JEL Classification: G 21.
Kushnarova Anna, applicant for higher education of Accounting and Finance faculty, Mykolayiv National Agrarian University, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
ESSENCE AND VALUE OF FINANCIAL RESULTS OF COMMERCIAL BANK ACTIVITY
Introduction. Financial results of the banking institution activity are one of the most important indicators of its functioning. They characterize the stability and reliability of a commercial bank, which is necessary to create reserve funds, to encourage staff and offer guidance to develop and improve operations on the market, reduce costs and improve the quality of services provided.
Purpose. The purpose of the study is to determine the composition and significance of financial results for the functioning of the banking institution in the existing competitive environment.
Results. The article considers the concept of financial results of a commercial bank as an important element of its activity for achieving competitive advantages in the banking services market. The composition and structure of financial results, factors of possible impact on them are determined. The source of the mapping and recording of the results of the activity is indicated. Attention is paid to the significance of profit as a positive financial result of a commercial bank activity and the priority directions of its distribution are formed. The importance of the relative indicator of the effective activity of a commercial bank as one of the elements of the formation of financial results is substantiated.
Conclusions. Thus, in today’s market conditions, one can talk about the expediency of determining the composition of financial results and their significance to ensure the main directions of the functioning of a commercial bank. First, in order to increase the level of profitability it is necessary to carry out a comprehensive analysis of income and expenditure, to identify the factors of influence on them, to increase the reserves of activity. Receiving a positive or negative value of financial performance depends primarily on the effectiveness of the interaction of each component of the organization of a modern commercial bank. The ability to correctly identify and manage input and output cash flows will enable a commercial bank to derive significant benefits from its activities, both in the interests of the banking institution itself and in the interests of its clients.
Keywords: income, expenses, profit (loss), profitability, financial result, commercial bank.
- Zinchenko, O. A. Kashubina, Yu. B. andNekriach, Yu. O. (2013), “Improvement of the approaches to determining the composition of financial results of the commercial bank and the methods of their analysis”, Teoretychni i praktychni aspekty ekonomiky ta intelektualnoi vlasnosti, 1(1), pp. 280-283.
- Ivanova, V. O. and Kantur, S. F. (2012), “The economic essence of the profit of a commercial bank and the source of its formation”, Kultura narodov Prychernomoria, 253, pp. 57-60.
- National Bank of Ukraine (2011), “Instructions on the procedure for compiling and publishing the financial statements of banks”, available at: http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1288-11 (Accessed 15 November 2017).
- Korotia, S. (2012), “Profitability of a commercial bank and factors influencing its level”, Upravlinnia rozvytkom, vol. 10, pp. 73-75.
- Kryklii, A. (2008), Upravlinnia prybutkom banku [Bank Profit Management], Sumy, DVNZ “UABS NBU”, Ukraine.
- Myronova, I. (2014), “Factors influencing the sustainable functioning of commercial banksl”, Naukovyi visnyk NLTU Ukrainy, vol. 24.1, pp. 249-255.
- The national Bank of Ukraine, available at: https://bank.gov.ua/control/uk/publish/article?art_id=123599 (Accessed 16 November 2017).
- Piroh, V. (2010), “Formation and distribution of the profit of the bank”, vol. 24, pp. 70-75.
- National Bank of Ukraine (2003), “Rules of accounting of incomes and expenses of banks of Ukraine”, available at: http://zakon2.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0583-03 (Accessed 15 November 2017).
- Revych, Ya. (2013), “Methods of analysis and distribution of bank profits”, Rehionalna biznes-ekonomika ta upravlinnia, vol. 1, pp.114-120.
- Syromiatnykova, O. V. (2015), “Financial results of the bank as an object of analytical research”, Stratehii innovatsiinoho rozvytku ekonomiky, [Online], vol. 12, available at: https://goo.gl/RMSPvn (Accessed 15 November 2017).
- Skorobach, I. (2013), “Analysis of profit and profitability of small and medium-sized banks of Ukraine”, Ekonomika ta derzhava, vol. 5, pp. 77-79.
- Tyrkalo, R. I. Hutsal, I. S. and Chaikovskyi, Ya. I. (2001), Bankivska sprava [Banking], Kart-blansh, Ternopil, Ukraine.