|JEL Classification: O18, P25, R11, R12
Nazarova Liudmyla, Doctor of Economics, Professor of Management and Economics Department, V.O. Sukhomlynskyi Mykolaiv National University
The strategic directions of modernization of the mechanism for managing the regional economy
Annotation. Introduction. The article highlights the necessity to develop the main strategic directions of modernization of the mechanism for managing the regional economy. The mechanism aims to provide the relevant evaluation of the social and economic policy efficiency at the local and national levels, as well as the efficiency of the development and implementation of the regional economic tools. The author emphasizes the necessity to not only improve, but also differentiate the mechanism to manage the regional economy in order to differentiate the social and economic development. Considering constantly changing market conditions, the article determines the necessity to review the functions of regional social and economic systems within the system of the economic environment functioning, where the decisions of their stable development take place.
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to determine the main strategic directions of modernization of the mechanism for managing the regional economy and the main issues of the managerial regional economic system improvement.
Results. The main strategic directions of modernization of the mechanism to manage the regional economy have been researched. The main issues of the managerial regional economic system improvement have been determined. Taking into account the structured process approach, the mechanism for managing the regional economy has been developed. The development of the managerial regional economic system during the USSR period has been assessed, the main issues have been determined. The main factors to transform the regional economic mechanism in current reality have been studied. The enlarged scheme to assess the efficiency of social and economic regional development has been designed. The research findings reveal that the development of key parameters of modernization of the managerial mechanism based on the differentiation approach is important in conditions of independent functioning of territories and their decentralization.
Conclusions. The author concludes that the improvement of the managerial regional economic system in conditions of their independence considers its permanent monitoring of the efficiency to manage the development of social and economic regions. The choice of differentiated managerial mechanism relevant for the regional development should be based on the data provided by the monitoring. Such approach will allow to decrease in the differentiation level and foster the increase in responsibility of regional authorities related to functioning of the territories managed.
Keywords: region; economic system; modernization; strategy; mechanism.
- Gedz, J.(2012). Pidxody do formuvannya strategiyi modernizaciyi ekonomiky` regionu. Efekty`vna ekonomika, 11. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=3299 [in Ukrainian].
- Korytko, Yu. (2012). Strategichne planuvannya social`no-ekonomichnogo rozvy`tku regionu. Strategiya i mexanizmy` regulyuvannya promy`slovogo rozvy`tku, 4, 152-160 [in Ukrainian].
- Kovbasyuk, Yu. V. (2013). Modernizaciya derzhavnogo upravlinnya ta yevropejs`ka integraciya Ukrayiny,` K, NADU [in Ukrainian].
- Nazarova, L., Glubochenko, & Porudeyeva, T (2019). Socio-economic System Evaluation of Ukrainian Black Sea. Journal of Danubian Studies and Research, 9(2), 121-134 [in English].
- Topalova, A. (2020). Formuvannya potencialu resursnogo zabezpechennya ekonomiky` regionu: teorety`chny`j aspekt. Efekty`vna ekonomika, 10. DOI: 10.32702/2307-2105-2020.10.63 [in Ukrainian].
- Zhalilо, (2012) Strukturni peretvorennya v Ukrayini : peredumovy` modernizaciyi ekonomiky. K.: NISD [in Ukrainian].
- Gardiner, B. Martin, R. Tyler, (2004). Competitiveness, Productivity and Economic Growth acrossthe European Regions. London. Retrieved from infomgt.bi.no/euram/ material/p-brykova.doc [in English].
- Guidelines on Local Government Borrowing and Recent Developments in South East Europe. Which debt instrument is suitable? Retrieved from: http://www.nalas.eu/ borrowing/3.html [in English].
- Cambridge Econometrics (2003). A Study on the Factors of Regional Competitiveness, A final report for The European Commission Directorate-General Regional Policy, University of Cambridge. Retrieved from: https://ec.europa.eu/regional_policy/sources/docgener/studies/pdf/3cr/competitiveness.pdf [in English].
- European social model. Retrieved from: www.eurofound.europa.eu [in English].
Received: 16 October 2020
How to quote this article?
|Nazarova L. (2020). The Strategic Directions of Modernization of the Mechanism to Manage the Regional Economy. Modern Economics, 23(2020), 148-154. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V23(2020)-24.|