Smachilo Valentina, Ph.D. (Economics), Professor of the Department of Economics, Kharkov National University of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Kharkov, Ukraine
Bogiday Irina, Postgraduate student of the Department of Economics, Kharkov National University of Civil Engineering and Architecture, Kharkov, Ukraine
The Classification System of Enterprisesof the Agrarian and Industrial Complex
Abstract. Introduction. The European vector of Ukraine’s development opens up new horizons for national producers, but at the same time, competition is significantly increasing. In agro-industrial complexes, there is a need for swift adaptation of its management by means of all available methods and tools in order to maintain a high level of competitiveness of the EU producers of agricultural products. That is why the definition of leading agribusiness enterprises is an important task because it will allow analyzing effective competitive strategies, key factors of success and their indicators.
Purpose. The purpose is to conduct an analysis of the existing classification system of agribusiness enterprises adapted to Ukrainian realities, and to identify key indicators for further grouping of prominent producers of agro-industrial products.
Results. In accordance with the established goals of scientific research, a thorough analysis of existing modern approaches to the classification systems of agribusiness enterprises has been carried out and popular rating lists of leading enterprises of the industry have been analyzed. On the basis of the received information, the authors defined the general criteria for the classification of enterprises, which were supplemented and improved taking into account the specifics of the agro-industrial sector of Ukraine. The results were summarized and presented graphically. Also, the general list of significant agribusiness enterprises has been formed. That, in its turn, became the basis for substantiating quantitative, weighty criteria for further analysis of the industry. According to a definite sample, the density of placement of assets and enterprises in the area of Ukraine was constructed.
Conclusions. The analysis of the criteria of the classification system of enterprises of the agro-industrial complex has made it possible to determine the significant indicators and to form a significant sample of agro-industrial enterprises, which are become the basis for their further formation in homogeneous groups.
Key words: classification criteria; enterprises of the agrarian and industrial complex; rating; placing of assets.
- Andrijchuk, V. Gh. (2013). Ekonomika pidpryjemstv aghropromyslovogho kompleksu [Economy of enterprises of the agro-industrial complex]. Kyiv: KNEU [in Ukrainian].
- Nicenko, V. S. (2013). Methodological approaches to the classification of vertically integrated structures in the agroindustrial complex. Bulletin of Kharkiv National Agrarian University named after. V. V. Dokuchaev: Economic sciences, 7, 171-180. Retrieved from http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Vkhnau_ekon_2013_7_26 [in Ukrainian].
- Jaciv, I. B. (2013). Konkurentospromozhnistj siljsjkoghospodarsjkykh pidpryjemstv [Competitiveness of agricultural enterprises]. Lviv: Ukrajinsjkyj bestseller [in Ukrainian].
- Javorsjka, T. I. (2012) Malyj biznes u siljsjkomu ghospodarstvi: teorija i praktyka [Small Business in Agriculture: Theory and Practice]. Kyiv: NNC IAE [in Ukrainian].
- Ghaljcova, O. L. (2010). Derzhavne reghuljuvannja APK na osnovi ocinky rivnja resursnogho potencialu [State regulation of agroindustrial complex on the basis of assessment of the level of resource potential]. Zaporizhzhja [in Ukrainian].
- Kuksa, I. M. (2014). Mekhanizm derzhavnogho reghuljuvannja innovacijnogho rozvytku APK [The mechanism of state regulation of innovation development of the agroindustrial complex]. Kyiv: SIK GhRUP UKRAJiNA [in Ukrainian].
- Top 10 largest agroholdings in Ukraine. (2016). Retrieved from https://hyser.com.ua/business_and_finance/88902-88902 [in Russ.].
- Top 10 agroholdings of Ukraine in one infographics. (2016). Retrieved from https://businessviews.com.ua/ru/business/id/top-10-agroholdingov-ukrainy-v-odnoj-infografike-1151/ [in Russ.].
- Top 200 agro companies: How has the land bank of agroholdings changed during the year (2015). Retrieved from https://delo.ua/business/top-200-agrokompanij-kak-izmenilsja-zemelnyj-bank-agroholdingov-309094/?supdated_new=1504693394 [in Russ.].
- Top 100 latifundists of Ukraine (2014). Retrieved from https://latifundist.com/rating/top100#232 [in Russ.].
- The 20 most successful farmers in Ukraine. The Focus rating (2012). Retrieved from https://focus.ua/ratings/235005/ [in Russ.].
- Rating of the 20 most efficient agricultural companies in Ukraine. Who earns the most on Ukrainian black soil? (2015). Retrieved from http://forbes.net.ua/magazine/forbes/1399408-rejting-20-samyh-effektivnyh-agrokompanij-ukrainy#20 [in Russ.].
- 200 largest companies (2015). Retrieved from http://forbes.net.ua/ua/ratings/3 [in Russ.].
- Top 16 of the most successful crop company (2018). Retrieved from http://landlord.ua/top-16-nayefektivnishih-roslinnitskih-kompaniy/ [in Ukrainian]
- 10 agribusiness companies that earn more than others (2017). Retrieved from: http://landlord.ua/10-agropromislovih-kompaniy-yaki-zarobili-bilshe-za-inshih/
- State Statistics Service of Ukraine (2018). Retrieved from https://ukrstat.org/uk [in Ukrainian].
- The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (1999). On Accounting and Financial Reporting of Ukraine (Act. 996, July 16). Retrieved from http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/996-14/ [in Ukrainian].
- Kyiv Mohyla Business School (2017). The Exit of Ukrainian Companies in New Markets: Challenges and Opportunities. Retrieved from https://kmbs.ua/events [in Ukrainian].
- Corporate reputation management quality rating “Reputational ACTIVists” (2018). Results. Retrieved from: http://repactiv.com.ua/ru/results [in Russ.].
- Rating of reputation and financial reliability of agroholdings (2016). Retrieved from https://landlord.ua/reytingi/reiting_reputacii-i-finansovoiy-nadezhnosti-agroholdingov/ [in Russ.].
Received: 14 February 2019
How to quote this article?
|Smachilo, V. & Bogiday, I. (2019). The classification system of enterprises of the agrarian and industrial complex. Modern Economics, 13(2019), 213-218. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V13(2019)-33.|