Holovko Mykhailo, graduate student of Finance and Banking, Private higher education institution «European University», Kyiv, Ukraine
Sovshchak Svetlana, applicant higher education accounting and Finance faculty, Mykolayiv national agrarian university, Mykolayiv, Ukraine
ANALYSIS OF FOREIGN EXPERIENCE OF LOCAL TAXES AND FEES FUNCTIONING
Introduction. In terms of financial and political crisis of the special urgency of the problem of rational spending the budget resources, finding additional sources of financing social needs, one of which is decentralization of state power. Fiscal decentralization is one of the necessary conditions fo local authorities independence and viability, their active involvement in the development of the controlled areas, matching local expenditure with local needs and preferences.
Purpose. In the implementation of the decentralization strategy in Ukraine is to draw the best foreign experience of the flow of this process and broadening the tax base at the local level in particular. Financial Foundation for the empowerment of local authorities in Ukraine on the example of developed European countries is local taxes. In foreign сountries, these taxes and fees are intended to stimulate business activity, boost the local economy and its infrastructure.
Results. The financial basis for expanding the powers of local authorities in Ukraine, based on the example of developed European countries, should become local taxes. The role of the latter can not be limited to filling the revenue part of local budgets, since in foreign countries these taxes and fees are intended to stimulate entrepreneurial activity, promote the development of local economy and its infrastructure. Due to introduction of a number of privileges in local taxation it is possible to solve a number of local infrastructure, environmental and other problems, improve socio-economic indicators of separate administrative and territorial units, stimulate rational use of natural resources, expand markets for environmentally friendly products, etc.
Conclusions. Summarizing the results of the study, we can note that fiscal decentralization is a strategically important process, the deployment of which in Ukraine will allow to expand the responsibilities of local authorities and, as a result, improve the quality of provision of public goods and services.
Keywords: local budgets, local taxation, Tax code, income, local taxes and fees, principles of forming the financial resources of local government tax revenues.
JEL Classification: H 20; H 25
- Environmental taxation and EU environmental policies : Report of European Environment Agency. – Luxembourg : Publications Office of the European Union, 2016. – P. 17–18.
- Fiscal decentralization indicators for South-East Europe : report : 2006–2014 /Jauthors Levitas Anthony [and others], Skopje : Network of Associations of Local Authorities of South-East Europe – NALAS. 2016. – 130 p.
- Fiscal decentralization indicators for South-East Europe : report : 2006–2014 / [authors Levitas Anthony [and others], Skopje : Network of Associations of Local Authorities of South-East Europe NALAS, 2016. – P. 22.
- Paying Taxes 2017: The global picture, World Bank Group and Pw C, available at: www.pwc.com/payingtaxes
- Roach B. (2010). Taxes in the United States: History, Fairness, and Current Political Issues. Medford, Global Development And Environment Institute, Tufts University, available at: http://ase.tufts.edu/gdae.
- Bondaruk, T. H. (2011), “Zarubizhnyy dosvid mistsevoho opodatkuvannya ta mozhlyvosti yoho zastosuvannya v Ukrayini”, Zbirnyk naukovykh pratsʹ Natsionalʹnoho universytetu derzhavnoyi podatkovoyi sluzhby Ukrayiny, vol. 1, P. 59.
- Hordiyenko, S. M. (2013), “Rozvytok ekolohichnoho opodatkuvannya na mistsevomu rivni”, Visnyk Sumsʹkoho natsionalʹnoho ahrarnoho universytetu, vol. 1, p. 255.
- Kalustyan, YA. V. (2013), “Otsinka system mistsevoho opodatkuvannya zarubizhnykh krayin”, Innovatsiyna ekonomika, vol. 1, pp. 201–202.
- Poltorak, A. S. (2015), “Analiz podatkovykh nadkhodzhenʹ u strukturi dokhodiv zvedenoho byudzhetu Ukrayiny”, MNU im V. O. Sukhomlynsʹkoho, vol. 2(5), pp. 130–134.
- Poltorak, A. S. and Volosuyk, Yu. V. (2016), “Otsinka podatkovykh ryzykiv v systemi ekonomichnoyi bezpeky pidpryyemstv”, Ekonomichnyy chasopys – ХХІ, vol. 158 (3–4(2)), pp. 35–38.
- Polyak, A. V. (2014), “Dosvid mistsevoho opodatkuvannya Nimechchyny ta yoho vykorystannya v protsesi reformuvannya podatkovoyi systemy Ukrayiny”, Visnyk Zaporizʹkoho natsionalʹnoho universytetu, vol. 4(1), p. 191.
- Rudenko, I. V. (2014), “Fiskalʹna detsentralizatsiya: modeli, perspektyvy, ryzyky”, Ekonomika, finansy, parvo, vol. 6, p. 18.
- Semenetsʹ, R. M. (2015), “Porivnyalʹnyy analiz zarubizhnoho dosvidu u sferi mistsevoho opodatkuvannya ta napryamky yoho zastosuvannya v Ukrayini”, Mytna sprava, vol. 1(97), pp. 307–309.
- Khlivnyy, V. (2012), “Fiskalʹna detsentralizatsiya na mistsevomu rivni”, Rynok tsinnykh paperiv Ukrayiny, vol. 8, p. 27.