JEL Classification: А13.
Hrystenko О., Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor of the Department of Economics of Enterprises, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
Krasovskaya N., Master student of the faculty of Management, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
SOCIO-ECONOMIC CONSEQUENCES OF DEVELOPMENT OF REGIONS OF UKRAINE IN TERMS OF REFORMING THE ADMINISTRATIVE AND TERRITORIAL STRUCTURE
Introduction. The problem of reforming the territorial structure of Ukraine is current and significant. Although during the time of independence a number of projects have been formed, but unfortunately the problem remains unresolved. The region must not only provide benefits, but also create the necessary comfortable environment, attract the necessary resources, while ensuring their effective use, create the proper conditions for increasing socio-economic development.
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to study the state of socio-economic development of regions and changes in the context of reforming the administrative and territorial structure, explaining the problems of the territorial structure of Ukraine, as well as the directions of its legal, democratic and economic improvement and development.
Results. The models of reforming the administrative and territorial structure (ATS), the approaches to administrative and territorial reform, as well as the stages of reforming the ATS on the basis of decentralization are explored. The ways of transformation of relations in the field of management of social and economic development between central and regional authorities are presented. The article analyzes the rating of social and economic conditions of regions of Ukraine according to certain indicators. The obstacles in the administrative and territorial reform, as well as the socio-economic and legal consequences expected during the reform, are identified.
Conclusions. One of the main problems of the regional economy is the search for options for the stability and prosperity of the socio-economic development of the territories, and overcoming and eliminating the signs of their depression. In order to do this, it is necessary to study the socio-economic consequences of the reform process. The main obstacle in overcoming the disbalanced development of the territories is the disproportionality of the administrative and territorial structure of the state, which needs to identify the well-founded ways of reforming.
Keywords: region, regionalization, socio-economic development, administrative and territorial structure, territorial administration, reform.
- Kresin, I. O. Kovalenko, A. A. and Whitman, K. M. (2009), Administratyvno-terytorialna reforma v Ukraini : polityko-pravovi problemy [Administrative and territorial reform in Ukraine: political and legal problems]: Logos, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Vermenich, Ya. (2014), Istorychna rehionalistyka [Historical regionalism], Institute of History of Ukraine, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Groysman, V. (2017), “The number of subsidized budgets has decreased by 25%. TVi, February 24, 2017”, available at: http://tvi.ua/novini/kilkist-dotacijnih-byudzhetiv-znizilas-na-25-grojsman.html (Accessed 25 January 2018).
- Voronin, V. Ie. and Jalil, Ia. A. (2010), Derzhavne upravlinnia rehionalnym rozvytkom Ukrainy [State administration of regional development of Ukraine], Kyiv, Ukraine.
- State Statistics Committee of Ukraine (2017), available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua (Accessed 25 January 2018).
- Kotikova, O. I. (2016), “State regulation of the economy and economic policy: lecture notes”, MNAU, pp. 106-107.
- Kotikova, O. I. (2009), “Methodological approaches to the formation of the concept of sustainable development”, Visnyk ahrarnoi nauky Prychornomoria, [Online], vol. 2 (49), available at: http://www.mnau.edu.ua/vestnik/visnik_2009-2(49).pdf#page=42 (Accessed 25 January 2018).
- Kulik, V. V. (2011), “Modern Problems of Improvement of State Regulation of Socioeconomic Processes”, Biznes inform, 5, pp. 21-23.
- Kuchabskyi, O. G. (2010), Administratyvno-terytorialna orhanizatsiia Ukrainy : teoriia, metodolohiia, mekhanizmy stanovlennia [Administrative and territorial organization of Ukraine: theory, methodology, mechanisms of formation], LRIDU NADU, Lviv, Ukraine.
- Lisovyi, A. V. (2010), “Administrative and territorial reformation of the regions of Ukraine”, Aktualni problemy rozvytku ekonomiky rehionu, 6, pp. 80-90.
- Novik, V. P. (2008), “Reforming of the administrative and territorial system in the context of constitutional reform in Ukraine”, Aktualni problemy konstytutsiinoho prava ta derzhavotvorennia, 101.
- Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2017), “Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine “On Approval of the State Strategy for Regional Development for the period up to 2020””, available at: http://zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/385-2014-%D0%BF (Accessed 25 January 2018).
- “Modern models of improving the administrative-territorial structure of Ukraine: comparative analysis” (2017), available at: http://www.visnyk-nanu.kiev.ua/suchasni-modelivdoskonalennya-administrativno-teritorialnogo-ustroyu-ukraini-porivnyalnij-analiz/ (Accessed 25 January 2018)