JEL Classification: C 13, C40, І 21, H 54.
Panasenko Inna, Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Associate Professor at the Department of Statistics Kyiv National Economic University named after Vadym Hetman, Kyiv, Ukraine
Activity of the controlling function of calculation accounts by suppliers and contractors
Introduction. In the conditions of the development and development of the knowledge economy, developed countries are paying increasing attention to education as a factor of the country’s economic growth. The Ukrainian education system has a number of problems – an outdated material and technical base, slow implementation of reforms, imperfect mechanisms for allocating funds, places of state order for training specialists etc.
Purpose. Measuring the volume of investment in the education sector in Ukraine and determine the impact of investment on the production of educational services.
Results. In the article, it was analyzed the amount of capital investments in the education sector, and evaluates the efficiency indicators of investment use on the basis of the calculation of capital-output indicators. It is established that the existing amounts of investment are not enough, the growth rates of gross value product in the sphere of education grow faster than the growth rates of investments in fixed assets. The calculations show that the level of capital productivity is rather low and is characterized by a slight increase in dynamics. Funds in the field of education are characterized by a high level of depreciation – in 2016 it amounted to about 43% of the total. The latest technology is developing at a fast pace, equipment, software, computer, office equipment and other materials are continuously updated. The material and technical base of educational institutions in Ukraine is obsolete and requires replacement, which is not possible without investing funds. The paper suggests a multiple correlation-regression dependence with the inclusion of an artificial factor, which made it possible to establish the influence of investments in fixed capital on the volume of production of educational services in dynamics. It is revealed that the volume of investments exercise a reverse effect on the amount of production of educational after, but the direction of influence should change after 1.4 years while maintaining investment at the current level.
Conclusions. Investing in the field of education in order to increase the efficiency of their use should be aimed at the following areas: creating a modern material and technical base of educational institutions; development of effective mechanism of financial provision of educational institutions; the dissemination of the principles of distance education; the introduction of mixed learning; widespread use of academic mobility programs for students/teachers; participation of Ukrainian educational institutions in international scientific research, etc.
Keywords: education; sphere of education; educational services; investment in education; investment efficiency; correlation-regression analysis.
- Tebiev, B. (2012), “Economic growth and education”, Zhekonomicheskij zhurnal, vol. 27, pp. 149-155.
- Mykhats’, S. O. (2004), “The role of education as a factor in economic growth in a transition economy”, Ph.D. Thesis, Economic theory, Kyiv National Economic University, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Anischenko, V. O. (2014), “Education and its impact on the growth of the economy”, Visnyk Chernihivs’koho natsional’noho pedahohichnoho universytetu im. T. H. Shevchenka, vol. 119 (2), pp. 4-11.
- Prokopenko, I. F. and Mel’nykova, O. V. (2017), “Higher education as a factor of Ukraine’s economic growth: the current state and prospects of development”, Zbirnyk naukovykh prats’ Kharkivs’koho natsional’noho pedahohichnoho universytetu imeni H.S. Skovorody “Ekonomika”, vol. 17, pp. 5-14.
- Boholib, T. M. (2017), “Financing of higher education in Ukraine: problems and prospects for their solution”, American Scientific Journal, vol. 1 (9), pp. 70-78.
- Padalka, O. S. and Kaleniuk, I. S. (2012), Ekonomika osvity ta upravlinnia [Economics of Education and Management], Pedahohichna dumka, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Komarova, O. (2011), “Economic efficiency of education and going is near its determination”, Analitychno-informatsijnyj zhurnal [Online], vol. 5 (112), available at: http://dspace.nbuv.gov.ua/bitstream/handle/123456789/33826/12-Komarova.pdf?sequence=1 (Accessed 5 August 2018).
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2016), “2016 Statistical Yearbook of Ukraine”, available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua (Accessed 5 August 2018).
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (2012), “Education at glance 2012”, available at: http://www.oecd.org (Accessed 5 August 2018).
- Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine (2017), “Reform of education and science”, available at: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ua/diyalnist/reformi/reforma-osviti (Accessed 5 August 2018).
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2016), “2016 National Accounts of education”, available at: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua (Accessed 5 August 2018).
- Shamileva, L. L. (2008), Statystycheskoe modelyrovanye y prohnozyrovanye [Statistical modeling and forecasting], Kashtan, Donetsk, Ukraine.
- Andrew, F. Siegel (2012). Practical Business Statistics. Sixth edition. Elsevier, Burlington, USA.
- Kempbell, R. Makkonnell Stenly L. Brju and Shon Masaky Flinn (2018), Ekonomiks [Economics], Infra-M, Moscow, Russia.