|JEL Classification: G01; G11||DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V16(2019)-13|
Monica Falen Foila, graduate student of the Magister of Management Sciences, Faculty of Economics, Sriwijaya University, Palembang
Hj. Sulastri, Ph.D of Financial Management Economics, Faculty of Economics, Magister of Management Sciences, Sriwijaya University, Palembang
Yuliani, Ph.D of Financial Management, Faculty of Economics, Magister of Management Sciences, Sriwijaya University, Palembang
Hanafi Agustina, Ph.D of Economics in HR Management, Faculty of Economics, Magister of Management Sciences, Sriwijaya University, Palembang
The Effect of External Financing Needs and Suistainable Growth on Firm Value in Manufacturing Companies Registered on Indonesia Stock Exchange
Abstract. Introduction. Many companies use external financing needs to meet business operations needs or for company investment capital. External financing needs are preferred in form of debt rather than issuance of new shares for two reasons; first is the consideration of emissions costs. Besides debt used to finance all company activities, the problem of growth is also important because it involves the survival of a company. Growth describes the company’s ability to generate profits. Empirical studies of the relationship between the external financing needed (EFN), company growth, and firm value until now have not reached a comprehensive conclusion. It is indicated by various studies in scope that providing various results. In this study, the research populations were manufacturing companies registered in the Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) for the period 2012-2016. 124 companies were studied. The analysis used multiple regression.
Purpose. The purpose of this study was to conduct an analysis and obtain empirical evidence of the effect of External Financing Needs, Sustainable Growth, and Firm Value.
Results. The results showed that External Financing Needs in manufacturing companies had a not-significant effect on Firm Values, meaning that high or low External Finance of company needs did not affect the firm value of a company, and the Sustainable Growth Rate in manufacturing companies had a significant effect on Firm Valueit means that high or low a sustainable growth of a company will have an affect on the firm value of a company.
Conclusion. External Financing Needs (EFN) in manufacturing companies had no significant effect on PER, meaning that the high and low EFN of a company does not affect the firm value of a company. Sustainable Growth Rate (SGR) in manufacturing companies had a significant effect on PER, meaning that the high and low SGR of a company will affect the firm value of company.
Keywords : External Fiancing Needs, Suistanable Growth, Firm Value.
- Brigham, Eugene F.1995. Foundamental of Financial Management, Seventh Edition, The Dryden Press, 1995.
- Brigham, E.F.dan Gapenski, Louis C. 1996. “Intermadiate finance management” (5th). Harbor Drive: The Dryden Press.
- Dhani, I. P., & Utama, A. S. (2017). Pengaruh Pertumbuhan Perusahaan, Struktur
- Dickerson, Bodil, B. J. Campsey, dan Eugene F. Brigham. 1995. Introduction to Financial Management, Fourth Edition, USA: The Dryden Press, Harcourt Brace College Publisher.
- Dominick Salvatore. 2011. Managerial Economics. Fifth Edition. Singapore : Thomson Learning
- Donaldson, Gordon. (1961 & 1969), Corporate dept capacity. Boston : division of research, Harvard business school
- Gudov Artem. 2016. Combining formal and informal financial sources Russian early enterpreneurs’ and established firm’s structure of external financing. Emerald Insight. p. 39- 60
- Husnan, Suad. 2010. Manajemen Keuangan Teori Dan Penerapan (Keputusan Jangka Panjang). Edisi Keempat, Yogyakarta : BPFE
- Martono dan Agus Harjito. 2010. Manajemen Keuangan edisi ketiga, Yogyakarta: Ekonisia Modal dan Profitabilitas Terhadap Nilai Perusahaan.
- Nadillah, D. Y. (2017). Pengaruh Struktur Modal dan Pertumbuhan Perusahaan terhadap nilai perusahaan yang dimediasi kinerja keuangan dengan pengungkapan corporate social responsibility sebagai variabel pemoderasi pada perusahaan manufaktur di Bursa Efek Indonesia Th. 2011-2014. JOM Fekon, 4(1), 601–615.
- Sadono, Sukirno. 2011. Makro Ekonomi Teori Pengantar. Jakarta: Raja grafindo Persada.
- Saputro, Adimas Wahyu, Agus Purwanto, Pengaruh Hubungan Kinerja, Likuiditas dan Return Saham terhadap Deviation Actual Growth Rate dari SustainableGrowth Rate. Simposium Nasional Akuntansi XVI. 2013
- Jay M, Skousen K. Fred. 2000. Akuntansi Intermediate, Volume Konprehensif, Edisi kesembilan, Jilid II, Dialihbahasakan Oleh Tim Penerjemah Penerbit Erlangga, Jakarta : Erlangga.
- Sukirno, Sadono. 2012. Makroekonomi Teori Pengantar Edisi Ketiga. Jakarta: Rajawali Pers.
- Tinungki, 2016. JMSK (Journal Matematika, Statistika dan Komputasi), Vol. 13, No. 1, 46-54, Juli 2016, http:journal.unhas.ac.id/index.php/jmsk, ISBN 1858-1382
Received: 07 July 2019
How to quote this article?
|Monica F. F., Hj. Sulastri, Yuliani, Hanafi A., (2019). The Effect of External Financing Needs and Sustainable Growth on Firm Value in Manufacturing Companies Registered on Indonesia Stock Exchange. Modern Economics, 16(2019), 86-93. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V16(2019)-13.|