Dubinina M., Doctor of Economics, Professor, Professor of the Department of Accounting and Taxation, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
Galkin V., Senior Lecturer of the Department of Accounting and Taxation, Mykolaiv National Agrarian University, Mykolaiv, Ukraine
Trum O., applicant for higher education of Accounting and Finance faculty, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
Vysochanskaya A., applicant for higher education, National Academy of Statistics, Accounting and Audit, Kyiv, Ukraine
Social Account: Foreign and Domestic Experience
Abstract. Introduction. As a result of active changes at the economic market, there is an objective necessity of perfection of the system of account on enterprises. Consideration of concepts “social account” and “social accounting” is actual. It is known that the question of actuality of social account in foreign countries appeared before, than in Ukraine. For today, in our country only part of enterprises apply a social account and fold the social accounting. If an enterprise plans successful work, then a necessity is a grant of the proper attention to social component activity. It follows to pay attention to inputs of the social programs, that will assist the increase of the labour of workers productivity, and as a result – to the increase of effective indexes of production. A social account is based also on introduction of the ecological programs of production.
The conduct of social account provides more careful verification of work of every structure of enterprise. Information that is presented in an unfinancial report is needed both for leading subdivisions and for external users. A social report increases the investment attractiveness of enterprise.
Purpose. Research and comparison of foreign and domestic experience of introduction of social account on enterprises are the purpose of the article . The stages of input of social account and basic principles that is followed by enterprises are subject an estimation.
Results. Research of actuality and efficiency of functioning of social account is based on those benefits, that arise up at an enterprise that develops the social constituent of activity. Due to the systematic monitoring of activity of enterprise, research of degree of social responsibility and social orientation, an enterprise has the opportunity to improve the quality performance indicators. A social account is the effective instrument of management of enterprise social responsibility. As a result of stowage of the unfinancial accounting there is accounting possibility about implementation social programs and leading to of job performances to parties concerned. An enterprise that folds a social report automatically promotes the business reputation among partners, is let in on the ground among competitors and is more advantageous object of investments.
Leaning on experience of foreign countries, there is probability of introduction of the system of social account on the enterprises of our country. Investigating those possibilities, that is opened before an enterprise that conducts a social account, we consider a necessity to develop actuality of increase of social responsibility of enterprises.
Conclusions. It costs to mark that analysing foreign experience of functioning of the system of social account and social accounting, it is possible to draw conclusion, that for Ukraine these concepts are new sufficiently. Insignificant part of enterprises of our state folds and gives the social accounting. It is explained by a vagueness on by absence of corresponding standards and requirements. However, the self functioning of social account opens new possibilities before an enterprise.
Keywords: social account; unfinancial accounting; social accounting; social control; account.
- Bezverkhyy, K. (2015). Socially-oriented reporting of enterprises. Accounting and Audit, 2-3, 70-78 [in Ukrainian].
- Butinet, F. F. (2014). Modern accounting and control: problems of development. Zhytomyr: PE “Ruta” [in Ukrainian].
- Zhigley, I. V. (2010). Accounting of social responsibility of business entities: necessity and orientation of development. Zhytomyr: ZhDTU [in Ukrainian].
- Dhaliwal, D. S., Tsang, A., Radhakrishnan, S. & Yang, Y. G. (2012). Nonfinancial Disclosure and Analyst Forecast Accuracy. International Evidence on Corporate Social Responsibility Disclosure, 3. 723-759. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.2308/accr-10218.
- Eccles, R. G., Krzus, M. P. & Serafeim, G. (2011). Market Interest in Nonfinancial Information. Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, 4, 113-127. DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-6622.2011.00357.x.
- Sokolov, Ya.V. (1985). History of accounting development. Finance and Statistics, 367 [in Ukrainian].
- Gunayeva, N. (2004). International standards in the field of social responsibility. Standards and quality, 10.61-65 [in Ukrainian].
- Directive 2014/95 / EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 22 October 2014 amending Directé 2013/34 / EU on the disclosure of non-financial and diversity information by certain large enterprises and groups. Retrieved from http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legalcontent/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=OJ:L:2014:330:FULL&from=EN#L_2014330EN.01000101.doc.
- Directive 2006/34 / EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 26 June 2013 on annual financial statements, consolidated financial statements and related reports of certain types of undertakings, amending Directive 2006/43 / EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of the Council and repealing Council Directives 78/660 / EEC and 83/34 9 / EEC. Retrieved from http://www.oroc.pt/fotos/editor2/diretivacont.pdf.
- Nikolaeva, D. (2009). Introduction of Mandatory Social Reporting. Corporate Social Responsibility. Retrieved from http://www.csrjournal.com/news/1806-minjekonomikivchera-zajavilo-o-vozmozhnom-s-2009.html [in Ukrainian].
- Butinets, T.A., Davidyuk, T.V., Zhigley, I. V. & Zamula, I. V. (2012). Development of the science of accounting and economic control: ensuring sustainable development of the Ukrainian economy. Zhytomyr: ZhDTU [in Ukrainian].
- Blakita, A. V. & Polyak, R. S. (2015). Non-financial reporting as a tool for assessing social responsibility of business. Scientific Herald of Kherson State University, 15 (4), 126-129. Retrieved from http://www.ej.kherson.ua/journal/economic_15/4/32.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Strategy to Promote the Development of Corporate Social Responsibility in Ukraine until 2020. Retrieved from file:///C:/Users/ASUS/Desktop/Нова%20cтаття/201309_strategiya_spriyannya_ rozvitku_svb_v_ukrayini.pdf [in Ukrainian].
Received: 14 February 2019
How to quote this article?
|Dubinina, M., Galkin, V., Trum, O. & Vysochanskaya, A. (2019). Social Account: Foreign and Domestic Experience. Modern Economics, 13(2019), 85-89. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V13(2019)-13.|