JEL Classification: G10; G21; H12.
Bodretskiy M., Ph.D. in Economics, doctoral student of Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine
PRACTICAL METHODS OF BANKING MANAGEMENT – APPLICATION IN PRACTICE
Introduction. The article presents the latest trends in the development of banking management in Ukraine.
Purpose. The research is aimed at the study of practical methods of banking institutions management in Ukraine.
Results. The results of the research, which prove the determination by most banks of such management methods based on the principles of minimizing operating costs of a banking institution, are proved. The main areas of such a minimization, most banks identified: the involvement of inexperienced staff, increase the level of automation of banking processes, increasing attention to non-price methods of attracting customers. A classification of non-price methods of attracting customers is made. The use of mathematical tools for determining the quality of management by a banking institution is proposed. The article states that in order to prevent the manifestations of crisis phenomena in a banking institution (predictors of which may be: the emergence of a negative spread, loss-making activity of the bank, etc.) it is necessary to have an optimal, economically sound portfolio of practical management methods that can be practically useful for execution on operational and tactical level of managerial decisions of banking management. The article contains the results of the survey of specialists and scientists who took part in the scientific and practical conference “Anti-crisis management of economy and finances”, held in 2017. The main areas of work of the mentioned conference were: search of ways of overcoming of crisis phenomena in economy and finances of Ukraine; definition of strategic aspects of the development of the financial system of the state in the context of the growth of the negative consequences of the growth of tension in international and economic relations; definition of fiscal policy of Ukraine and the impact of its quality on the quality of the banking system in the conditions of stagnation of financial markets, etc.
Conclusions. The result of the survey revealed the most effective management methods currently used in Ukrainian banks.
Keywords: bank, management methods, bank institution, inexperienced state, process automation, practical methods of management.
- Dovgan, Zh. M. (2017), “Fundamentals of Integrated Management of Assets and Liabilities of the Ban”, World Finance, 2 (15), pp. 64-69.
- Pristostka, L. O. Pristostka, O. O. Karcheva, I. Ya. and other (2017), Bankivsʹkyy menedzhment: innovatsiyni kontseptsiyi ta modeli [Banking Management: Innovative Concepts and Models], State Economic University “Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman”, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Vakhnyuk, V. V. (2010), “Orientation of the banking system of Ukraine to prevent long-term crisis phenomena in the economy”, Bulletin of the University of Banking of the National Bank of Ukraine, vol. 3 (9), p. 347.
- Grebenyuk, N. V. (2017), “Conceptual Principles of Strategic Bank Management in Conditions of Transformation Processes in the Banking System of Ukraine”, Scientific Bulletin of the NLTI of Ukraine, vol. 27, no. 7, pp. 65–69.
- Dovgan, L. E. Malik, I. P. Mohonko, G. A. and other (2017), Menedzhment orhanizatsiy [Management of organizations], Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Ford, Henry (1989), Moya zhyznʹ y moy dostyzhenyya [My Life and Work], Finance and Statistics, p. 208.
- Antykryzove upravlinnya ekonomikoyu ta finansamy [Anti-crisis management of economy and finance] (2017), Kyiv Institute of Banking, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Bodritskiy, M. V. (2017), “The problem of the concept of “crisis” and its derivatives in modern scientific researches”, Adaptive management: theory and practice. Series “Economics”, vol. 3 (6).
- Shapoval, V. Y. Gnatenko, O. A. (2018), “Foreign Experience in Enhancing Commercial Bank Competitiveness in the Modern Context”, European Modern Studies Journal, vol. 1, no. 3, pp.10-17.
- Koros, P. M. Prikhodko, N. V. Paschenko, O. V. and other (2015), “Bankivsʹka systema” [Banking System], OLDI-PLYUS, Kherson, Ukraine.
- National Bank of Ukraine (2003), Pro zatverdzhennya Polozhennya pro orhanizatsiyu operatsiynoyi diyalʹnosti v bankakh Ukrayiny [On Approval of the Regulation on the Organization of Operations in Banks of Ukraine], available at: http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0559-03 (Accessed 28 February 2018).
- Kabak, L. V. Ponomarev, V. M. and Toloshny, I. Yu. (2016), “Modeling of an information system for the provision of banking services”, Systemy ta tekhnolohiyi, vol. 1, pp. 27-34.