Vakun Oksana, Ph.D. (Economics), Associate Professor of the Department Accounting and Finance, Ivano-Frankivsk Educational and Scientific Institute of Management of TNEU, Ivano-Frankivsk, Ukraine
Hrabchuk Irina, Ph.D. (Economics), Associate Professor of the Department Accounting and Auditing, Zhytomyr State Technological University, Zhytomyr, Ukraine
Zakharchuk Volodymyr, Postgraduate student of the Department of the Department Accounting and Auditing, Zhytomyr State Technological University, Zhytomyr, Ukraine
Adaptability of Software for Reporting to User Requirements
Abstract. Introduction. The development of reporting in Ukraine is characterized by the presence of problem issues regarding the submission of reporting forms in electronic format. Often, there are issues of choosing software for reporting for a particular enterprise.
Purpose. The purpose of the article is to assess the adaptability of software for reporting under the requirements of its users.
Results. It has been established that the adaptability of reporting software (user-adaptability) should be understood as the ability of developers to adjust and provide the best view of such programs to users according to their requirements. The general characteristics of software for reporting on the Ukrainian market are distinguished: modularity, payment, interaction with other programs, flexibility, availability of technical support, online or offline versions, autocomplete and auto-calculation, verification, possibilities of electronic document circulation. The software for reporting on the Ukrainian market is analyzed on the basis of its adaptability.
It is suggested to use the CAARS (custom adoptability of accounting reporting software) indicator to determine the adaptability of reporting software. The CAARS indicator estimates the following characteristics: мodularity (M), cooperation (C), Signature (S), Support (Su), Flexibility (F), electronic document flow (E), reporting (R), automatic (A), chekup (Ch). According to calculations of CAARS indicator software for reporting in Ukraine, the most adapted are software products such as «M.E.Doc», «1С: Report» and «SOTA». The most developed indicators of the CAARS indicator for Ukrainian reporting software are checking (Ch), automatic (A), reporting (R), flexibility (F) and signature (Si), and the least developed ‒ modularity (M) and cooperation (C).
Conclusions. The results of the research can be used: accountants of enterprises ‒ to make decisions on the choice of software for reporting; software developers ‒ to improve the product and ensure its compatibility.
Keywords: software adaptability; reporting; software; reporting users.
- Ivakhnenkov, S. V. (1998). Organization of accounting in the use of computer technology (Abstract of Ph.D. Thesis). Accounting, Analysis and Auditing. Kyiv.
- Denjgha, S. M. (2007). Computerization of accounting at enterprises of different scales and branches. Visnyk Nacionaljnogho universytetu «Ljvivsjka politekhnika», 576, 409-414.
- Dykyj, A. P. & Dovghalj, Ju. D. (2008). Features of the choice of software for computerization of accounting of large enterprises. Visnyk Zhytomyrsjkogho derzhavnogho tekhnologhichnogho universytetu. Ekonomichni nauky, 4 (46), 61-70.
- Spivak, S. M. (2013). Comparison of programs for the formation and submission of electronic reporting. Tezy dopovidej IV Mizhnarodnoji naukovo-metodychnoji konferenciji Forum molodykh ekonomistiv-kibernetykiv [Modeljuvannja ekonomiky: problemy, tendenciji, dosvid], Ternopil, Ukraine, рр. 106-108.
- Savko, I. Which program to choose to submit reports electronically. Retrieved from http://www.buhuslugi.com.ua/ua/publikatsiji/562-yaku-programu-vibrati-dlya-podachi-zviti-v-elektronnomu-viglyadi.html.
- ISO/IEC 25010: 2011 «Systems and software engineering». Retrieved from http://iso25000.com/index.php/en/iso-25000-standards/iso-25010.
- Shulga, T. E. & Slastihina, M. D. (2015), The study of software adaptability based on the use of mathematical models of functionally redundant discrete systems. Vestnik SGTU, 1 (80), 158-166 [in Ukrainian].
- Neghurycja, D.S. (2014). Adaptability of software for critical systems. Radioelektronni i komp’juterni systemy, 6, 48-52 [in Ukrainian].
- Tarvainen, P. (2008). Adaptability Evaluation at Software Architecture Level. The Open Software Engineering Journal, 2 [in Ukrainian].
- Horodyskyi, M. P. & Hrabchuk, I. L. (2018). Software market analysis for preparing records and reporting. Problemy teoriji ta metodologhiji bukhghaltersjkogho obliku, kontrolju i analizu, 1 (39), 32-37 [in Ukrainian]. https://doi.org/10.26642/pbo-2018-1(39)-32-37.
- The Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (1999). On Accounting and Financial Reporting in Ukraine (Act No. 996-XIV, June 16). Retrieved from http://zakon3.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/996-14 [in Ukrainian].
Received: 18 January 2019
How to quote this article?
|Vakun, O., Hrabchuk, I., Zakharchuk, V. (2019). Adaptability of Software for Reporting to User Requirements. Modern Economics, 13(2019), 49-54. DOI: https://doi.org/10.31521/modecon.V13(2019)-07.|