Dotsenko Inna, PhD (Economics), Associate Professor of the Department of Finance, Banking and Insurance, Khmelnitsky National University, Khmelnitsky, Ukraine
The Conceptual Steps for Determination the Essence of Concept of Bank Financial Stability
Abstract. Introduction. During the last years the question of financial stability gets priority attention of research workers in the whole world. Financial stability of banks for so many years is the article of scientific discussions of experts of the world. Analysis of theoretical works in which thoroughly essence and maintenance of concept «financial stability» and «financial instability» opens up testifies to absence of the unique steps of determination these important economic categories. It results in equation of these concepts with others and complicates the analysis of criteria, also there is a description of essence of category «financial stability of bank». It is an urgent necessity the presence of the self-weighted and grounded for determination of essence of financial bank stability which will lean against a certain scientific and theoretical base.
Purpose. A research purpose is an improvement of concept idea and deepening of scientific and theoretical aspects in relation to an ambiguousness in understanding of essence of financial banking stability.
Results. Investigational financial stability of bank, its essence and value. Two schools are traced in the considered literature: authors which consider to be the best in defining financial instability and authors which try to define financial stability. On the basis of analysis of theoretical works in which thoroughly essence and maintenance of concept «financial stability» and «financial instability» opens up the present views of scientists and systematizes the concepts.
Conclusions. We came to the conclusion that the unique look to the understanding of essence of financial banking stability does not exist for today. We select basic approaches in relation to determinate the concept of financial stability of bank. It enables for development of measures on the effective management of bank financial stability and comes forward with a task for subsequent researches.
Keywords: capital; income; firmness; reliability; financial stability; financial instability.
- Mishkin, F. (1999). Global Financial Instability: Framework, Events, Issues. Journal of Economic Perspectives, 4(13), 3-20.
- Davis, E. A. (2001). Typology of Financial Instability: Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Central Bank of Austria). Financial Stability Report, 2, 92‐110.
- Financial Stability (2018). Business Dictionary. Retrieved from: http://www.businessdictionary.com/definition/
- Chant, J. (2014). Central Bank of Bahrain. Financial Stability Report, 12, 145-214.
- Allen, W. & Wood, G. (2016). Defining and achieving financial stability. Journal of Financial Stability, 12, 152‐172.
- Foot, M. (2013) What is «financial stability» and How do we get it? The Roy Bridge Memorial Lecture, Financial Services Authority, 4, 52‐92.
- Crockett, A. (2016). Why is Financial Stability a Goal of Public Policy?: in Maintaining Financial Stability in a Global Economy. Symposium Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, 8, 55‐96.
- Lager, J. (2017). Monitoring Financial System Stability. Bank of Australia Bulletin, 11, 85-116.
- Padoa‐Schioppa, T. (2012, October 24-25). Central Banks and Financial Stability: Exploring a Land in Between. Paper presented at the Second ECB Central Banking Conference, Frankfurt am Main, pp. 19.
- Schinasi, G. J. (2009). Defining Financial Stability and a Framework for Safeguarding It, Central Bank of Chile, Working paper, 550, 48-79.
- Gryaznovа, A. G. (2011). Finansovo-kreditnyy encyclopaedic dictionary, Moscow: Finances and statistics [in Russ.].
- Belova, I. & S. Bashlay (2013). Viznachennya financial stability of Ukraine. Announcer of the National bank of Ukraine, 7, 25-31 [in Ukrainian].
- Stability of the banking system (2018). The National bank of Ukraine. Retrieved from: https://bank.gov.ua/control/uk/publish/article?art_id=123667 [in Ukrainian].
Received: 16 February 2019
How to quote this article?
|Dotsenko, I. (2019). The Conceptual Steps for Determination the Essence of Concept of Bank Financial Stability. Modern Economics, 13(2019), 79-84. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V13(2019)-12.|