|JEL Classification: P42, C58
Abramova M., PhD (Economics), Senior Researcher of the Department, “Central Research Institute of the Armed Forces of Ukraine”, Kyiv, Ukraine
Nosyriev O., PhD (Geographic Sciences), Associate Professor of International Business and Finance Department, National Technical University “Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute”
Kharitonov K., Head of the Financial and Economic Department “Command of the Communications and Cyber Security Forces of the Armed Forces of Ukraine”, Kyiv, Ukraine
Use of “Map-Schemes” of Connections of Economic Processes as One of the Options to Improve State Forecasting
Annotation. Introduction. Current trends of the rational use of financial resources also provoke the modernization of approaches and methods for state forecasting. The imperfection of the existing methods causes the significant differences between the planned data and the realities of life. Therefore, the improvement of existing methodological approaches is the key to more efficient use of state financial resources.
Purpose. One of the elements of improving the methodological apparatus of state forecasting is to take into account the links and their strength between some economic processes, such as: the dynamics of state budget revenues and some macroeconomic indicators of the country. An appropriate “map-scheme” of existing stable and moderate links between them, developed on the basis of the analysis of the calculated data, may become a basis for the development of propositions for the improvement of existing methods of state forecasting.
Results. The strength of the links between some economic processes of the state, namely: the dynamics of state budget revenues (the constituents of which, according to the legislation of Ukraine, include the following elements: tax revenues, non-tax revenues, official transfers from foreign governments, revenues from operations with capital, trust funds and official transfers from local budgets), as well as the following macroeconomic indicators: gross domestic product, inflation rate and gross external debt have been studied. The use of one-factor dependence equations made it possible to determine the degree of strength of connections (absent, moderate, stable connection) between the studied relations, as well as to calculate the dependence equations. The results can be used to improve the methodological and forecasting state apparatus.
Conclusions. The “map-scheme”, developed on the basis of estimating the one-factor dependence equations, clearly provides an opportunity to explore the dynamics of modern stable and moderate relationships between the constituents of state budget revenues and macroeconomic indicators of the state. Accordingly, when submitting proposals for improving methodological approaches in the field of state forecasting, it is advisable to pay special attention to the impact of gross external debt and official transfers from foreign governments on gross domestic product, as well as the impact of tax and non-tax revenues, the changing dynamics of which may significantly change its volume.
Keywords: state forecasting; macroeconomic indicators; state budget revenues; “map-scheme”; economic process.
- Wilson, J. & Golnaraghic, F. A (2008). Multi-step predictor with a variable input pattern for system state forecasting URL: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0888327008002276. DOI: 10.1016/j.ymssp.2008.09.006 [in English].
- Shcherbina, V. V. (2018) Vydy zabezpechennya makroekonomichnoho prohnozuvannya i planuvannya u konteksti mekhanizmiv derzhavnoho rehulyuvannya. Biznes-navihator, 1 (44), 96–100 [in Ukrainian].
- David, H. (2010) The Econometrics of Macroeconomic Forecasting URL: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/46432033_ DOI: 10.1111/j.1468-0297.1997.tb00051.x [in English].
- Pain, N. (2015) OECD Forecasts During and After the Financial Crisis: A Post Mortem, OECD Economics Department Working Papers, 1107, OECD Publishing, Paris. DOI: 10.1787/5jz73l1qw1s1-en [in English].
- Giebel, G. (2015) The State of the Art in Short-Term Prediction of Wind Power A Literature Overview (2nd Edition). DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.1.2581.4485 [in English].
- Shcherbina, V. V. (2017) Naukovo-teoretychni zasady modernizatsiyi makroekonomichnoho prohnozuvannya ta planuvannya dokhodiv Derzhavnoho byudzhetu Ukrayiny. Universytet derzhavnoyi fiskalʹnoyi sluzhby Ukrayiny, 2, 351–365 [in Ukrainian].
- Wallis, K. (2017) Forecasting with an econometric model: The ‘ragged edgeʺ problem, Journal of Forecasting, 5/1, 1-13. DOI: 10.1002/for.3980050102 [in English].
- Yastrebova, O. V. (2012) Vidminni oznaky system finansovoho prohnozuvannya ta planuvannya. Ekonomika ta derzhava, 1, 85-86 [in Ukrainian].
- Kurpayanidi, K. (2015) On the problem of macroeconomic analysis and forecasting of the economy. DOI: 10.15863/TAS.2020.03.83.1 [in English].
- Prokaza, T. V. (2011) Teoretychni zasady finansovoho planuvannya ta prohnozuvannya. Ekonomika promyslovosti, 2-3, 250-256.
- Mykytyuk, I. S. (2014) Byudzhetne planuvannya yak element upravlinnya byudzhetom. Ekonomichnyy visnyk universytetu, 22(1), 230- 234 [in Ukrainian].
- Petrushevsʹkyy, Y. U. (2011) Klasyfikatsiya vydiv makroekonomichnoho planuvannya. Ekonomichnyy analiz, 9, 228-232 [in Ukrainian].
- Kolyada, T. A. (2016) Formuvannya byudzhetnoyi stratehiyi Ukrayiny: teoriya, metodolohiya, praktyka. Universytet DFS Ukrayiny [in Ukrainian].
- Semenyuk, Z. I. (2013) Pidkhody do stratehichnoho planuvannya dokhodnoyi chastyny byudzhetu. Visnyk Chernivetsʹkoho torhovelʹno-ekonomichnoho instytutu. Ekonomichni nauky, 3, 274-283 [in Ukrainian].
- Babayev, V. YU. (2011) Obgruntuvannya pryynyattya derzhavno-upravlinsʹkykh rishenʹ na osnovi prohnozuvannya. Aktualʹni problemy derzhavnoho upravlinnya, 1, 29-37. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/apd y_ 2011_1_5 [in Ukrainian].
- Zhadan, T. A. (2011) Ekonomichna sutnistʹ prohnozuvannya: doslidzhennya osnovnykh pidkhodiv. Visnyk ZHDTU. Ser.: Ekonomichni nauky, 3 (57), 242-246 [in Ukrainian].
- Bobrovsʹka, O. YU. (2011) Evolyutsiya prohnozuvannya rozvytku sotsialʹno-ekonomichnykh protsesiv: stan i napryamky udoskonalennya. Zbirnyk naukovykh pratsʹ «Publichne administruvannya: teoriya ta praktyka», 2 (6) [in Ukrainian].
- Vakarchuk, T. S. (2014) Derzhavne rehulyuvannya ta prohnozuvannya rozvytku natsionalʹnoyi ekonomiky. Zbirnyk naukovykh pratsʹ «Ekonomichnyy Nobelivsʹkyy visnyk», 1 (7), 66-75 [in Ukrainian].
- Kulynych, O. I. (2017) Pobudova funktsionalʹnykh modeley ekonomichnykh yavyshch – prykladne pidtverdzhennya mozhlyvostey metodu statystychnykh rivnyanʹ zalezhnostey. Universytet·sʹki naukovi zapysky – aktualʹni problemy ekonomiky, 64, 308-324 [in Ukrainian].
Received: 15 December 2020
How to quote this article?
|Abramova M., Nosyriev O., Kharitonov K. (2020). Use of “Map-Schemes” of Connections of Economic Processes as One of the Options to Improve State Forecasting. Modern Economics, 24(2020), 12-18. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V24(2020)-02.|