Zvirid N. V., PhD in Economics, Associate Professor of the Department of Accounting and Audit HEI «Bukovynsky University»
Use of Statistical Methods in Analytical Procedures Implementation of Audit
Abstract. Introduction. In today’s audit, the use of analytical procedures enables to save time and effort of the auditor and at the same time increase the reliability of the auditor’s report. It is for this purpose that the use of audit procedures should be an integral part of any audit. However, in the domestic practice, auditors use only a few of the most common methods, which is why it is not always possible to conduct a full study of the enterprise and achieve these benefits. Due to the variety of the latter, the choice of effective verification methodology is a rather complicated practical problem, since the use of analytical procedures requires precise selection of methods necessary for verification. It was proposed to use statistical methods in the course of their implementation to assess the reliability of the information received. The most common concepts underlying these methods are stated, namely: the method of averages, the grouping method, the chain substitution method, the index method, the correlation method, statistical sampling, probability, discrete and continuous random variables, variance, standard deviation, and the like.
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to consider basic statistical methods and their application in the implementation of analytical audit procedures. In order to assess the reliability of the information obtained as a result of the audit, statistical methods should be used. The purpose of the article is to consider basic statistical methods and their application in the implementation of analytical audit procedures.
Results. Proposed in the course of their implementation, to assess the reliability of the information obtained, use statistical methods.
Conclusions. Preliminary diagnostics in the audit activity should be as simple and cheap as possible, and it should not lose its accuracy and reliability. In addition to commonly used methods and techniques, we propose the use of statistical methods for the purposes of the audit. The effectiveness of analytical procedures depends entirely on the choice of methodology for their application in the process of audit. The use of analytical procedures by the auditor throughout the audit provides an opportunity to increase its quality and reduce labor costs.
Keywords: audit; analytical procedures; statistical methods.
- Hirst, E.(1996). Audit Analytical Procedures: A Field Investigation. Retrieved from http://lib.cufe.edu.cn/upload_files/other/4_20140 522023710_9. pdf.
- Arens, A. & Lobbek, (1995). Audit [Audit]. Moscow: Finance and Statistics.
- Defliz, F. , Dzhennik, G. R., O’Reilly, V. M. & Hirsch, M. B. (1977). Audit Montgomeri [Audit Montgomery]. Moscow: Audit; UNITI.
- Baranovska, V. (2010). Sutnits analitichnyh procedures in audi through the prism of economical analizu. Sutnist analitychnykh protsedur v audyti cherez pryzmu ekonomichnoho analizu, 4(54), 11-16 [in Ukrainian].
- Dzhalaev, G. (2010). Analytical procedures and evaluation final inspection. Analiticheskie protsedury i otsenka zaklyuchitelnoy proverki, 6, 107-112 [in Russ.].
- Ionin, E. (2008). Analytical procedures in audit: problems and prospects for use in Ukraine. Retrieved from http://r.donnu.ru/jspui/ bitstream/123456789/866/1/03.pdf [in Russ.].
- Ivanova, O. (2013). Stagnation of statistical methods in case of audit in audit. Retrieved from http://dspace.nbuv.gov.ua/bitstream/handle/ 123456789/92428/36-Ivanina.pdf?sequence=1 [in Ukrainian].
- Ivahnenkov, V. & Ikovich, T. V. (2005). Use of analytical procedures to improve audit efficiency. Vykorystannia analitychnykh protsedur dlia pidvyshchennia efektyvnosti audytu, 18, 35-40 [in Ukrainian].
- Kovalev, V. & Volkova, O. N. (2001). Analysis of the economic activity of the enterprise. Retrieved from http://epi.cc.ua/analiz-hozyaystvennoy-deyatelnosti.html [in Ukrainian].
- Kupalova, G. I. (2008). The theory of economic analysis. Retrieved from http://pidruchniki.com/1584072015160/ekonomika/teoriyaekonomichnogo _analizu [in Ukrainian].
- Marmoza, T. (2013). Theory of Statistics. Retrieved from http://pidruchniki.com/1503061853010/statistika/serednivelichini [in Ukrainian].
- International Standards on Auditing (ISA) (2010). Retrieved from http://www.som.org.ua/files/f283408a0100.pdf [in Ukrainian].
- Mnih, V. (2000). Economic analysis. Retrieved from http://pidruchniki.com/1663111641846/ekonomika/ekonomichniy_analiz [in Ukrainian].
- Popov, A. (2009). Some problems of applying a statistical method during a selective audit. Retrieved from http://ecsn.ru/files/pdf/200901/ 200901_317.pdf [in Russ.].
- Usach, B. F. (2003). Audyt [Audit] (2nd ed). Kyiv: Knowledge-Press [in Ukrainian].
- Khodjaeva, M. Kh., Abdurakhmanova, F. F. & Kadyrov, Z. N. (2014). Economic analysis and audit. Retrieved from http://www.ziyonet.uz/uploads/books/49959/55f159b4252ad.pdf [in Russ.].
Received: 19 February 2019
How to quote this article?
|Zvirid, N. V. (2019). Use of Statistical Methods in Analytical Procedures Implementation of Audit. Modern Economics, 13(2019), 112-116. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V13(2019)-18.|