Nestoryshen Ihor, Candidate of Economics Sciences, Associate Professor, Leading Researcher of the Department for the Study of Problems of Customs Control Organization, Research Center for Customs Affairs of the Research Institute for Fiscal Policy at the University of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine
Turzhanskyi Vitalii, Candidate of Economics Sciences, Associate Professor, Leading Researcher of the Department for the Study of Problems of Customs Control Organization, Research Center for Customs Affairs of the Research Institute for Fiscal Policy, University of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine
Berezhnyuk Ivan, head of the customs clearance post customs-3 «West» Kyiv City Customs of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine
METHODS RATING EVALUATION FACILITATION OF INTERNATIONAL TRADE IN UKRAIN
The article noted the need for facilitation of international trade as one of the determining factors of economic growth in the world economy. The authors emphasized that trade facilitation is a determining factor in the international economic environment, which appeared as a continuous multilateral negotiations on trade within the World Trade Organization.
Purpose. The article aims to study evaluation of facilitation of international trade according to international rankings and ranking Ukraine in facilitating international trade.
Results. Considerable influence in shaping international trade rules was the adoption of the WTO Agreement on the facilitation of international trade, which provides further facilitation of international trade by reducing customs inspections and checks, speeding the release of goods, self-imposing economic operators customs security clearance of goods and vehicles in the territory authorized operator or elsewhere, so let customs.
Conclusion. The study indicated that the assessment methodology facilitation of international trade is the subject of research of many international organizations, which offer different approaches and methods. In modern conditions there are a number of international rankings that assess the level of facilitation of international trade at the national level and burden of law based on different definitions and methods. The most famous of them are: ease of doing business index (Ease of Doing Business Index) Logistics Performance Index (LPI), The Global Enablіng Trade Іndex (ETI) of the World Economic Forum. The authors investigated the place of Ukraine in the international rankings in terms of trade facilitation in the field of foreign trade. Depth analysis of index components allow to identify common problems in Ukraine in the regulation of international trade due to the large bureaucracy, lack of adequate internal and inter-agency cooperation and administrative workload of customs procedures.
Keywords: facilitation of international trade, international rankings, Ease of Doіng Busіness Іndex, Logіstіc Performance Іndex, The Global Enablіng Trade Іndex.
JEL Classification: C10; F17; F40; F47.
- Agreement on Trade Facilitation [Ministerial Decision of 7 December 2013], available at: https://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/minist_e/mc9_e/desci36_e.htm (Accessed 12 June 2017).
- The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (2015), The Law of Ukraine “On ratification of Protocol on amendments to the Marrakesh Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organization”, available at: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/745-19 (Accessed 13 June 2017).
- World Bank Group Flagship Report International Bank for Reconstruction and Development «Doing Business 2017», “Comparing Business Regulation for Domestic Firms in 190Economies”, The World Bank, Р. 356.
- The Logіstіcs Performance Іndex and Іts Іndіcators, “Jean-Francoіs Arvіs, Danіel Saslavsky”, The Іnternatіonal Bank for Reconstructіon and Development, The World Bank, Washіngton, DC 20433, 2016, Р. 76.
- Kolesnykov, V. I. Kozlov, G. P. and Ivanov, I. I. (2014), “The main directions of socio-economic development of rural territories of Ukraine”, Ahrosvit, vol. 16, pp. 81–85.
- Berezhniuk I. H. ta inshi (2013), “Current issues of theory and practice of customs”, Derzhavnyj naukovo-doslidnyj instytut mytnoi spravy, PP Mel’nyk A.A., 428 р.
- The Global Enabling Trade Report 2016, World Economic Forum and the Global Alliance for Trade Facilitation, Р. 342.