Chernyavs’ka Iryna, PhD (Economics), Associate Professor of the Department of Economics and Industry engineering, Dniprovsk State Technical University, Kamianske, Ukraine
Organizational Support for Industrial Restructuring at Metallurgical Enterprises
Abstract. Introduction. The scientific provisions concerning the management and coordination of structural changes, the reformation and restructuring of domestic industrial enterprises are sufficiently substantiated in the scientific works of well-known foreign and domestic scientists. In addition to the transformational models that offer a specific sequence of restructuring steps aimed at adjusting the enterprise, in the theory and practice of management, in recent years, many approaches have been developed to provide restructuring aimed at the development of the enterprise. However, the theoretical basis for the emergence of the need for industrial restructuring, in particular in the metallurgical industry, has certain gaps. To date, the problem of the modernization of production, restructuring of the industrial, organizational, managerial structures of metallurgical enterprises has become extremely acute. The solution of problematic issues requires the introduction of changes to the tools for ensuring priority directions of transformation transformations, construction of models for the development of the metallurgical enterprise. The research focused on the problem of ensuring the industrial restructuring of the metallurgical enterprise from the point of view of determining the organizational efficiency.
The purpose of the study is to improve the methodology for determining the effectiveness of industrial restructuring, aimed at the development of metallurgical enterprises. In order to achieve this goal, the scientific works of domestic scientists on the mentioned problem were analyzed. The statistical data of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine served as the basis for analysis. Theoretical and methodological basis of work is a set of principles and methods of scientific research: the principle of systematization and theoretical generalization, methods of comparative analysis, structural and functional analysis.
Results of the influence of factors hindering the implementation of transformational transformations in metallurgical enterprises are analyzed. The indicators of activity of industrial enterprises, in particular, enterprises of the metallurgical industry, are investigated and systematized; the indicators of the dynamics of transformation and structural changes of industrial enterprises of Ukraine are determined. The methodical approach to modeling the development of an industrial enterprise based on the provision of restructuring is proposed.
Conclusions. The development of the metallurgical industry is the basis for increasing the sustainability of the national economy and the quality of life of the population of the industrial regions of the country. Scientific research shows that one of the main factors in the development of industrial enterprises is the reduction of resistance to changes and the implementation of restructuring mechanisms for industrial enterprises. Accordingly, there are many approaches to implementing transformational changes that involve the use of tools and methods for organizing activities in order to ensure optimization of economic activity. In this study, the degree of activity of metallurgical enterprises in terms of the transformation transformations carried out was analyzed. The analysis show that the share of industrial enterprises, where the processes of reorganization took place, remain low. The implementation of the methodological approach to modeling the development of an industrial enterprise on the basis of the restructuring provided in this study will increase the competitiveness of the steel enterprise.
Keywords: metallurgical industry; industrial enterprise; restructuring; efficiency; development.
- Aistova, M. D. (2002). Restrukturizatsiya predpriyatiy: Voprosyi upravleniya. Strategiya, koordinatsiya strukturnyih parametrov, snizhenie soprotivlenie izmeneniyam [Enterprise Restructuring: Management Issues. Strategy, coordination of structural parameters, reduction of resistance to change]. Moscow: Alpina Pablisher [in Russ.].
- Andrushkov, B., Kirich, N. & Pohaydak O. (2012). Management of the Processes of Restructuring Industrial Enterprises in Conditions of Economic Reforms. Bulletin of Economic Science of Ukraine, 1, 3-5 [in Ukrainian].
- Cavaco, N. M. & Machado, V. C. (2015). Sustainable competitiveness based on resilience and innovation – An alternative approach. International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management, 10, 155-164. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/17509653.2014.975165.
- Chenash, V. S. (2014). Management of restructuring of industrial enterprises in the conditions of integration processes in the economy (Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis). Economy and management of enterprises (by types of economic activity). Khmelnitsky [in Ukrainian].
- Chernyavskaya, I. M. (2018). Mechanisms of the influence of organizational and managerial transformation on the development of industrial enterprises. Economic analysis, 28(2), 200-212 [in Ukrainian].
- Ciburiene, J. (2016). The Evaluation of the Economic Development Index of Poland and Lithuania in the context of the European Union. Equilibrium Quarterly Journal of Economics and Economic Policy, 11 (3), 437-449. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.12775/EQUIL.2016.020.
- Grenev, V. I., Irikov, V. A. etc. (1998). Reform and restructuring of the enterprise. Methodology and experience. Moscow: PRIOR [in Russ.].
- Kondratiev, V. V. & Krasnov, V. B. (2000). Restructuring of company management. Moscow: INFRA-M [in Russ.].
- Kovalyova, O. V. (2017). Structural Policy as a Mechanism for the Transformation of Economics. Modern Economics, 1, 85-93.
- Lemish, K. M. (2010). Fundamentals of the formation of a mechanism for the restructuring of industrial enterprises. Economy and region, 25, 111-115 [in Ukrainian].
- Majorchenko, V. N. Romanenko, A. A. & Syrotenko, V. A. (2012). Analysis of the state and technical re-equipment, modernization and introduction of the latest technologies at the enterprises of the MMC of Ukraine. Mining Metallurgical Industry, 6, 131-134 [in Ukrainian].
- Mazur, I. I. & Shapiro, V. D. (2000). Restructuring of enterprises and companies. Moscow: Higher school [in Russ.].
- Mazur, V. & Tymoshenko, A. (2012). Current economic issues in the metallurgical industry of Ukraine. Economy of Ukraine, 6, 13-24.
- Report on the socio-economic situation in Ukraine (January-November 2018). Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2019/dop/01/dop_112018.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Repushevskaya, Yu. O. (2018). Analysis of methods for evaluating the value of enterprises undergoing restructuring. Modern Economics, 12, 173-178. https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V12(2018)-26 [in Ukrainian].
- Siddique, S. P. & Sciulli, N. (2018). Sustainable development of small companies: Investors’ perspectives. Business Strategy and the Environment, 27 (8), 1258-1271. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1002/bse.2073.
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/ [in Ukrainian].
- Statistical collection. Ukraine in Figures. 2014 year. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/Arhiv_u/01/Arch_ukr_zb.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Statistical collection. Ukraine in Figures. 2015 year. Retrieved from http://istmat.info/files/uploads/53010/ukraina_v_cifrah_2015.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Statistical collection. Ukraine in Figures. 2016 year. Retrieved from ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/publ1_u.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Statistical collection. Ukraine in Figures. 2017 year. Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/druk/publicat/kat_u/2018/zb/11/zb_seu2017_en.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Utkin, E. A. Restructuring of enterprises. Moscow: AKALIS [in Russ.].
- Viknaanskaya, O. M. & Roskrut, N.O. Concept of Restructuring of Industrial Enterprises. Retrieved from http://www.rusnauka.com/4_SND_2013/Economics/10_128664.doc.htm [in Ukrainian].
- Zborovskaya, O. M. (2014). Implementation of system management by enterprise activity. Collection of scientific works. Economic Sciences of the National University of Bukovina “Bukovina University”. Chernivtsi: Books – XXI, 66-73 [in Ukrainian].
Received: 22 January 2019
How to quote this article?
|Chernyavska, I. (2019). Organizational Support for Industrial Restructuring at Metallurgical Enterprises. Modern Economics, 13(2019), 259-265. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V13(2019)-40.|