Burliai Alina, PhD (Economics), Associate Professor of the Department of Economy Uman National University of Horticulture, Uman, Ukrain
Burliai Oleksandr, PhD (Economics), PhD (Economics), Professor of the Department of Business, Trade and Exchange Activities Uman National University of Horticulture, Uman, Ukraine
The Epistemology of the Concept of «Ecologization of Agriculture» in the Context of Sustainable Development of Society
Abstract. Introduction. The development of humanity in the last century was focused on the rapid growth of the economy, which led to an unprecedented scale of harmful effects on the biosphere. There were contradictions between the growing needs of the world community and the limited capacity of the biosphere to meet them. That is why the problem of ecologization has begun to be considered at the global level, and became an important part of the leading concept of the development of society – the concept of sustainable development.
Purpose. The purpose of the study is to identify the essence of the concept of “ecologization of agriculture” and to study the mechanism of the impact of this process on sustainable development of society.
Results. It has been established that the agricultural sector is characterized by a close link between agrarian production and the environment. Agricultural production takes all the necessary natural resources and energy from the environment. Besides the growth of production, which was provoked by the more intense agricultural activity, there may be also negative consequences. Therefore, it is extremely important to define the essence of ” ecologization of agriculture” – a managed process of the consistent implementation of technical, technological, economic, managerial, organizational, innovative and other measures for the formation of a sustainable socio-ecological production system in the process of agricultural activities and in the production of agricultural products , which promote the rational use of nature, preservation and improvement of the quality of the environment on the local, regional or global levels. Among main directions of the policy of sustainable development of agriculture and rural territories from the point of view of ecologization of production it is crucial to make accents on the development of science and innovations; profitability of agricultural enterprises; organization of food chains and risk management; restoration, conservation and development of ecosystems; resource efficiency, low carbon economy and climate resilience; social integration, poverty reduction, economic development.
Conclusions. Ecologization of agriculture will contribute to the sustainable development of society as a whole.
Keywords: agriculture; ecologization; sustainable development; ecological crisis.
- Shevchuk, V. Ja. (2010). Formation of an Innovative Model of Ukraine’s Sustainable Development in the Post-Crisis Period. Ekonomichnyj chasopys–ХХІ, 1-2, 6-8 [in Ukrainian].
- Kyrylenko, I. Gh. (2018). Globalization of the noosphere: challenges, perspectives. Visnyk Nacionaljnoji akademiji nauk Ukrajiny, 6, 86-92 [in Ukrainian].
- Maljarenko, V. A. (2008). Energy and the environment. Kharkiv: Vydavnyctvo «Sagha» [in Ukrainian].
- Emission Database for Global Atmospheric Research. Retrieved from http://edgar.jrc.ec.europa.eu.
- Jos, G. J. Olivier; Greet Janssens-Maenhout; Marilena Muntean; Jeroen A.H.W. Peters. Trends in global CO2 emissions: 2016 Report. European Commission. Retrieved from http://www.pbl.nl/en/publications/trends-in-global-co2-emissions-2016-report.
- Attitudes of European citizens towards the environment. Special Eurobarometer 416, 2014. Retrieved from http://ec.europa.eu/COMMFrontOffice/ publicopinion/index.cfm/Survey/getSurveyDetail/instruments/SPECIAL/surveyKy/2008.
- Krutjakova, V. I. & Kharichkov, S. K. (2013). Ecologization as a component of the strategy of Ukraine’s transition to sustainable development. The goals of balanced development for Ukraine: Mіzhnarodna Ekonomichna konferentsіya. Kyiv: Centr ekologhichnoji osvity ta informaciji [in Ukrainian].
- Porjadyn, A. F. & Khovanskyj, A. F. (1996). Assessment and regulation of the quality of the environment. M.: Pryboj [in Russ.].
- Ghromov N. N., Persyanov V. A. & Uskov N.S. (2008). Transport management. M.: Yzdateljskyj Centr «Akademyja» [in Russ.].
- Sukhanova, Je. T. (2002). Economic aspects of environmental development of the food complex of the region. Irpin: Akademija DPS Ukrajiny informaciji [in Ukrainian].
- Tarasova, V. V. (2008). Environmental statistics. Kyiv: Centr navch. liter informaciji [in Ukrainian].
- Rejmers, N. F. (1990). Nature use. Moscow: Myslj [in Russ.].
- Kharychkov, S. K., Andreeva, N. N. & Kupynec, L. E. (2007). Economics and ecology: development compatibility (world experience and Ukrainian perspective). Odesa: IPREEI NAN Ukrainy [in Russ.].
- Ghurjjeva, M. A. (2012). Ecologization of the economy: the international dimension. Armija i suspiljstvo, 2(32), 114-120 [in Russ.].
- Baghaj, N. O. (2010). Environmentalization of Agrarian Legislation of Ukraine: the essence and directions. Aktualjni problemy vdoskonalennja chynnogho zakonodavstva Ukrajiny, 25, 158-162 [in Ukrainian].
- Ghafurova, O. V. (2017). Development of scientific approaches to environmental legislation of agrarian law. Mіzhnarodna Ekonomichna konferentsіya, Kyiv [in Ukrainian].
- Usmanova, L. F. (2007). Legal regulation of nature use and environmental protection in the agrarian sector of the economy. Tjumenj: V-vo Tjum. derzh. un-ta [in Russ.].
- Andrejcev, V. I. (2011). Environmental law and legislation of sovereign Ukraine: problems of implementation of state environmental policy. D.: Nacionaljnyj ghirnychyj universytet [in Ukrainian].
- Lipkan, V. A. (2009). The theory of national security. Kyiv: KNT [in Ukrainian].
- Janikowski, R. (2005). Paradygmaty trwałego i zrównoważonego rozwoju. Ekonomia i Środowisko, 2 (28), 8-9.
- Veklych, O. O. (2003). Economic mechanism of ecological regulation in Ukraine. Kyiv: Ukrajinsjkyj instytut doslidzhenj navkolyshnjogho seredovyshha i resursiv [in Ukrainian].
- Ghalushkina, T. P. (2009). Economics of Nature. Kharkiv: Burun Knygha [in Ukrainian].
- Ghlazun, V. V. (2002). Organizational and economic mechanism of ecologization of poultry farming (Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis). Sumy [in Ukrainian].
- Nemchenko, V. V. (1988). Economic mechanism and nature management. М.: VO «Aghropromizdat» [in Russ.].
- Meljnyk, L. Gh. (2006). Ecological economy. Sumy: VTD «Universytetsjka knygha» [in Ukrainian].
Received: 12 January 2019
How to quote this article?
|Burliai, A. & Burliai, O. (2019). The Epistemology of the Concept of «Ecologization of Agriculture» in the Context of Sustainable Development of Society. Modern Economics, 13(2019), 41-48. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V13(2019)-06.|