Krasnyuk Maxim, Ph.D. of Economics, Associate Professor of the Department of Information Systems in Economics, Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman, Kyiv, Ukraine
Hrashchenko Iryna, Ph.D. of Economics, Associate Professor of the Department of Management of Foreign Economic Activity of Enterprises, National Aviation University, Kyiv, Ukraine
Krasniuk Svitlana, Senior Lecturer, Kyiv National University of Technologies and Design, Kyiv, Ukraine
Kustarovskiy Oleksandr, graduate student of the Department of Information Systems in Economics, Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman, Kyiv, Ukraine
Reengineering of a Logistic Company and its Information System Taking into Account Macroeconomic Crisis
Abstract. Introduction. The modern economy is characterized not only by processes of increasing globalization and competition in markets, mobility and internationalization of resources, rapid development of innovative information technologies, but also by rapid spread of crisis phenomena in the middle and between economies – all these factors put forward new requirements for effective corporate governance.
Purpose. Thus, for the sake of stability, not only in the current global market competition, but especially in the context of macroeconomic crisis phenomena, all efficient companies (including logistic) should be able to adapt quickly and efficiently to changes, that is, they must be systemically adaptive.
Results. Taking into account the above-mentioned relevance and results of previous researches of the authors, the methodology of innovative reorganization of the logistic company (LC) was developed through its reengineering within the framework of the implementation of anti-crisis management policy.
It should be noted that an appropriate adequate and effective information system is an integral part of any management system. Therefore, without a relevant, effective and adaptive logistic information system (LIS), management of any logistic company (LC) is difficult to optimally and operatively perform complex management even in normal market, non-crisis conditions. Consequently, the actual purpose of designing a new and / or reengineering existing LIS is to improve the efficiency of functioning of the logistic processes of the enterprise, optimization of all its business processes, taking into account global and sectoral, ordinary and crisis influences.
In the article, considering the industry specificity of the transport industry, the system problems of existing classical logistic systems are investigated and revealed, taking into account the following global trends for 3PL companies: mergers and acquisitions, Big Data problems, the importance of introducing Data Mining technologies for anti-crisis Fraud Detection, the relevance of corporate Knowledge Management technologies.
Taking into account the above-mentioned results and considering the results of the previous author’s research – the comprehensive cross-cutting method of anti-crisis reengineering of forest in crisis macroeconomic phenomena has been developed.
Considering the substantiated (in previous studies of the authors) the relevance and positive effect of the joint, hybrid-script use of Big Data, Data Mining and Knowledge Management technologies, the algorithm of an adaptive knowledge based LIS with the planning and ranking of relevant information flows and management impacts has been developed.
Conclusions. The obtained results are relevant and applicable not only for local logistic companies, but also for international applications in the context of projected global macroeconomic and current national crisis phenomena.
Keywords: crisis management; logistic company; reengineering; information system; knowledge management; Data Mining.
- Richard Partington (2018). IMF warns storm clouds are gathering for next financial crisis. The Gurdian: International edition. Retrieved from https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/dec/11/imf-financial-crisis-david-lipton [in Ukrainian].
- Folinas, D., Tsolakis, N. & Aidonis, D. (2018). Logistics Services Sector and Economic Recession in Greece: Challenges and Opportunities. Logistics, 2, 16. DOI: 3390/logistics2030016.
- Katerna, O. K. (2018). Concept formulation of intelligent management in transport. Modern Economics, 9(2018), 30-42. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V9(2018)-04.
- Krasnyuk, M. & Kustarovskiy, O. (2017). The development of the concept and set of practical measures of anti-crisis logistics management in the current Ukraine conditions. Management theory & practice: Warsaw Management University, 19 (1), 31-38.
- Sytnik, I. V. & Stopochkin, A. I. (2015). The model for the deployment of crisis phenomena in the economy of Ukraine in the context of modern geopolitical transformations. Visnyk KrNU imeni Mykhaila Ostrohradskoho, 6/2015 (95), 9-16 [in Ukrainian].
- Trunina, I. M. (2015). Analysis of the Entrepreneurship Environment in Ukraine. Visnyk KrNU imeni Mykhaila Ostrohradskoho, 4/2015 (93), 116-122 [in Ukrainian].
- Krykavskyi, Ye. V. & Chornopyska, N. V. (2009). Lohistychni systemy [Logistics systems]. Lviv: Vydavnytstvo Natsionalnyi universytet “Lvivska politekhnika” [in Ukrainian].
- Denysenko, M. P., Levkovets, P. R. & Mykhailova, L. I. Orhanizatsiia ta proektuvannia lohistychnykh system [Organization and design of logistic systems]. Kyiv: Tsentr uchbovoi literatury [in Ukrainian].
- Batiuk, A. Ye., Dvulit, Z. P. & Obelovska, K. M. (2004). Informatsiini systemy v menedzhmenti [Information systems in management]. Lviv: Vyd-vo Nats. un-tu “Lvivska politekhnika” [in Ukrainian].
- Matviienko, O. V. & Tsyvin, M. N. (2005). Osnovy menedzhmentu informatsiinykh system [Fundamentals of Information Systems Management]. Kyiv: Tsentr navchalnoi literatury [in Ukrainian].
- Bezukladov, S. V. (2004). Improvement of information technologies of logistic systems on the basis of the principle of optimal structural proportions. APE, 9, 13-20 [in Ukrainian].
- Pytuljak, N. S. (2013). Improving the functioning of logistics information systems. Visnyk Chernighivsjkogho derzhavnogho tekhnologhichnogho universytetu. Serija: Ekonomichni nauky, 2, 152-157 [in Ukrainian].
- Krasniuk, M. T. & Kustarovskyi, O. D. (2017). Problems and prospects of development of Ukrainian logistics and information systems in the conditions of a globalized economy and macroeconomic crisis phenomena. Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid, 10, 34-39 [in Ukrainian].
- Stavros, T. P. & Ntalla, (2015). Crisis management practices and approaches: Insights from major supply chain crises. 3rd Global Conference on Business, Economics, Management & Tourism, Rome, Italy Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/286151963.
- Widera, A., Fonio, Ch. Lechtenberg, S. & Hellingrath, B. (2018). Measuring Innovations in Crisis Management. 15th International Conference on Information Systems for Crisis Response and Management, Rochester, NY Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/325283498_Measuring_Innovations_in_Crisis_Management .
- Herashchenko, I. S., Krasniuk, M. T. & Kustarovskyi, O. D. (2018). Improvement of the economic and mathematical modeling of the results of implementation of individual elements of the adaptive anti-crisis policy of the transport industry companies of Ukraine. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho universytetu Seriia «Ekonomika», 1 (51), 205-211 [in Ukrainian].
- Stavros, T. P., Ntalla, A. & Koronis, E. (2014). Supply chain risk management frameworks and models: A review. Conference: European Academy of Management 2014 Retrieved from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/262915406.
Received: 15 February 2019
How to quote this article?
|Krasnyuk, M., Hrashchenko, I., Krasniuk, S. & Kustarovskiy, O. (2019). Reengineering of a Logistic Company and its Information System Taking into Account Macroeconomic Crisis. Modern Economics, 13(2019), 141-153. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V13(2019)-23.|