravlinnia rozvytkom», vol. 15(155), pp. 83-85.
- Zemytan, H., “Methods of forecasting the financial condition of the organization”, [Online], available at: http://www.iteam.ru/publications/finances/section_29/article_408/ (Accessed 20 April 2018).
- “E-conomic online accounting in brief”, [Online], available at: http://www.e-conomic.co.uk/accountingsystem/glossary/current-assets (Accessed 20 April 2018).
- Guidelines On Accounting Policy For Valuation Of Assets Of Government Trading Enterprises. Using Current Valuation Methods. Available at: http://www.pc.gov.au/research/completed/deprival/deprival.pdf (Accessed 20 April 2018).