JEL Classification: J21, J23, J43, R23.
Alieksieieva Olga, main specialist, Department of agro-industrial development, ecology and natural resources of Vinnytsia Regional State Administration, Vinnytsia, Ukraine
THE STATE AND ITS ROLE IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE MODERN MARKET OF WORKING FORCE IN THE COUNTRYSIDE
Introduction. Transformation processes in Ukraine, which are connected with the development of a democratic independent country with a socially oriented market system, are accompanied by economic and social problems in the country and, consequently, dole-queue crisis.
As of January 1, 2017, 42.6 million people (excluding the temporarily occupied territory of the Autonomous Republic of Crimea and Sevastopol) are the population of Ukraine and 13.1 million people are living in countryside, which is 30.8%. There is a process of population decline in rural areas of all Ukraine regions.
A lot of domestic and foreign scientists are paying attention to the problems of rural population employment. Although this topic is still understudied and requires follow-up study.
Purpose. The purpose of this article is to highlight the role of the state and the current public administration in the field of supporting the functioning and development of the labor market in the countryside.
Results. Insufficient state regulation of the most important social and economic tasks in the countryside has led to the dramatic drop in living standards. These trends has detrimental effect on the prestige of agricultural labor in Ukraine.
The goals of the state employment policy, as well as the functions which are performed by the state in the process of the labor market policy implementation are determined. The reasons which complicate the labor market and create additional problems in the process of it formation and regulation are given in this article. The mechanism of public administration of the labor market in the countryside is outlined. The results of the main legal documents that bring under regulation the functioning and development of rural territories and the labor market are presented and summarized.
Conclusions. In the process of formation and implementation of the new paradigm of the development of the labor market in the countryside, it is necessary to focus on measures aimed at increasing labor productivity, the rates of increase of wages agreed with it. As a result, it will help to determine better the competitiveness of manufactured products, the volume of household consumption, and hence the level and structure of employment of rural population.
The state employment policy should shift in emphasis from unemployment benefits to active employment promotion programs. Upon the development and implementation legal documentary supporting specific tasks should be defined instead of blurred formulations of a general nature with defined deadlines for their implementation and with an appropriate level of control from both the state and other market participants.
Keywords: labor market, rural labor force, state regulation of employment, unemployment, rural development.
- Kremenj, V. and Ghorlach, M.I. (2002), Politologhija. Nauka pro polityku [Politology. Science about politics], Jedynorogh, Kharkiv, Ukraine.
- Kozarj, T. (2006), “Modern problems of the state regulation of the labor market at the regional level in Ukraine”, Ekonomika ta derzhava, vol. 10, pp. 78-79.
- Malik, M. J., Shpykuljak, O. Gh., Rjabokonj, V. P. and others (2017), Formuvannja socialjnogho kapitalu v instytucijnomu mekhanizmi aghrarnogho rynku [Formation of social capital in the institutional mechanism of the agrarian market], NNC “IAE”, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Zaghvojsjka, O. V. (2005), “The main mechanisms of state regulation of employment of rural population”, Derzhavne upravlinnja: teorija ta praktyka [Online], vol. 2, available at: http://academy.gov.ua/ej/ej2/txts/soc/05zovzsn.pdf (Accessed 27 January 2018).
- Stepanova, Y. S. (2007), Ekonomyka stoyteljstva [Economy of construction], 3rd ed, Jurajt-Yzdat, Moscow, Russia.
- Ghogholj, T. V. (2012), “Assessment of the state and efficiency of the state authorities influence on the development of rural areas”, Derzhavne upravlinnja: teorija ta praktyka, [Online], vol. 2, available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Dutp_2012_2_33 (Accessed 22 January 2018).
- Marshavin, Ju. M. (2016), “State employment policy in Ukraine: The need to restart”, Ekonomika i suspiljstvo, vol. 7, pp. 679-685.
- Statystychnyj shhorichnyk Ukrajiny za 2015 rik [Statistical Yearbook of Ukraine for 2015], State Statistics Service, Kyiv, Ukraine.
- Proghrama ghidnoji praci dlja Ukrajiny na 2016–2019 rr., skhvalena Nacionaljnoju trystoronnjoju socialjno-ekonomichnoju radoju 7 kvitnja 2016 r. [The Decent Work Program for Ukraine for 2016-2019, approved by the National Tripartite Social and Economic Council on April 7, 2016], available at: https://goo.gl/FskzsD (Accessed 1 February 2018).
- Boljshaja, O. V. (2007), “State regulation of the labor market and state employment policy in Ukraine”, available at: https://goo.gl/3UpXNK (Accessed 18 January 2018).